premium tanks Lowe Skorpion G

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

the_nebuchadnezzar #1 Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:53 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 43719 battles
Hey guys,
So I`m thinking about buying a new premium tank (hope WG will give us some real discounts for it`s birthday) and I can`t decide btw Lowe and Skorpion G. Now, I play german tanks alot (got both E100 and Maus line researched, as well as both Grille and JG.Pz.E100 line) so both can be used for a little more crew training. But my goal is to make credits. I have a few premiums, but most are meds and I`m bored playing them. A few months ago, I did play a few games in the Lowe on the test server and I really enjoy it. Felt strong and I loved the gun. Unfortunately, I didn`t had the chance to test the Skorpion G to be able to compare. So, what do you guys think it`s the better credit maker overall, Lowe or Skorpion G? Thx alot! 

tank276 #2 Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 47719 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Both choices are excellent (for current t8 MM situation at least).

They make good money, so it is up to you to decide which u prefer , heavies or TDs.

Have around 1300 battles in the Lowe (second most played after Tiger 2), much much less in the Skorpion.

I guess the TD works better vs t10s if u can follow the golden rule "always in render distance, always away from enemy spotting distance".

Vegetation seems to work in favour of camouflaged tanks, plus map rotation seems to be less frequent for corridored/city maps in 1.0.

So maybe Skorpion is a more valid choice nowadays.

deivio82 #3 Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45282 battles
  • [LT-UK] LT-UK
lowe only lowe, scorpion is very bad TD .. big, no camo ,bad aim from 300m + ... i have both  so i say take lowe ... 

JCD3nton #4 Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20807 battles
Skorpion G is the best premium tank in this game.

kiolvi #5 Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48714 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

Well it depends, Do you enjoy grille type play style cemping back and dead 3 seconds after spotted. If you do, scorpion does make a lot of credits. At moment I have no patience to cemp back so i prefer löwe. It can hold its own even in a tier X game. Excellent armor if you know how to use it and very good gun. Makes credits also very well because you don't have to automatically tap that 2 key.

So ask yourself which one you prefer at the moment, E75 or Grille15. Those are the play styles Löwe and Scorpion G offer. Both make credits very well, but only if you like to drive them in to battles.

IncandescentGerbil #6 Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
Examine contents of trousers. Let your gender decide. The front line is no place for girls.

TacticusMK2 #7 Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15671 battles
  • [DUAL] DUAL
Stay away from heavy tanks tier 8 prems. You'll face tier X every single game. At least you dont need armor with a TD.

Mosjmosh #8 Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36594 battles
Don't know about the Löwe, but the Skorpion doesn't really care that much about the MM. It also packs 246mm (i think) of penetration on standard AP ammo, meaning that you don't really need to fire APCR ever, which in turn makes this tank amazing at earning credits.

kiolvi #9 Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48714 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

View PostTacticusMK2, on 02 April 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Stay away from heavy tanks tier 8 prems. You'll face tier X every single game. At least you dont need armor with a TD.

Even if it is tier X every battle, there would be 3 of them. And very rarely they are all heavy tanks.  And with Löwe you should go where the heavy tanks normally go. At least I do. Just trying to say that even in tier X games you are very competitive with Löwe. Armor works just fine against Tier IX heavies and to think that you would alone face tier X is silly. 

And after saying that, i am not sure if WG has changed the MM somehow but not even half of my Löwe games have been tier X in the last couple of weeks...  

NoobySkooby #10 Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6754 battles

View Postdeivio82, on 02 April 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

lowe only lowe, scorpion is very bad TD .. big, no camo ,bad aim from 300m + ... i have both  so i say take lowe ... 

Very bad, whats so bad about 490 alpha damage? fortunately for me I have both, and I love them both, the one advantage the the Lowe has over the Skorpion is that it is a an MBT, where as the Skorpion is a supporting tank, either way both are fun in my very humble opinion.

kiolvi #11 Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 48714 battles
  • [T-BAD] T-BAD

View Postkaptainkrunch, on 02 April 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

Very bad, whats so bad about 490 alpha damage? fortunately for me I have both, and I love them both, the one advantage the the Lowe has over the Skorpion is that it is a an MBT, where as the Skorpion is a supporting tank, either way both are fun in my very humble opinion.

Your opinion is very wise indeed good sir. So it comes the play style OP prefers in my very humble opinion.

uglycousin #12 Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42469 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View Postthe_nebuchadnezzar, on 02 April 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

Hey guys,
So I`m thinking about buying a new premium tank (hope WG will give us some real discounts for it`s birthday) and I can`t decide btw Lowe and Skorpion G. Now, I play german tanks alot (got both E100 and Maus line researched, as well as both Grille and JG.Pz.E100 line) so both can be used for a little more crew training. But my goal is to make credits. I have a few premiums, but most are meds and I`m bored playing them. A few months ago, I did play a few games in the Lowe on the test server and I really enjoy it. Felt strong and I loved the gun. Unfortunately, I didn`t had the chance to test the Skorpion G to be able to compare. So, what do you guys think it`s the better credit maker overall, Lowe or Skorpion G? Thx alot! 

Both are good. But in tier 10 games the Lowe will struggle more than the Skorpion G will. 

And actually the Skorpion G does not really care about tiers. As long as it gets spotted it gets HE shoved up his manhole anyway, it's just that tier 10s can sometimes one-shot it with a high roll. :)

Lowe is a great tier 8 HT, but tier 8 tanks get thrown in tier 10 battles a lot so ... your choice. But both thanks are good. Depends what you prefer. :)

XxKuzkina_MatxX #13 Posted 02 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44642 battles
I own the lowe and the skorpion and i love them both. As you read above the choices are different that they are both very good. Skorpion play style is sniping from the back which can be boring sometimes but it's very effective in terms of damage output and credits. The lowe can side scrape and can go hull down (10 degrees gun depression) which enable it to be in the thick of the battle. The lowe's gun is accurate enough to snipe and got enough penetration to hurt even tier 10s. You can do a thing or two with the skorpion but you can do it all with the lowe. The more you know how to use it the more rewarding it become which means it's a very capable tank and it makes good credits even shooting full gold. The skorpion is also good but in the end the choice is yours.

MeNoobTank #14 Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9205 battles

I have both. They are both very good credit makers. Both got good pen so you don't really need to use the premium rounds. I would say it is up to you to decide if you like more to play as heavy or as TD.

I would say both perform really well in T10 matches. Lowe fells more as a T9 heavy than as a T8. if you find good cover for hull it is amazing. Also the gun handling and precision if very nice, I troll Type 5 heavies shooting them in the small weak spot on top of the turret every time easly.

Skorp has very nice boom stick, it is so satisfing to make that pretty loong aim time worth the waiting when you high roll in it.

soul3ater #15 Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18434 battles
  • [OMNIA] OMNIA

Skorpion over any other premium that is on sale atm.

prints money like no tomorrow, also helps if you know what you're doing of course. 

with 50% credit booster, I make about 1.5m per session. 

DracheimFlug #16 Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8900 battles

View Postkiolvi, on 02 April 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

Your opinion is very wise indeed good sir. So it comes the play style OP prefers in my very humble opinion.

This. If you are good with lights and low armoured vehicles, then the Skorpion G, and if you are better and/or more comfortable with heavies, then the Löwe. Statistically, I think the G has better performance, and is available for sale less often, but personally even though I am not the best with it, I love my Löwe.

Axelfoley666 #17 Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21615 battles
  • [TWD] TWD
I have both, love my Lowe.

mollethepro #18 Posted 02 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8035 battles
skorpion, you can buy löwe later.

DrEsqueleto #19 Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21268 battles
  • [DSNL] DSNL

The Löwe has been made worthless by WG. They say it has been buffed a while ago ... But I'm sure of it that there have been changes to it that makes it now a bad tank.

IMHO, NOT WORTH THE MONEY YOU PAY FOR IT.!!! 

Same counts for the medium type 59, it was a great tank but it also has been nerfed to much.

(For both Löwe and Type: Slow as hell / slugish, unreliable relatively low pen low dmg gun, quite unreliable armor.)

Why?

You can't even sidescrape a Jagdtiger or Tiger II, not even when they only can hit you at 25 degrees or less.!!!

Every shot with AP with penetrate and damage you.!!!

Also as tier 8 you get to fight against tier 10's like all other tier 8 tanks. So yeah, it sucks bigtime now. Even loosing credits regularly with this tank. << Thanks to shots that don't pen or bouncing sides (at almost 90 degrees) and such. 

Also for a "accurate" gun it does miss more shots than for example my IS-3.!

So go for the Skorpion G for now, as it's at least twice as strong as the Löwe nowadays.

Tipperty #20 Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:44 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19027 battles

View Postdeivio82, on 02 April 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

Erm......Okay.

Skorpion G is good for relocating, but takes a little bit of knowledge to get the full effect of it. You view range is bad, your armour is, well it doesn't have armour, but it's gun is great and if you pay attention to the minimap, you will be rewarded. Sixth sence is a must for this tank and this tank is not really new player friendly. I mean sure, you can earn in this tank just hitting the battle button, but to get them most of it, you will need to know maps and positions well.

Lowe is a fairly new player friendly, especially after the buff it got. It can be great at sidescraping and hull down, but it has weakness, ones you can cover up. The cupola and turret ring is you main problem hull down, so don't expose more turret than you have to. Also your turret checks can be penned if you slightly angle them in high tier games, becareful of that. When sidescraping, the tank has little love handles and will be penned easily. The gun is good, not great, 320 alpha for 12 secs reload, but pen is good, especially if you hit the forbidden 2 key. Just don't get caught isolated.

Also tagged with premium tanks, Lowe, Skorpion G

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users