Paris = Going AFK

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

_Iwasawa_ #1 Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:32 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [PAYNE] PAYNE

I dont even bother trying this tubeshitmap anymore. I often play light armored vehicles and when i get to paris map, i just afk, or alt+tab.

I know i COULD do something but im just far too tired anymore, its so [edited]struggle to do anything on a map designed for [edited]heavy tanks. 

Negativvv #2 Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9611 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Lel I understand the rage but you must at least try.

Whenever I'm on a roll in my LTs I'll get Paris to cut me down... Spot the park and fight the middle bit I guess?

_Iwasawa_ #3 Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [PAYNE] PAYNE

View PostNegativvv, on 04 April 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

Whenever I'm on a roll in my LTs I'll get Paris to cut me down... Spot the park and fight the middle bit I guess?

Well spotting the park is one option, but since the new 'if you move you lose all your camo' mechanism. All you can do is camp in the bush(if you are anything else than a light tank) So, basically driving there and going afk... Because if you move or shoot, you'll end up dead, not even speaking about the terrible spotting positions, which are elevated so you cant even do the bush trick to not get spotted... Terrible mapdesign.. and it appears everywhere.

Negativvv #4 Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9611 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

It's even funnier when you get this as a LT or Med T5.

They should have removed Paris in 1.0 or made big changes to it but meh...

Azazel_and_chill #5 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10630 battles
I dont understand the intentions behind this map. Maybe Im just too dumb or something :unsure:

NoobySkooby #6 Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 15128 battles
next to sand river, one of the worst maps in game, i would have preferred if they had left Stalingrad and taken away Paris. Is there any news on any forthcoming maps?

Hendrik3 #7 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2776 battles
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK

View Post_Iwasawa_, on 04 April 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

I dont even bother trying this tubeshitmap anymore. I often play light armored vehicles and when i get to paris map, i just afk, or alt+tab.

I know i COULD do something but im just far too tired anymore, its so [edited]struggle to do anything on a map designed for [edited]heavy tanks. 

I don't like that map at all, but you should always try - if only for the 14 other poor sods on your team stuck in the same situation.

I'm often in that map as bottom tier and I've yet to have a decent game on it - especially in lights or turretless TD's it's utter crap - because the go-to positions are too predictable.
HT's decide the battle in the south - always. 

Ciqala #8 Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26018 battles

Well done for spoiling it for the other 14 players, you would be classed as a noob in my books for not even trying to help.

why play? your even worse then a noob rushing scout who dies in the first 30 seconds for afk out of the game.

Put it this way what annoys you about other players in-game, and they did it on a map that you put some effort into?

Stohne #9 Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28757 battles

Drive 20 meters.

Sit in bush.

(20 minutes later)

Sit in bush.

That crap makes me want to slit my wrists.

Paris is pure torture. They should force prisoners in Guantanamo to play lights and arty on Paris. Worse than waterboarding.

Homer_J #10 Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29728 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_Iwasawa_, on 04 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

Well spotting the park is one option, but since the new 'if you move you lose all your camo' mechanism. 

There is no new mechanism.

Every tank still has 3 states: stationary, moving, firing.  And for lights the first two are the same.

Negativvv #11 Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9611 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

This ALWAYS comes up when I'm on an LT roll...

I can only imagine that the day I'm about to 3 mark a T8 LT this map will come up with a special T10 Superheavy HT MM just to sink me :trollface:

HidesHisFace #12 Posted 04 May 2018 - 01:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17975 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 04 April 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

No, you do NOT "must".

Games are supposed to be fun - when you know in advance you won't have any fun, why should you even care. Seriously, this game needs a map blacklist.

Alezul #13 Posted 09 May 2018 - 10:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39095 battles

View PostHidesHisFace, on 04 May 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

No, you do NOT "must".

Games are supposed to be fun - when you know in advance you won't have any fun, why should you even care. Seriously, this game needs a map blacklist.

Oh man, you took the words right out of my mouth. 

You keep hearing this crap about being selfish for leaving 14 players alone. You know what? That's WG's fault, not the player who is here to have fun. This is not a job, it's a game. Nobody owes anyone anything. Besides, the whole point of the game is to feel good by making other feel bad because you destroyed their tanks. If WG is not capable of making all maps fun for all people, then let us have a way to remove some from rotation.

Hate this map? Go ahead and be afk or suicide scout, i won't hold it against you. The more people do it, the more likely it will be reworked or even removed. "Taking one for the team" won't force them to make the game more fun.

I also can't find much to do on this map if not in armored tanks but i'm still getting used to it. On paper it looks like another ruinberg, which gives everyone something to do. The field on Paris seems like a deathtrap to me though. 

DurkaDurka1 #14 Posted 14 May 2018 - 12:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41266 battles
  • [ORLY] ORLY
Worse map in the rotation, I'd rather play dragons ridge than this 

Exskelibur #15 Posted 11 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5097 battles
  • [TDE50] TDE50
I've had a few good games in an LT in Paris. Good spotting damage in the park, after that some flanking and mopping up in the city.

AzoreanOutkast #16 Posted 11 September 2018 - 06:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9700 battles

Its the sort of map that either u are on a heavy and go south to slug it out, or u are on a TD and camp hard, for that part unbfortenally i camp most of the time with my mediums on it since its not a well fought map and u dont wanna be the guy that goes foward and lide up by all the enemies...

But LT do have a role, especially in the open area, and middle line (streets), since u detect the enemy so the arties and TDs can do their job, may be fustratin but u go AFK u ruin game for all others.

I when im my LT avoid totally the brushes on the high parts, i either go running on open area from side to side spottin ppl or go totally campin on the ditch or bushes near ditch to spot enemies for the artie and TDs and when i feel its safe enough i generally go threw the ditch near river to spot other side, and on middle line u can, and will get some flanking shots on the enemies HT in a perfect spot.

The map suxs, im first to say it, dont like it, preffer others and to see this one removed or reworked, especially since sometimes i seem to get it alot of times, like in every 5 it appears 2 times... Luckily that doesnt happen alot.

Exskelibur #17 Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5097 battles
  • [TDE50] TDE50
Deserters will be shot on site ! ! ! :angry:

masheene #18 Posted 21 October 2018 - 06:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34902 battles
I never thought that Wargaming actually manages to design an even worse map after Mountain Pass. But hey, it's Wargaming. :facepalm:

Qarina #19 Posted 02 November 2018 - 09:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13081 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

Well the way i see it - people tend to hate that map because there are less positions where you can go and feast on inexperienced players who don't know the map or make small mistakes. Just to compare it in most maps there are key positions which once taken by good players, can literally turn the game. In addition, the mobility advantage of fast LTs and MTs are a bit negated. The arty on the other hand still has its role, including hunting enemy arty(Paris is the only map i actually enjoy hunting enemy arty, and I find myself hunted often when i play it).

There are maps which just favour specific type of vehicles. We all had great games in arty in city maps but most likely nobody enjoys playing arty in city maps overall, just like super HT drivers hate open maps with 3 arty in enemy team.

The only unfortunate thing is that apparently in the majority of the cases corridor maps for facerolling defenders are favoured but oh well... It's a problem of the meta, not a problem of the maps.

I wouldn't say Paris is my favourite map, but certainly it's enjoyable. I hate Murowanka but I know it is a good map, especially for LT and great for MT. However, if i could pick one map to never play at, I'd certainly pick it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users