Jump to content


Tiers 2 & 3 are broken for a stupid i7. Great idea WG.


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

tomaris2578 #1 Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:30 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 46074 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    11-14-2013

There are 10 good and old players
 in every game who rush and die in the first 60seconds. After 90 seconds at least 15 players are dead. Great idea WG. New players will learn a lot from this game experience. Ps. What some people are willing to do for an i7 processor is just mind blowing. 



Spurtung #2 Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:42 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 63655 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

Tier 2 & 3 are at the very top of everyone's priorities, i7 or not.

 

You also address the matter in the perfect time, I promise you WG will heed to your suggestion and fix it all tomorrow morning. You may quote me on that.

 

 

 

 

By the way, and judging by your clan's name, you're Greek? The irony of "What some people are willing to do for an i7 processor is just mind blowing." was not lost.


Edited by Spurtung, 06 April 2018 - 01:45 AM.


Strappster #3 Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:47 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23968 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostSpurtung, on 06 April 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

Tier 2 & 3 are at the very top of everyone's priorities, i7 or not.

 

You also address the matter in the perfect time, I promise you WG will heed to your suggestion and fix it all tomorrow morning. You may quote me on that.

 



Pandabird #4 Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:07 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33973 battles
  • 4,526
  • [KOFF] KOFF
  • Member since:
    05-19-2013
Low tiers are as bad as high tiers atm. Just don't play until event is over

spuriousmonkey #5 Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:38 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 44202 battles
  • 3,332
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

i7

 

is that a CPU?



Snatch_The_AmmoRacks #6 Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:51 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29136 battles
  • 274
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. WG most likely knew this would happen and it's most likely why it wasn't tier restricted. I would have made the event requirements different as it is so people actually had to play good to get stamps.

 

Point is, it's better for tier 2-3 to be destroyed for an event than high tiers. Seriously please don't complain because if I have apes charging at high tiers I will want to gouge my eyeballs out + c'mon man, tier 2-3's take a couple mins to grind out. 



spuriousmonkey #7 Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:59 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 44202 battles
  • 3,332
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011
what are we talking about. is there some kind of contest?

TankkiPoju #8 Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:35 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20331 battles
  • 6,196
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postspuriousmonkey, on 06 April 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

i7

 

is that a CPU?

 

No its a very thin man doing a salute.

Edweird #9 Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9569 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017

I think WG where aware this was going to happen, but when a big company like Intel comes along they start brown nosing like crazy, yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir...and to hell with the play base & newcomers as some desperado tramp kid from a EDIT country where the minimum wage wage is 5p an hour who wants to gain 500 tokens a day...

 

Nice work WG


Edited by Kampa1987, 07 April 2018 - 01:19 PM.
Vulgarism


TungstenHitman #10 Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 22146 battles
  • 4,062
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

Probably a bit rich coming from a pro seal clubber with over 41 thousand battles that still clearly plays those bottom tiers to be complaining about unfair happenings at tier 2 and 3 and using new players bad experiences as a sympathetic front when you are just as guilty of giving those new players a bad experience too. What's the matter, you can't seal club with as much fun as you usually do? Cry me a sand river.



Strappster #11 Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:02 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23968 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postspuriousmonkey, on 06 April 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

what are we talking about. is there some kind of contest?

 

Yes. Play lots of battles and whoever gets the most wins a nice new laptop (actually pretty good spec gaming laptop). Next 250 runners-up get an i7 CPU so I suspect there might be a few complaints to follow about how you have to buy a new motherboard to use it.

PervyPastryPuffer #12 Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:09 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31011 battles
  • 1,860
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

View Postspuriousmonkey, on 06 April 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

i7

 

is that a CPU?

 

View PostTankkiPoju, on 06 April 2018 - 09:35 AM, said:

No its a very thin man doing a salute.

 

Here you go, you deserve it. :medal:

Somnorila #13 Posted 06 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 55818 battles
  • 2,020
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU
  • Member since:
    10-13-2012

I don't think that the event attracting more experienced players is an issue. QB made a video about the leaderboard and the players on there. About how their stats plummeted and they seem to play almost 24/7 

So the issue is more that you can use 3rd party software to play the game automatically instead of actually playing yourself. I would think that maybe it can't hurt if WG would introduce capcha in the game so that if you play more than 2-3 hours without pauses, to be given advice to take a break and at least fill up a capcha to continue.

So anyone who is trying to win an i7 will probably have no chance against players like the ones in the lead right now.

I for one had no clue about this event until i saw QB's video. But i did played with low tiers to get that tier 3 US light, then to give it a go and then i remembered i actually like playing low tiers as i have several premiums from events, boxes, WG gifts and so on. For example BT-7 art. is one of the tanks i like to play when i get tired of higher tiers. T-45 is no slouch either.



Snatch_The_AmmoRacks #14 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29136 battles
  • 274
  • [ORIGN] ORIGN
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View PostSomnorila, on 06 April 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

I don't think that the event attracting more experienced players is an issue. QB made a video about the leaderboard and the players on there. About how their stats plummeted and they seem to play almost 24/7 

So the issue is more that you can use 3rd party software to play the game automatically instead of actually playing yourself. I would think that maybe it can't hurt if WG would introduce capcha in the game so that if you play more than 2-3 hours without pauses, to be given advice to take a break and at least fill up a capcha to continue.

So anyone who is trying to win an i7 will probably have no chance against players like the ones in the lead right now.

I for one had no clue about this event until i saw QB's video. But i did played with low tiers to get that tier 3 US light, then to give it a go and then i remembered i actually like playing low tiers as i have several premiums from events, boxes, WG gifts and so on. For example BT-7 art. is one of the tanks i like to play when i get tired of higher tiers. T-45 is no slouch either.

 

Interesting you say that. I had one of these for the first time the other day

 

lmaoWG.png

 

 

 



Rati_Festa #15 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42823 battles
  • 1,382
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012
Isn't there only 51 CPU's up for grabs? If so not sure your maths adds up as only a certain amount of people can be in contention for 51 places, you really think that is causing the rush issue?

Strappster #16 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:47 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23968 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostRati_Festa, on 06 April 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

Isn't there only 51 CPU's up for grabs? If so not sure your maths adds up as only a certain amount of people can be in contention for 51 places, you really think that is causing the rush issue?

 

250 CPUs.

Ze_HOFF_fverhoef #17 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:51 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 15159 battles
  • 3,136
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

Luckily I already own an i7 with fancy laptop wrapped around it. Next laptop is probably gonna be an i9 instead :P

 

Anyway, I play far too few battles to be a contender.



Rati_Festa #18 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42823 battles
  • 1,382
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View PostStrappster, on 06 April 2018 - 12:47 PM, said:

 

250 CPUs.

 

ok, still doesn't really add up though. As only so many people will be realistically in contention, if they are all using bots to run their matches the ones that started first are going to win?!?!? So in theory perhaps 500 players chasing 250 places does this equate to tier 2-3 being ruined?

Asklepi0s #19 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:53 PM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 6758 battles
  • 846
  • Member since:
    01-23-2017

This thread has been closed by the moderation team due to not being constructive.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users