Tips for getting consistant damage when team win 15-0 or loose 0-15

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

MrTatty_Bojangles #1 Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4089 battles
It's been 4 day bank holiday weekend in uk and i've been on weird run of games either winning 15-0 or loosing 0-15 just wondered how better players manage to do consistant damage it those type of matches

Cuck0osNest #2 Posted 02 April 2018 - 12:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6584 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA

15 - 0 means all stages of battle is lost.

1st stage is 5-0, 5-5 or 0-5 . In this stage allied tank do or not perform gate opening, bush engaging, key spots are being taken by heavy tanks and counterattacks/ambushes from tank destroyers  are being set up. Something isnt right? - you ll probably will lose or even win this stage. Just dont worry keep firing, exchanging and killing tanks.

2nd stage is 10-6 ,10-10 or 0-10. If you loose 1st and this stage your battle is probably lost. This stage is main and key stage of all battle, it has major affection on battle will be lost or won.  In this stage you must directly partycipate in destroying any enemy tanks possible becouse you know it is hard to carry 0-10 in next 3rd stage.

3rd stage is 15-15 , 15-0 or 0-15. This is most interesting stage of battle. Just be patient somehow and battle on till this stage. Only worst and best players survive till now. And thats where total chaos and game knowledge is happens.

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 02 April 2018 - 12:52 PM.

Bad_Mojo_incoming #3 Posted 02 April 2018 - 02:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19397 battles
  • [THIK] THIK

View PostMrTatty_Bojangles, on 02 April 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

It's been 4 day bank holiday weekend in uk and i've been on weird run of games either winning 15-0 or loosing 0-15 just wondered how better players manage to do consistant damage it those type of matches

There are no universal methods, but here are a few tips:

We use our teammates as meat shields, and their wrecks as cover, that's about as much we can do when we are looking at a 0-15. Take up a last stand position where you can minimize the directions of enemy fire, so you can maximize the shots you can take before you are overwhelmed. In this case, load gold ammo to ensure highest chance of damaging shots.

In case of a 15-0, well, that depends. The best, I think is to be close to the charge leader, but never be the 1st or the 2nd tank, be the third. Same tactic let your overzealous teammates take hits from hiding tanks.

Always watch your minimap to see what tanks have been spotted, to figure out what could be lurking around the next corner. Try to think what a 'smart' enemy would do.

MrTatty_Bojangles #4 Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4089 battles
Thanks for tips

PauI #5 Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24542 battles
  • [BV-S] BV-S
XVM dude is the best tool to use, u can see both teams skill and make a prediction how will the game develop

MrTatty_Bojangles #6 Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4089 battles

View PostPauI, on 02 April 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

XVM dude is the best tool to use, u can see both teams skill and make a prediction how will the game develop

Never used it but  allready dislike it because of toxic comments at start of games, Dont want to be 1 of those players who call team tomatoes and then sit in base all game giving even less chance to win just wanted to improve consistency is my faster games

HaZardeur #7 Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 33257 battles
Good players realize pretty fast when flanks are crumbling and fall back... bad players stay and get farmed.

Steve8066 #8 Posted 02 April 2018 - 03:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9685 battles

View PostMrTatty_Bojangles, on 02 April 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

when you lose 15-0 you cant get consistent damage, thats why youve lost 15-0.

deivio82 #9 Posted 02 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 45417 battles
  • [LT-UK] LT-UK
i abort the mission and leave the game.  

HassenderZerhacker #10 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23559 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

games lost and games won 0-15 or 15-0 are both challenging for slow tanks or for TDs because they can't get damage before the allied or enemy statpadders in their fast tanks kill everyone. 

essentially, such a steamroll is often the result of a successful lemming train. you can never predict the outcome of stupid vs. stupid.

one way to be more consistent in damage in such games is to drive a mobile tank that can change position quickly.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 03 April 2018 - 12:10 AM.

K_A #11 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:13 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13567 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If you want to really just farm damage, only play fast tanks so you can relocate when you see your flank is crumbling. Key here is you need to be good enough to see when your flank is crumbling and get your a$$ into gear well before that happens, though. Then you can just fall back, take shots, fall back, take shots until everyone else is dead and you can take your last shots before dying and looking good as the only guy on your team who did any damage even though in reality you did nothing at any point that actually would have helped your team to actually win the game. 

Also if your team is winning 15-0 a fast tank will allow you to get ahead of your friendlies and farm on at least those last couple enemies before anyone else gets there, so again more damage for you even if it did diddly squat in assisting your team in winning.

/tl;dr play fast tanks, ignore your team, play farming simulator 2017

LordMuffin #12 Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:09 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSteve8066, on 02 April 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

when you lose 15-0 you cant get consistent damage, thats why youve lost 15-0.

You can get consistent damage even in those games.

Aikl #13 Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:48 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMrTatty_Bojangles, on 02 April 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

Never used it but  allready dislike it because of toxic comments at start of games, Dont want to be 1 of those players who call team tomatoes and then sit in base all game giving even less chance to win just wanted to improve consistency is my faster games

Most players are not consistent enough for their stats to matter that much. Of course, having stats available means you can predict games with greater accuracy, but it might be time better spent on thinking where to go and what to do. I use a statistics mod myself, but it's mainly for entertainment purposes. Not for figuring out how aggressive I'm gonna play.

There's one mod that can be rather helpful, however: Team HP bars. It's very effective, since many players choose to withdraw after getting heavily damaged. Battles can still turn fast, but if your team is down 2-3k HP you know ahead of schedule what might happen. That will help you figure out when you have to take appropiate measures for getting damage in, and is a minimal distraction - one click glance tells you a lot. Basically checking the rearview mirror once in a while instead of taking out the map at the start of the journey.

Edited by Aikl, 03 April 2018 - 01:49 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #14 Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45000 battles

View PostAikl, on 03 April 2018 - 02:48 AM, said:

Most players are not consistent enough for their stats to matter that much. Of course, having stats available means you can predict games with greater accuracy, but it might be time better spent on thinking where to go and what to do. I use a statistics mod myself, but it's mainly for entertainment purposes. Not for figuring out how aggressive I'm gonna play.

There's one mod that can be rather helpful, however: Team HP bars. It's very effective, since many players choose to withdraw after getting heavily damaged. Battles can still turn fast, but if your team is down 2-3k HP you know ahead of schedule what might happen. That will help you figure out when you have to take appropiate measures for getting damage in, and is a minimal distraction - one click glance tells you a lot. Basically checking the rearview mirror once in a while instead of taking out the map at the start of the journey.

Did you notice it doesn't update tank's hp beyond the draw/render range or it is just me?

Temid23 #15 Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50838 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

This is how you program yourself to lose game dont do it...

Always play for the win and try to do dmg where it really matters :great:

HassenderZerhacker #16 Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23559 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 03 April 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:

Did you notice it doesn't update tank's hp beyond the draw/render range or it is just me?

not just you ... on my minimap mod, HP circles also don't update until I come closer

hammer45 #17 Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:59 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 35742 battles
  • [A_MOC] A_MOC
Get use to it !

thestaggy #18 Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14740 battles

I disagree.

Unicums can and will have bad games. Tomatoes can and will have good games. XVM also doesn't paint a current picture of a player's skill level. A green player may actually be playing at unicum levels recently and he may play way above the level you expect him/her to.

My opinion; watch the map. If you see a flank collapsing, fall back. Don't be a hero and try and plug it, rather fall back to a defensive position and get as much damage in as possible. If you see a hole in the enemy's lines and they are heavily engaged, rush it and you can find yourself in a position to hit them in the side or rear for some ''free'' damage. 

Save your HP as well. This doesn't mean hide at the back, just don't throw your tank away and don't be greedy for damage. Having HP at the end means you can take a hit or two forcing your way in to a strong position. Or you can just rush a tank at the end and out trade him, like rushing a lone heavy in your medium/light and circling it to death.

If my team is lemmingtraining I try and take advantage of it by not sitting in the train but by going around it. Use it is a distraction. Sitting in the train means getting blocked and competing for damage. Using the train as bait and meatshields means you get to shoot people in their tender and unprotected booties. Ofc sometimes they will all turn around and focus you because one wild tank to their rear scares them more than the 6 tanks in front of them. You also have to watch out for the redliners and bush campers that may be sitting way in the back.

If we lose the hill on Malinovka, I fall back and kemp bush. No point in dying with everyone else if I can fall back and get 3/4/5 more shots of damage in.

And most importantly, don't play slow tanks. They struggle to relocate; exploit gaps and take part in clean-up operations once a flank is won. If a flank collapses and you are in an E75, you are done and if you win a flank, you probably won't fire your gun agains as faster heavies, mediums and lights will race off and get all the clean-up damage. However, if you are in a T50 or 430, you can run away if a flank collapses and fight another day; exploit opportunities and be among the first tanks to dig out arty and/or flank the campers and static TDs for some damage farming.

Edited by thestaggy, 03 April 2018 - 08:35 AM.

PauI #19 Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24542 battles
  • [BV-S] BV-S

View PostMrTatty_Bojangles, on 02 April 2018 - 02:22 PM, said:

you do not have to smack local u know...or you can just do it as you did it untill now....for me it works

View Postthestaggy, on 03 April 2018 - 07:08 AM, said:

I disagree.

Unicums can and will have bad games. Tomatoes can and will have good games. XVM also doesn't paint a current picture of a player's skill level. A green player may actually be playing at unicum levels recently and he may play way above the level you expect him/her to.

of course unicums can have bad games and noob players good games. It is all probability and math, seeing the stats gives u more information to take tactical decisions

View PostTemid23, on 03 April 2018 - 01:17 AM, said:

This is how you program yourself to lose game dont do it...

Always play for the win and try to do dmg where it really matters

:)) dude any information about the "enemy" gives you more chance of winning,like i said is all math and probability, imagine in real world refusing to use intel about enemy because "you program yourself to lose" :))

like i said for me works great, if you think having less info gives you more chance to win then you could take it a step further, remove all pannels and play without any information (minimap, shells, etc) and "Always play for the win and try to do dmg where it really matters" see how it goes :P

good luck to all whatever decision u take

PS: actually I do not use XVM because it consumes resources, I use a json script that does the exact same thing without installing XVM

Edited by PauI, 03 April 2018 - 08:35 AM.

Aikl #20 Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 03 April 2018 - 01:07 AM, said:

Just how it works. Iffy, but if you're out of render you probably aren't in a dangerous position.

The XVM-based variant may be able to share info between clients.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users