Faulty Pen Indicator - Remaining Green

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Faulty Pen Indicator (12 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are you having issues with your pen indicator?

1. Yes (8 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No (4 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Hide poll

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22112 battles

Hi guys,

I hope this hasn't already been reported and a known fault but there is a fault with the pen indicator on my aiming reticle. It should only turn green when I am aiming at a tank and aiming at a spot I can pen right? Well for the last week the pen indicator randomly remains green for long periods during a battle after that first initial hover over a weak spot, even after the enemy tank is gone or destroyed and I my gun is pointing at nothing but terrain etc, it remains green and stays green for random amounts of time.

This is very off-putting when I am trying to shoot a part of a tank that is mostly covered by terrain or a building and behind bushes when I cannot actually see the visual image of a tank but just the red outline, it gives me the impression I am finding a part of his tank to shoot when actually I am not, I am just shooting the hill or whatever the cover is. It resets randomly and stays green for a short while or a long while. Is this a known problem and is anyone else having this issue, is there anything to cure it?

Edited by TungstenHitman, 04 April 2018 - 09:51 AM.

K_A #2 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Never used the indicator so I wouldn't know.. My pen indicator is my own judgement on whether or not I should pen the part I'm trying to aim at, not an in-game indicator.

Geno1isme #3 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42587 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Pen indicator was on the "known issues" for the entire 1.0 common test. So no surprise if it's still not working reliably.

PervyPastryPuffer #4 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30995 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
Oh I know that bug, it's not new in 1.0 though, it was there a few patches ago. When I've killed a tank, the pen marker sometimes remains green, I've figured out if I switch from sniper mode to 3rd person view, be it with the mouse scroll or shift, it resets to normal. Doesn't bother me at all tbh.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 04 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22112 battles

View PostK_A, on 04 April 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

Never used the indicator so I wouldn't know.. My pen indicator is my own judgement on whether or not I should pen the part I'm trying to aim at, not an in-game indicator.

Nah it can be handy when the arse of a light tank or TD is poking just a couple of pixels out from behind cover or the roof of an IS3 that thinks he has it covered etc. It lets me know if I can clip those pixels for some kinds RNG or try a HE or something like that and the pen indicator is something I have always used and is almost like second nature to my playstyle I am very accustomed to and sensitive to any change so it's disruptive and distracting... it's not killing me but I'd like if it was working again too, if it's just something I can adjust maybe in settings, I don't know.

UrQuan #6 Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:02 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19433 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If this is true, it could explain some dumb (repeated) shooting I experienced the past two days in my armored heavies. People relying too much on what the game tells m. Pen indicator never has been fully reliable tho. (albeit in the patch period before 1.0 it was quite reliable, only failing for special cases & most spaced armor)

Never payed much attention to the pen indicator honestly, I mostly know when shots pen or not, only on some new armored tanks I rely on it more & it generally is fine. 

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 04 April 2018 - 10:44 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22112 battles

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 04 April 2018 - 08:54 AM, said:

I've figured out if I switch from sniper mode to 3rd person view, be it with the mouse scroll or shift, it resets to normal. Doesn't bother me at all tbh.

That's great, thanks! I'll try it later on when I play this evening. Maybe WG devs will take a look at it some time soon enough so we don't have to do that. It's like compensating for a shot on a warped snooker table, It works but it's not how it should be!! :)

vasilinhorulezz #8 Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

Yea, it's still dodgy sometimes. 

Still, most of the times you pretty much know if you'll pen or not,

despite what it's showing.

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 04 April 2018 - 11:19 AM.

ramram70 #9 Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8495 battles
I don't have issues with it because I never look at its color anyway. Maybe I should...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users