GRAND BATTLE ROYAL

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: GRAND BATTLE ROYAL (73 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you want GRAND BATTLE ROYAL as permanent mode in WOT.

1. yes (37 votes [50.68%])

Percentage of vote: 50.68%

2. no (14 votes [19.18%])

Percentage of vote: 19.18%

3. i didnt play that mode (22 votes [30.14%])

Percentage of vote: 30.14%

Vote Hide poll

deivio82 #1 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 48124 battles
  • [LDTO] LDTO
LETS VOTE.

Dava_117 #2 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:27 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19424 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It may be a fun mode to remove stress from grinding. I think it should get optimized and stay.

unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:34 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18099 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

I didnt play that mode. 

I suspect that for many players it was fun, a diversion from the usual WoT, but Its not something that I am any good at so it doesnt appeal. 

I hope those who played it, enjoyed it, and that it was successful. 

Who knows, if it is made available in the future, I might get tempted to dip my toe in the water, but I wouldnt want it to take over as the main mode in the game. 

Good for WG for trying to add a little variety to the game. 

fanta_freake #4 Posted 03 April 2018 - 10:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30101 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

I know that alot of people think, that its just another battle royale. 

But for me atleast, i like some variety to this awesome game.

To play the tanks i like, in a new game mode was alot of fun, and i hope it will stay.

Atleast, thats my opinion. And if you dont wanna play "yet" another battle royale, then dont. I dont see why so many are upset about this.

arthurwellsley #5 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51737 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I downloaded the client and played it.

I voted no.

It needs a huge amount of work on it before it would be ready for general use.

I believe WG could more usefully spend that time on other matters (game balance, new lines, crew perk over haul, pref mm tanks to name just a few).

I actually enjoyed the Historical Battle mode more than the Grand Battle Royal, and the Historical Battle mode failed due to being released half cooked and not being well balanced.

I would therefore prefer WG to re-work Historical Battle mode before Grand Battle Royal but I guess that will never happen.

I would also like to see Grand Battle (30x30) team battles for tier IX, and another Grand Battle map, before they mess around with the Royal pvp free for all version.

HundeWurst #6 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 69735 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

I can never hurt to add more modes BUT...

Do we really need that? I feel like WG is just trying to board the hypetrain BR games are getting right now.

I would not mind such a mode at all if the standard randoms would be in an alright state, what they are not. I feel like the game has to many issues right now than to focus of adding more and new things.

What I also dont get is why suddenly every game needs a BR mode. WoT got so huge with the formula they are running right now. 15vs15 no respawn.

I think WoT would be far more successfull if WG would finally start to adress at least some of the bigger issues players still have with the game.

PS: By the looks of it its going to be just another failmode anyway, like all the things WG made. Its gonna be a half finished not thought through mode with plenty of either bugs or undesirable "features", like all the other modes. Also does the average WoT player, the "daddy" want to have such a mode? I really dont feel like thats the case. And the people who might be interested, are most likely even more interested in fixing or adressing all the issues people have with the current game state.

Edited by WunderWurst, 03 April 2018 - 11:58 AM.

OneSock #7 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34866 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Of the various modes we've seen over the years this is certainly the best to date. It needs polish though and I think a few changes.

What I liked about it was that it's fast paced and has no consequences. No stats, no rewards in your regular account etc. You can just blow off some steam without any stress.

What I didn't like about it was success mostly down to luck of being near a good red upgrade point. if you don't spawn near one, you will likely either die in the first minute or two, or you can survive till the end by avoiding people but ultimately you have to fight it out with the upgraded HTs and MTs. There needs to be some more random drops for upgrading the tank (red upgrades). also the blue upgrades should be more dispersed on the map and not just drop in the middle all the time.

brumbarr #8 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38626 battles

View PostOneSock, on 03 April 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

Of the various modes we've seen over the years this is certainly the best to date. It needs polish though and I think a few changes.

What I liked about it was that it's fast paced and has no consequences. No stats, no rewards in your regular account etc. You can just blow off some steam without any stress.

And that is exactly why i think it will fail, just like all new gamemodes before. There is no reason to play the gamemode, this is a grind based game, unlike all other games with BR,  not playing tanks you grinded towards and customized or tank you want to grind and basicly getting no progress in your overal game made all other gamemodes fail and this one aswell.  People will play a couple of battles, get bored of it and realise there is nothing to be gained by playing it and go back to randoms. 

This gamemode is not what wot is about, its not what makes wot special. 

Balc0ra #9 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66256 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

No thx.. I'm good. No need for every game in the world to jump on the Royal band wagon like most did with Zombies.... that some still do.

And it was their main April Fools joke. So don't count on it

Edited by Balc0ra, 03 April 2018 - 12:22 PM.

Igor_BL #10 Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39530 battles
  • [GX] GX

I dont think it will survive too long.
It looks kinda fun but thats about it... If it is one month event, twice a year... meaby.
With more then decent rewards.

Somehow, i doubt it, so this mod will probably fail as majority of previous ones.

Also, i really think we have a lot bigger problems in this game then this mod. We dont need it at all.

I feel WG spend their time, energy and resources on things that dont matter the most.

Edited by Igor_BL, 03 April 2018 - 12:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users