why target attack block rage

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

EnzoGrim #1 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3297 battles

What is going on? 

This didn't happen the first time either. I was playing with my Pz. Jag 1 on Mines and got to a position quite early. I start to snipe when I got hit be a teammate... no big deal at first. Then I got hit again. I exit the sniper mode and then i saw it, two teammates , one M2 Light and one BT2, started ramming me so I could not shot anymore. They even turned me around and continued to attack me. I was pretty tired at that point, so i started shooting them. At that time they were ramming me for a minute or two at least . I got banned for an hour for that. I am not mad about the ban , i deserved it, but what is with players ramming their teammates? Does it happen often overall ? 

The thing is , they were two, so they had to communicate and picked me as their target on purpose... and that is quite sick . 

pucku #2 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30643 battles
  • [RAF-H] RAF-H
It happens, but very rarely. Never intentionally shoot a team mate, unless they have turned blue. You did exactly what they wanted you to do. If they are persistent like this then take a toilet brake or get something to drink. There's nothing you can do in game. You can send the replay to WG after the game.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66239 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
It's low tiers. Most there don't really play the game to play it as such. So there you can expect it more often then higher up. As that's what trolls want. Get you mad, get you banned so they can pick on someone else. As there is a system to monitor team damage, there is none for pushing and blocking. Just ignore them, don't even type in chat, don't even feed them. And they will get bored and go away. They need attention. You gave it to them.

EnzoGrim #4 Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3297 battles

View Postpucku, on 03 April 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

It happens, but very rarely. Never intentionally shoot a team mate, unless they have turned blue. You did exactly what they wanted you to do. If they are persistent like this then take a toilet brake or get something to drink. There's nothing you can do in game. You can send the replay to WG after the game.

Yeah i know that i did wrong by shooting them and I accept it. I was tired / but on a roll at that time, killing six on both previous games, and I wanted to continue that.  

Spurtung #5 Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:19 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63581 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postpucku, on 04 April 2018 - 12:47 AM, said:

And then get told to use the in-game report for unsportsmanship? Yeah, that clearly has been working since never.

TheComfyChair #6 Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7575 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It's a pain in the hoofed mammal of the horse family but these idiots set out to get you to shoot them so they can laugh at you getting banned. No logic just idiots so you can either ignore them or shoot back. WG don't seem to care so just hope they damage you and you get the minor consolation of a bit of compensation.

IncandescentGerbil #7 Posted 04 April 2018 - 12:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
It's high tiers too. Saw a glorious 53% reroll in his Type 5 kill our Batchat earlier, because "it's fun". He then drowned himself in the Lakeville lake.

Chuwt #8 Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25801 battles

There is always the odd total idiot, it is just a sad fact of online games. The only thing to do is to respond clever, or not respond at all...either will tend to spoil their "fun", and that is the only reason they do it. Often, you are the victim not for what you have done or not done, but because of things that happened in previous games...normally their bad play, that they then blame on lack of support, "camping" or whatever they think.

snowlywhite #9 Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:40 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16025 battles

seems to happen once every... dunno, usually ~0.75% of the games. Tier is totally irrelevant. Since 1.0, it's much worse; happens twice as often(over 1.5% of the games).

Last 2 days(~150 games):

- got killed by a tier 9 at tier 8. Shot twice. Guy didn't say anything, so no clue what was his problem. Saved his butt from an e3; we took 3 guys out, we ended up both being one shot(I was 1 shot because he previously shot me for ~30% of my hp). We shared hp; I wasn't a [edited]. Finishes me, doesn't say anything. We lose 13 - 15.

- got killed by a retarded arty because "I don't spot". Ok, that guy clearly had issues; 33k games, 12k with a birch gun. So... dunno, he probably yolos his light in the 1st min of the game and dies(I was also low tier).

- a guy kills our arty and doesn't say anything. We lose 14 - 15. On map that needs arty(arctic region - mannerheim now).

- a guy moaning in chat for 5 mins that I didn't support him. He didn't kill me as he died first 3 mins. I'm sure he would if he could. But since we were both tier 8 and he wanted to push in a 705a + type4 + shitbarn with only a half hp 113... he obviously didn't have the chance to kill me. At least we won that game.

honestly, it seems like a bad moment to play. Lotsa people probably getting back/starting etc. with 1.0. So expect weird crap and generally horrid games.

It's been bad for about 2 weeks, probably it'll still be like this for a while.

mateyflip #10 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:04 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 31654 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-

Either move away if you can or just go and make a nice warm drink, but never shoot back!

Once I had some merchant banker blocking my arty's barrel. I didn't fire a shot in that game and our side lost arty cover. Although to be perfectly honest it was prolly blessing knowing my poor arty skills.

Mateyflip

wsatnutter #11 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24935 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

." I was pretty tired at that point, so i started shooting them. At that time they were ramming me for a minute or two at least . I got banned for an hour for that. I am not mad about the ban , i deserved it,"

don't shoot greens

Captain_Kremen0 #12 Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37243 battles

As previously stated in the hundred odd previous threads on the subject a workable human based report system would be too expensive for WG to even consider providing so we are not going to get a new system any time soon. Fortunately TK is quite rare (unless you really are doing something to regularly annoy your team-mates) so sometimes you have to just ignore the trolls and do something else.

But don't shoot back unless  you are willing to take the consequences.

To get a ban though this isn't a one off, you must like the consequences.

Hendrik3 #13 Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:18 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2766 battles
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK
Yeah, this happens from time to time. Fookin' brats get bored and decide to bully a player into a rage. Nothing personal, they just picked you because you're in a lightweight tank.

Just go about your business, perhaps lure them into being spotted and shot. These guys aren't playing the game at that point, they're just trolling - which is apparently funny to some people.

Scorilo #14 Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4283 battles

Never happened to me yet but yesterday i was in my stock T54 and doing/taking damage in the front line behind a wreck and all of a sudden a wild E50M pushed me from behind and slide in front of an angry Conqueror.

Stupid ppl happen.

Also heavies that come in your back like some angry inmates and dont move, blocking you in front of the enemy and they dont care.

Excavatus #15 Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSpurtung, on 04 April 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

And then get told to use the in-game report for unsportsmanship? Yeah, that clearly has been working since never.

Yep send the replay to the support.

They changed their approach to the subject.

I've seen this topic. Had a similar experience on last weekend.

share it on a new topic.

check it.

http://forum.worldof...ing-to-support/

Basically support said,

sorry, you are right, we punished them according to your replay.

Scorilo #16 Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:58 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4283 battles

View PostExcavatus, on 04 April 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

Yep send the replay to the support.

They changed their approach to the subject.

I've seen this topic. Had a similar experience on last weekend.

share it on a new topic.

check it.

http://forum.worldof...ing-to-support/

Basically support said,

sorry, you are right, we punished them according to your replay.

So you're telling me that support actually does something about this behaviour? :sceptic:

Edited by Scorilo, 04 April 2018 - 08:58 AM.

Excavatus #17 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostScorilo, on 04 April 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

So you're telling me that support actually does something about this behaviour? :sceptic:

Yep.

at least they said they did.

and that was not an automated ready to send response I've got from a rep.

He started by apologizing for responding late

then said "We watched the replay and decided that you are right in your case. Appropriate punishment has been done. But we cannot discuss because of policiy bla bla bla! we are very sorry you experienced this. etc etc."

EnzoGrim #18 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3297 battles

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 04 April 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

It's high tiers too. Saw a glorious 53% reroll in his Type 5 kill our Batchat earlier, because "it's fun". He then drowned himself in the Lakeville lake.

Haha... well thats something I guess. Thats the thing I never understood  about some palyers... when I'm angry about the game , I quit, I don't go around killing teammates for the lols, thats just stupid. 

Aikl #19 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25530 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostEnzoGrim, on 03 April 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

(...)

One could easily confuse you for a sealclubbing reroll. Don't really give a damn (mainly because I avoid low tiers like the plague), but that might be one reason why they're singling you out. Or it's just by chance because you can't run away from them.

Anyway, trolls really hate people that don't react. Leave the computer or exit the game (Alt+F4 shouldn't give you any trouble, at least once or twice).

View PostScorilo, on 04 April 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

Doubtful; strictly speaking you don't necessarily get a ban for a teamkill either - which is guaranteed to ruin a whole match. I'm guessing the (claimed to be) punished players are repeat offenders of sorts. Maybe down to the karma system, as they apparently want replays to be 'fresh'. That's a likely reason why some get a thumbs-down from support (alternatively they're deemed to provoke each other).

On a related note, I thought you could still find banned players? There's a chance that support changes their nicknames, seen a few 'renamed_users' and 'check_your_mail' recently.

Edited by Aikl, 04 April 2018 - 09:22 AM.

EnzoGrim #20 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3297 battles

View Postsnowlywhite, on 04 April 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

seems to happen once every... dunno, usually ~0.75% of the games. Tier is totally irrelevant. Since 1.0, it's much worse; happens twice as often(over 1.5% of the games).

Last 2 days(~150 games):

- got killed by a tier 9 at tier 8. Shot twice. Guy didn't say anything, so no clue what was his problem. Saved his butt from an e3; we took 3 guys out, we ended up both being one shot(I was 1 shot because he previously shot me for ~30% of my hp). We shared hp; I wasn't a [edited]. Finishes me, doesn't say anything. We lose 13 - 15.

- got killed by a retarded arty because "I don't spot". Ok, that guy clearly had issues; 33k games, 12k with a birch gun. So... dunno, he probably yolos his light in the 1st min of the game and dies(I was also low tier).

- a guy kills our arty and doesn't say anything. We lose 14 - 15. On map that needs arty(arctic region - mannerheim now).

- a guy moaning in chat for 5 mins that I didn't support him. He didn't kill me as he died first 3 mins. I'm sure he would if he could. But since we were both tier 8 and he wanted to push in a 705a + type4 + shitbarn with only a half hp 113... he obviously didn't have the chance to kill me. At least we won that game.

honestly, it seems like a bad moment to play. Lotsa people probably getting back/starting etc. with 1.0. So expect weird crap and generally horrid games.

It's been bad for about 2 weeks, probably it'll still be like this for a while.

Yeah I noticed that the game is a bit crazy lately. I play at low tiers right now things like this didn't happen last year. Im talking about light tanks, usually M2 Lights, T2 Lights, BT2 and some more just tackle each other at the centre of the map killing each other in the fist few seconds of the game, many times resulting in a 5:5 score in the first minute or so. Thats just crazy and so weird. I hate this kind of play, it doesen't help anyone. It just ruins the game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users