Cheating in WoT

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Azazel_and_chill #1 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9957 battles

Hello,

First of all, I want to say that I dont promote cheating in anyway.

But recently I got a Question in regard of cheating: Do cheats really help?

I know that it is an unpopular opinion, but before judging please take a look at this video from 3:35

https://www.youtube....h?v=PkdgOGzKmQM

I would like to hear your opinions regarding this topic!

Kind regards.

Edited by Azazel_and_chill, 04 April 2018 - 05:40 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #2 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47048 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

If you think some bot non-unicum can get 3 marks on the Object 140 with some lasers, reload timers and dumb skins you're delusional.

Also, the last battle on the account was one day after the video got released.

Azazel_and_chill #3 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9957 battles

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 04 April 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

If you think some bot non-unicum can get 3 marks on the Object 140 with some lasers, reload timers and dumb skins you're delusional.

Thats the point. If cheats cannot earn bots 3 marked tier X, do they really help ?

BravelyRanAway #4 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22547 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
Well most of those who promote cheating or accidentally post youtube videos with the cheats on have terrible WR's, even the list that was posted by WG of players who were banned for cheating had terrible WR's.....so I'd say no.

Homer_J #5 Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28698 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAzazel_and_chill, on 04 April 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

Thats the point. If cheats cannot earn bots 3 marked tier X, do they really help ?

Some probably help good players a lot more than bad players because bad players can't process all the information they are already given by the game.

I think the forum already had proof that aimbots don't help bad players. :trollface:

fwhaatpiraat #6 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47048 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

You could have guessed my opinion from my reaction :P

To answer your question, yes and no. If you receive information you would otherwise not have, it gives an unfair advantage, since you would otherwise not have it, right? But in reality, it makes no difference indeed. The fact that players are still accusing others of aimbotting every day, tells what kind of players we're dealing with :)

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 04 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18099 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

In some ways the question really is not about do they help the cheater, but more about, what is the effect on the other players?.

If someone cheats and manages to boost his stats by so doing, does that matter to anyone other than the cheater? What is he gaining?

Deep down he will know that his stats are a false indication of his ability, and one day that will rise to the surface and maybe he will look back with a touch of shame. 

What he is doing is spoiling things for others, the non-cheaters, not by depriving them of better stats, or of any prizes or monetary value, but of ruining that one game in which they had to face the cheater and were outplayed,  ot by his skill, but by a bit of software he was using.

One thing I found interesting was the video streamers comments on the 3 marking of the cheaters tank, pointing out that the figures didnt add up as his stats show he is below even the % required for 1 mark. That, to me, shows the lack of value in MoE, because that award is only an indicator of a players success against other players of that tank during a 14 day period. A month or a year later, that could have changed dramatically, because a mark could be gained on a new tank that few are playing, or an old tank that, again few are playing, and later on, many more players are playing that tank, so the % required is harder to achieve. That is not meant to denigrate anyone who achieves marks, as they worked for them and fully deserve them, but in reality they are a snapshot of a fixed period in time. Like financial investments, your % compared to others can also go down as well as up. 

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37603 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I doubt any number of mods will help that guy - buys an EBay account, struggles, installs banned mods AND THEN STREAMS ON TWITCH!  Probably not your typical cheater.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The cheaters that get caught are most definitely the dumb ones who don't have any clue what they are doing. They download and install some random stuff from random sites and expect to become unicorns.

But if you have a basic clue about what you are doing, they will obviously help. Not as much as a true aimbot, wallhack or godmode, but if you use them properly, you'll have an advantage over other players in certain situations.

btw: Didn't watch the replay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users