Tank drive or turn by itself.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

jurys2014 #1 Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34910 battles
Problem with this is old like long I play this game, from 2014. When you drive and want to stop, you stop pressing the button, and sometime the tank is driven by itself. This happen with the direction too. In the past I did read the post saying that the problem is with the connections. It is false. I did play on so many computers, on different connections and this is happen again and again. This has nothing to do with internet connections, because when the tank is driven or turning by itself to stop you have to kick the button for drive or turning again with direction it is turning or driving. Pressing opposite button only stop itself turning or driving for the time of the pressed button, when you relies the opposite button it's start going by itself. Because of that I did loose a lot of games. WOT did not want to acknowledge this problem with they software and for years did nothing to fix this problem.    

Steve8066 #2 Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12967 battles
when it happens to me a quick look at top left shows my ping going up and down like a tarts knickers.

jurys2014 #3 Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34910 battles
It has nothing to do with connection. My ping is stable and this happen. When you lose connection for microseconds it look different. Screen is changing and movements is jumping and your vizier is stop moving. With problem I do point it is not happen. And when you don't stop by button it is turning around all the time. 

NoobySkooby #4 Posted 03 April 2018 - 02:59 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15075 battles
Can they shoot and kill the enemy by themselves too, if so i so want one, lol:D

Jigabachi #5 Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:15 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Show us a replay.
Given that other people only experience that when they have a laggy connection, it seems to be a local problem.

clanmcwood #6 Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22156 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View PostJigabachi, on 03 April 2018 - 08:15 AM, said:

Show us a replay.
Given that other people only experience that when they have a laggy connection, it seems to be a local problem.

Whats a replay going to prove as most of the time the game lag indicator doesn't so any problem and a replay will show a tank driving erratically, not sure how we will know if this is a lag problem or normal play from many on here :trollface:

Cobra6 #7 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16344 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Are you sure it's not connected to this issue?

Cobra 6

OIias_of_Sunhillow #8 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:26 AM

Major

• Player
  • 24853 battles

View PostSteve8066, on 02 April 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

when it happens to me a quick look at top left shows my ping going up and down like a tarts knickers.

'Going up and down like a whore's drawers', was the preferred version in our house.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67385 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postjurys2014, on 02 April 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

I did play on so many computers, on different connections and this is happen again and again.
WOT did not want to acknowledge this problem with they software and for years did nothing to fix this problem.    

Could be because it's not something to do with the software. If it was, more would have such issues. But if it's the same for other PC you have tested on. I'm willing to guess it's a local issue. As in how your traffic is directed to the WG server. If one of those is not 100%. You get this.

Movement is not done via your client. So it's not a software issue. You pressing the W key has to go to the WG server first and then back to you again. If anything between you and WG is messing the data up. You will notice it. And get input delays.

View Postjurys2014, on 02 April 2018 - 07:28 PM, said:

My ping is stable and this happen.

Stable? As in stable on 200+ or at 40 ish. If the ping is 100+, then it will explain it. As again, you don't move until the server says so. The bigger the ping, the bigger the delay. And if the ping is below 50, it could be other issues. Ping is only to one part of the server. Not everything "login iirc". Even if that is at 50, the light can still be red next to it. Indicating packet loss. That can cause delay on your input to name one.

If you have sub 50 ping and still have it. Run a ping plotter trace to the server you play on. I suspect you will find the cause of it there.

Somnorila #10 Posted 03 April 2018 - 01:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55990 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

It happened to me a few times but every time it was a connection problem. 

If this is happening to you every time all the time but other sites and whatever work just fine it may be a hardware issue, like not enough processing power. But if it happens only some times then i'm willing to bet that it's a connection issue. You can take notes when it happens, at what hours, and take it from there find if it's an ISP problem or an internal network problem. When it happened to me, there was an issue or some maintenance on the network and the usual path to the server was offline. So i got to the WoT servers through a different path, a slower one that gave me higher ping. 

You say that you tried it on different machines but you didn't say if on different networks, from all i know you may live in a college dorm and tried the game on different PC's from the same network. That's why you should take note at what time the issue appears, maybe someone is torrenting or streaming a movie or whatever else at that time. Usually, on residential networks, your speeds are not guaranteed. The ones advertised. So in the evenings, during holidays and whatnot, you should expect that the network bandwidth will get more busy and thus your connections may suffer.

Edited by Somnorila, 03 April 2018 - 01:07 PM.

jurys2014 #11 Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34910 battles
What ever you will say, after so many years of this events I know that this is poor programming. Server don't check the status of key, only react on push and start operation of movement and to stop it need the relies signal. If in this period of time you loose connection for milliseconds and not receive this is continuing movement in this direction. Even to this absurd that when this happen on your last moment of the game it is continuing on start of next game. Simply the tank starts moving to this direction from last game and no buttons bin pressed. If you never have write any program, you will not understand what I'm saying.    

vasilinhorulezz #12 Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

Probably packet loss, if it happens again check your ping.

Is your internet connection stable?

Homer_J #13 Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postclanmcwood, on 03 April 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

Whats a replay going to prove as most of the time the game lag indicator doesn't 

I find the lag indicator isn't all that reliable.  I've had a complete loss of internet and the lag indicator has stayed green and ping has stayed low but oddly frozen instead of fluctuating.

I think that unless you get something back from the server it has no idea what to display.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users