Jump to content


Tier 8 Premiums vs tier 10 99% of the time why?

Furstrated!!!!!!!

  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

Merlanthous #1 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:35 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 30773 battles
  • 4
  • [TTFE] TTFE
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011
Can someone from the WG team please explain to the growing community along with myself who are getting frustrated and annoyed, why we are matched against tier 10 99% of the time in premium tanks, I thought the purpose of owning a premium tank was the chance to earn credits, How are we expected to fight against an object 268 4 and other tier 10s, we either get bot's who do zero damage or are afk, are these bots implemented to make up the teams or is it another thing to make the community frustrated even more? . I would like an answer why we are getting in these matches. Honestly in my opinion what is the point of owning a premium tank if your unable to do any dmg, your out gunned out matched in everyway.

tumppi776 #2 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:40 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 40808 battles
  • 2,196
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014

It really sucks. The old MM wasnt that great either but at least my CDC got 30% top tier games back then (confirmed by looking at my vbaddict stats).

 

I wonder would I have 38k games if MM was like this from 2014??? Its really killing the fun factor of this game. Having to struggle to do anything game after game after game.


Edited by tumppi776, 05 April 2018 - 07:42 AM.


Ceeb #3 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30073 battles
  • 5,009
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

I have no issues with Tier 8 MM....

 

I have issues of tier 8 meeting 268-4s



Merlanthous #4 Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:59 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 30773 battles
  • 4
  • [TTFE] TTFE
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011
I've been holding it in for a very long time now but it really is ridiculous now, I bought a premium tank's out of confidence so that I would be able to earn some credits, over the years I've spent a fortune in the shop, at lease give us the chance to actually earn credits WG, I think we deserve it. 

RaxipIx #5 Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:24 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27359 battles
  • 812
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016
While tier 8 MM is bad enough, the other factor that kills that tier for me now is tooning in that tier is like accepting you'll be bottom tier 10 games out of 9, and  i'm not kidding. Had 15-20 session games where the best the MM did was an all tier 8 game once, 90 % 3-5-7 with tier X, and some games peppered in with only tier 9's as top.

DarkPacifist #6 Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:24 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 25209 battles
  • 117
  • [EX-OD] EX-OD
  • Member since:
    08-05-2013
MM is fine they said. I haven't played that much tier 8 (grinding my way through tier 9 and 6) but it looks to me that they touched tier 8 MM a bit since I pretty much have only tier 8 games in my tier 6 tanks. But I understand your frustration (I have a lot of preferencial premium tanks so that I can't meet tier 10, it's easier to make credits ;) )

evilchaosmonkey #7 Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:30 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16539 battles
  • 1,604
  • [EIGHT] EIGHT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

It's the tier 10 battle queue  I hear that is causing the issue.  With so many tier 10 tanks to find battles for, it's making the MM create too many of these games.

 

They've tried with grand battles, but it's not enough.

 

They need to change the algorithm to create many more tier 10 vs tier 10 only games.

 

 



Negativvv #8 Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6771 battles
  • 644
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

I don't mind the T8 MM with T10 but there are issues as in you're forced to rely on your own top tiers to fight theirs whilst you support or look for same tier tanks to kill.

 

This is especially bad in Meduims with sub 200 pen...



Thejagdpanther #9 Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 32999 battles
  • 4,230
  • [TKBS] TKBS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012
Well, if we are talking about the new broken tier 8 premium they deserve every bottom tier game they could possible get.
For the others, I feel your pain.

Aikl #10 Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:41 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 3,984
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 05 April 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

(...)

They need to change the algorithm to create many more tier 10 vs tier 10 only games.

 

 

 

No 3-5-7 makes Steve the IS-7 driver sad. Steve don't think it's fun to fight his peers. Steve won't buy Fort Knox pack to keep playing. :(

 

Jokes (not really) aside, I doubt we'll see it adressed unless the numbers of T8 players go down massively. That means Steve won't have any T8s to feast on.

 

View PostThejagdpanther, on 05 April 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

Well, if we are talking about the new broken tier 8 premium they deserve every bottom tier game they could possible get.
For the others, I feel your pain.
 

 

The more recent premiums (ELC, T92, Mauerbrecher, SOMUA) are hardly too strong, though I see your point with the Patriot/Liberte/Defender/Skorpion.

Funny thing is, they have properties that make them really strong as top-tier, but aren't all that great as bottom-tier (debateable for the Skorpion and Defender, I know). Kind of deliberate; idea is that the rare top-tier game will be so fun that you keep feeding the T10s for another week.

 

 


Edited by Aikl, 05 April 2018 - 08:47 AM.


clanmcwood #11 Posted 05 April 2018 - 09:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22105 battles
  • 1,294
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-
  • Member since:
    02-29-2012

View PostThejagdpanther, on 05 April 2018 - 07:39 AM, said:

Well, if we are talking about the new broken tier 8 premium they deserve every bottom tier game they could possible get.
For the others, I feel your pain.

 

Yes great lets make the economy of this game even more broken its moronic comments like this that threaten this game as some dribbling malformed Dev will probably read it and say to the top brass look a forum post that lets us make this game even less free to play.. 

jack_timber #12 Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:01 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31120 battles
  • 1,589
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Its simple really, do you want me to spell it out?

Don't buy premium tanks, there we are sorted:)



Thejagdpanther #13 Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:13 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 32999 battles
  • 4,230
  • [TKBS] TKBS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2012

View PostAikl, on 05 April 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

The more recent premiums (ELC, T92, Mauerbrecher, SOMUA) are hardly too strong, though I see your point with the Patriot/Liberte/Defender/Skorpion.

Funny thing is, they have properties that make them really strong as top-tier, but aren't all that great as bottom-tier (debateable for the Skorpion and Defender, I know). Kind of deliberate; idea is that the rare top-tier game will be so fun that you keep feeding the T10s for another week.

View Postclanmcwood, on 05 April 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

Yes great lets make the economy of this game even more broken its moronic comments like this that threaten this game as some dribbling malformed Dev will probably read it and say to the top brass look a forum post that lets us make this game even less free to play.. 

 

Why some people get it and others not?

Oh and for "deformed Devs" I laught a lot... a picture is loading in my mind of such human being during balancing meetings.
:teethhappy:

Ziurawka #14 Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:16 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20016 battles
  • 395
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

If you guys know of a tier VIII prem that deserves the current MM and does well against tier X then do tell by all means. 

My guess is that the only two are the Scorp and the Offender. 

Neither is particularly interesting tbh. 

 

I've bough a Patriot some time before the MM change, don't play it since it's happened. 

WZ-111 is better in 90% of games it gets into in my opinion.

I also have a proto and I didn't even check it out after the buffs. Can't be bothered if I'll constantly face tier X guns.  

 



tumppi776 #15 Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 40808 battles
  • 2,196
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    01-27-2014

View Postjack_timber, on 05 April 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Its simple really, do you want me to spell it out?

Don't buy premium tanks, there we are sorted:)

 

Well the prems used to work - then they broke it with MM.

 

So its not like its the fault of those who bought the prems.... havent bought T8 since the change - and wont. So there - you are correct in your suggestion - but still I do have the 6 i got before.

 

The amount of T10 for T8 is just broken. With all the buffs to armor - most T8's are just dead weight.


Edited by tumppi776, 05 April 2018 - 10:41 AM.


BKatt #16 Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:39 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30259 battles
  • 359
  • [LGACY] LGACY
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013

I get the whole tier 8 MM sux alot, getting paired Vs 10s constantly.

I dont really think more pure tier 10 games is the way to go either. In that case er would end up with ranked-like conditions, where only the pure meta tanks would have a spot. Like SC, Obj 268 V4, 430U, Batchat, LT100 et.

I pity the fool joining in his "Perfectly balanced" Leopard 1, tier 9.5 for examble or *insert other forgotten tier 9.5 herefter*.

 

 

The only way i can see this fixed, would be a bit longer queue times, resulting in games popping a bit slower. But ill rather wait a minute a game, and then get proper matchmaking.



Dava_117 #17 Posted 05 April 2018 - 10:46 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17559 battles
  • 2,151
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostMerlanthous, on 05 April 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

Can someone from the WG team please explain to the growing community along with myself who are getting frustrated and annoyed, why we are matched against tier 10 99% of the time in premium tanks, I thought the purpose of owning a premium tank was the chance to earn credits, How are we expected to fight against an object 268 4 and other tier 10s, we either get bot's who do zero damage or are afk, are these bots implemented to make up the teams or is it another thing to make the community frustrated even more? . I would like an answer why we are getting in these matches. Honestly in my opinion what is the point of owning a premium tank if your unable to do any dmg, your out gunned out matched in everyway.

 

They did a good job with themplate mm. Then they saw too much single tier and +1 battles were made, so less gold fired. The following patch they priorized 3/5/7 over the other, so now we have this crappy MM...

So, to answere your question, you're allways bottom tier to make you shoot more gold, so you likely buy premium time or gold+credit offers.


Edited by Dava_117, 05 April 2018 - 10:47 AM.


TheOddRogue #18 Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9977 battles
  • 427
  • Member since:
    08-08-2012

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 05 April 2018 - 07:30 AM, said:

It's the tier 10 battle queue  I hear that is causing the issue.  With so many tier 10 tanks to find battles for, it's making the MM create too many of these games.

 

They've tried with grand battles, but it's not enough.

 

They need to change the algorithm to create many more tier 10 vs tier 10 only games.

 

 

 

You realize that more than 70% of games in tier 10 is full tier 10 already.

 

To be honest though as a mainly tier 9 player I could care less if 100% of tier 10 battles were full tier 10,that tier is trashed and ruined by the very very poor balancing of tanks so who cares. 


Edited by TheOddRogue, 05 April 2018 - 11:35 AM.


pecopad #19 Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:42 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21331 battles
  • 716
  • [UGN] UGN
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

Main issue with premiums is that its a pain to grind credits which defeats the purpose of premium tanks..

 

Tier 8 and tier 9 grinding is a pain, not only you have to play non elite tanks but you have to grind the credits to be able to buy the tanks.



CraftyVeteran #20 Posted 05 April 2018 - 11:49 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3852 battles
  • 382
  • [Y-U] Y-U
  • Member since:
    05-03-2016

View Postevilchaosmonkey, on 05 April 2018 - 08:30 AM, said:

It's the tier 10 battle queue  I hear that is causing the issue.  With so many tier 10 tanks to find battles for, it's making the MM create too many of these games.

 

They've tried with grand battles, but it's not enough.

 

They need to change the algorithm to create many more tier 10 vs tier 10 only games.

 

 

 

this.  it's endlessly frustrating getting into battles where you can pen nothing, get wrecked by anything and even worse, get bullied because they know you can't do anything about it.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users