Jump to content


You were Issued a Warning


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

nawarren #1 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 34671 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

Hi,

 

I was playing a game on abbey in my T71, i drove around a corner went up a slight bump and my tank turned over. I was unable to recover it, i had the 30 sec countdown, so i quit the game. Lo and behold once back in the garage i had a message, one and only warning for quitting the game. *edit Wargaming, sort your *edit physics engine out. *edit do u expect me to sit in an upside down tank and watch it self destruct.? What kind of *edit are they that run this company, why don't your programmers invest more time in the physics engine than with stupid *edit warnings. At least put logic in that says if due to your *edit tank physics you end up upside down then at least allow the player to quit the *edit game. Or is this beyond your grasp?

 

 


Edited by Jbnn, 05 April 2018 - 07:53 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


evilchaosmonkey #2 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16539 battles
  • 1,640
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

The same sort of *edit that let *edit like you play and *edit like you post apparently.

 

edit: OP stop acting like a spoilt little brat, grow up and learn some manners.


Edited by Jbnn, 05 April 2018 - 07:54 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


_b_ #3 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 54011 battles
  • 3,756
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011
*edit should he learn manners? WG are *edit when it comes to some issues regarding balancing/maps/MM/ and what not else ...they do nothing but induce rage at times. OP should actually be comended upon not going full tilt at WG :)

Edited by Jbnn, 05 April 2018 - 07:56 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


Thuis001 #4 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5590 battles
  • 386
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-
  • Member since:
    05-29-2015
Yeah, well, the physics are far from perfect, yet so is your language

Homer_J #5 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postnawarren, on 04 April 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

 At least put logic in

 

 

You quit while there was still a chance for your tank to be righted.  Seems logical to me.

Azazel_and_chill #6 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:45 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 9003 battles
  • 38
  • Member since:
    12-16-2015
You really must have a short attention span if lasting 30 seconds in game is too much for you. Try taking some ADHD meds, maybe that will solve your problems.

Schepel #7 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 56929 battles
  • 2,972
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

View Post_b_, on 04 April 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

*edit should he learn manners? WG are *edit when it comes to some issues regarding balancing/maps/MM/ and what not else ...they do nothing but induce rage at times. OP should actually be comended upon not going full tilt at WG :) 

 

For one thing because he is wrong on so many levels it pains me to recount them. First, his own lack of driving skills doesn't justify quitting the game because, conceivably, he could have been saved. Even if that wasn't the case: it isn't so hard to wait till your tank dies. Second, the physics are fine. In fact, real life physics are far more unforgiving. Most of the stupid things people seem to consider 'normal' would ensure a thrown track at the very least, and most of the time see you upside down. Don't drive like a drunk *beep* and control your speed: you won't find your light upside down. Also, slopes matter. Who would have thought? Now that it is firmly established he only has own idiocy to blame, let's have a look at the system that deals with those who quit the game. Is it unfair? Nope, it gives fair warning. You get to do it once, and that is it. If you start a game, 14 others depend on you to do your part in it. If you go AFK, or leave the game, you hurt those 14 others. And no, these others do not solely exist for your pleasure! The OP behaves like a spoiled child with no regards for the consequences of his actions and has the gall to start cursing like a particularly poorly behaved sailor. At the very least he could type his childish nonsense without swearing ever other word.

Edited by Jbnn, 05 April 2018 - 07:57 AM.


Browarszky #8 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 14906 battles
  • 2,790
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
Yes, you should enjoy the show till the end and not rush to get your coat. :bajan:

Shaade_Silentpaw #9 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:57 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 21151 battles
  • 336
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

So you quit the game as soon as you flip, then someone comes and flips you back over while you are in the garage - what then?

The 30 second timer isn't there to just piss you off, it's there to give someone else a chance to help you...even though they'll probably fail and get autobanned for trying.



Erwin_Von_Braun #10 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:10 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36168 battles
  • 3,949
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postnawarren, on 04 April 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Hi,

 

I was playing a game on abbey in my T71, i drove around a corner went up a slight bump and my tank turned over. I was unable to recover it, i had the 30 sec countdown, so i quit the game. Lo and behold once back in the garage i had a message, one and only warning for quitting the game. *edit Wargaming, sort your *edit physics engine out. *edit do u expect me to sit in an upside down tank and watch it self destruct.? What kind of *edit are they that run this company, why don't your programmers invest more time in the physics engine than with stupid *edit warnings. At least put logic in that says if due to your *edit tank physics you end up upside down then at least allow the player to quit the *edit game. Or is this beyond your grasp?

 

I smell a Forum Warning coming on too...

Seriously bud, mods take one look at this and they will take action.


 



_b_ #11 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:13 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 54011 battles
  • 3,756
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011

View PostShaade_Silentpaw, on 04 April 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

So you quit the game as soon as you flip, then someone comes and flips you back over while you are in the garage - what then?

The 30 second timer isn't there to just piss you off, it's there to give someone else a chance to help you...even though they'll probably fail and get autobanned for trying.

 

..a chance... well i've seen it happen and indeed tried to help out ppl myself ...and received it ... BUT the usual stuff is player tips over due to some reason or other .. goes 'help' and player 10m away keeps trying to shoot down the plane circling above the map :/

 

but yeah...autoban also have been observed ... WG do indeed again and again do shoddy programming that is nothing but rage-inducing ... so no wonder OP had a slight tilt :)

 

 

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 04 April 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

 

I smell a Forum Warning coming on too...

Seriously bud, mods take one look at this and they will take action.


 

 

Like they do againt ppl in ...wild example...player in an E75 staying close to base and raging in chat and being *edit about it? But that is in-game and not forum .. so for once you might be correct ...
 

Edited by Jbnn, 05 April 2018 - 08:00 AM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #12 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:20 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36168 battles
  • 3,949
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Post_b_, on 04 April 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

 

Like they do againt ppl in ...wild example...player in an E75 staying close to base and raging in chat and being *edit about it? But that is in-game and not forum .. so for once you might be correct ...

 

Indeed, it is a shame that in-game toxicity isn't dealt with as harshly.

 



250swb #13 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20828 battles
  • 4,603
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015
Those warnings for quitting the battle don't come out of nowhere, they are cumulative like tk bans that surprise players when they drop on them. So players think 'wtf' and imagine WG is ganging up one them without admitting the times they abandoned earlier battles. I know somebody whose internet kept lagging really badly to make the game unplayable, and it took quite a few desertions before he got a warning. 

malachi6 #14 Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:18 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 48655 battles
  • 3,092
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

I have been on my side twice and upside down once.  I even got a kill when on my side. 

 

If you are getting stuck on your side a lot.  I suggest you look at how you are driving around.  If not, then sitting and waiting once in a while should hardly be a chore. You could even go do something else for a  few minutes.  Heaven forbid.



Balc0ra #15 Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:48 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62883 battles
  • 14,471
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Well considering you don't get a warning the first time you quit early, it's not the only time is it?. Either you can't drive, or you leave to often as is for other issues, like a bad team or what ever ppl do it for these days. iirc you get the warning the 3rd time you do it in a short time. It's basically the same as turning blue. So next time you get a short ban if you do it again any time soon.

Edited by Balc0ra, 05 April 2018 - 12:49 AM.


wsatnutter #16 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:55 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 24004 battles
  • 7,035
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
op maybe a moment of calm was called for did you press F7 by any chance before your toys exited the pram ?

Jbnn #17 Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:06 AM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 9003 battles
  • 509
  • [WG_M] WG_M
  • Member since:
    05-23-2017

View Postnawarren, on 04 April 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Hi,

 

I was playing a game on abbey in my T71, i drove around a corner went up a slight bump and my tank turned over. I was unable to recover it, i had the 30 sec countdown, so i quit the game. Lo and behold once back in the garage i had a message, one and only warning for quitting the game. *edit Wargaming, sort your *edit physics engine out. *edit do u expect me to sit in an upside down tank and watch it self destruct.? What kind of *edit are they that run this company, why don't your programmers invest more time in the physics engine than with stupid *edit warnings. At least put logic in that says if due to your *edit tank physics you end up upside down then at least allow the player to quit the *edit game. Or is this beyond your grasp?

 

 


With such a tone and rude remarks, obviously that you wont solve anything. And even your threads will be closed without the slightest hesitation.
 

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 04 April 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

 

Indeed, it is a shame that in-game toxicity isn't dealt with as harshly.

 


I also think that this is pity however, currently we cant be there 24h/d... Lets see in the future if we can solve this.

Have a nice day.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users