Black Prince is sooooooo badddddddd

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

mikesw #1 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3791 battles

Playing Black Prince is like playing a super heavy tank snail but with light tank armour and gun??? The 20km/h should be compensated with AT LEAST decent armour not the paper I have to put up with for 110k experience... plus can't pen anything... It needs to be buffed so badly literally every game I play with a BP they complain about how bad the tank is. It's not even a tank it's a truck, at best. It needs a buff immediately please! The game is half over by the time I get somewhere and even then the tank is too weak to contribute to anything. It's like I'm a spectator not a player. Please fix this :/

Earnt 50k on this so far, most un-fun experience unlike every other tank I'm playing.

IncandescentGerbil #2 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
Vlad says Da!

IncandescentGerbil #3 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35597 battles
On a serious note, all of those Churchill variants would be fine if they were moved down one tier.

Aikl #4 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:23 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 06 April 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

On a serious note, all of those Churchill variants would be fine if they were moved down one tier.

Yeah, and the FV201 (A45) fits extremely well into that line - both historically and in terms of 'line consistency'/bridging the gap between infantry tanks and 'heavy universal'.

Too bad WG took a good ol' crap on that idea when they introduced it as a lackluster premium instead. Woo!

Edited by Aikl, 06 April 2018 - 12:24 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #5 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44730 battles
I recently played the Churchill 7, the Black Prince and currently playing the Caernarvon. I have to say i am enjoying them very much. With the black prince, you find a corner to side scrape or a ridge to use your gun depression so you have both options many tanks in the game up to tier 10 don't have that. Your gun is just awesome, fast firing accurate and you have good pen with gold. Yes all of them are slow and maneuverability is crap but otherwise they are good so you have to choose carefully where do you wanna go on the map and whom are you gonna face there.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62749 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 06 April 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

They are fine tbh. Tier 5 is fairly capable. And the best in the line tier for tier between the 5/6/7. Tier 6 only needs a mobility buff. As that has done many a HT missions for me on the lower reward tanks. BP needs a 20 pounder and a small dpm buff vs what it has now. Then I suspect most won't mind the bad mobility etc.

Black Prince was "meh" at best when it came. But it worked. That's a few metas ago. So it's far from that today.

View PostAikl, on 06 April 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

Yeah, and the FV201 (A45) fits extremely well into that line - both historically and in terms of 'line consistency'/bridging the gap between infantry tanks and 'heavy universal'.

Too bad WG took a good ol' crap on that idea when they introduced it as a lackluster premium instead. Woo!

Easy fix for that too... give it a 20 pdr.

Edited by Balc0ra, 06 April 2018 - 12:32 PM.

IncandescentGerbil #7 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35597 battles

It's such an obvious idea you have to wonder why they haven't done it. It's almost as if they are determined to give their IS drivers something to feast on.

Rati_Festa #8 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40126 battles

When the A45 was originally introduced it wasn't "lacklustre", it like a lot of the prem's have been power creeped to near extinction ( which is another reason not to spend money with WG as they don't seem to be bothered about customers buying stuff that becomes useless due to environment/vehicles changes ) . Still can't get my head round why WG only reviewed tiers 8 and upwards for the Brit heavy line. In the old days the sub t8's could hold their own due to the armour they have been badly affected imo by the Jap heavies. 

Aikl #9 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 April 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

(...)

Easy fix for that too... give it a 20 pdr.

Was mostly thinking that they wouldn't want to put the same tank as both a premium and in the tech tree, but a 20-pounder could sure do the trick (for fixing the FV201 as well). In historical terms that might just be a Caernarvon, though. 

On a related note, I'd like to see more tanks having more of a choice of two viable guns, like the Challenger, Charioteer (well, not really), Centurion 7/1 (doubtful even five years ago) and the Conway.

View PostRati_Festa, on 06 April 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

When the A45 was originally introduced it wasn't "lacklustre", it like a lot of the prem's have been power creeped to near extinction ( which is another reason not to spend money with WG as they don't seem to be bothered about customers buying stuff that becomes useless due to environment/vehicles changes ) . Still can't get my head round why WG only reviewed tiers 8 and upwards for the Brit heavy line. In the old days the sub t8's could hold their own due to the armour they have been badly affected imo by the Jap heavies. 

Fair point, I'm likely affected by how most describe it after a couple of years of 'creep. It does seem to have had its fans back at launch (though considering this was a marathon tank for NA and Asia...), though consensus was still kind of mixed.

It actually makes a lot of sense to only rebalance T8-10. If someone wants to get the Super-Conq, they might free-XP up to an elited Caernarvon. That's roughly the halfway point grind-wise, the first good tank of the line - and coincidentally where you start losing credits as well, especially if you want to be competitive. I don't believe in coincidences when it comes to WG.

Edited by Aikl, 06 April 2018 - 12:52 PM.

Malakhi75 #10 Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 24735 battles
I quite enjoyed the t6 and t7 Brit heavies. Yes, they we're situational, but I had fun in them nonetheless. Although that was several months, if not years ago, so things have moved on in the meta.

leggasiini #11 Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 9537 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

In fact, they very well could implement the A45 as a regular tier 7 HT with better armor than the premium one, and then give the current one a 20pdr but keep the armor as bleh.

Black Prince wouldn't be THAT ridiculous at tier 6, anyway. The O-I has the same hull armor, but much better guns and better mobility (lol) as well. BP's advantage would be very strong turret armor.

NoobySkooby #12 Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6813 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 06 April 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

I recently played the Churchill 7, the Black Prince and currently playing the Caernarvon. I have to say i am enjoying them very much. With the black prince, you find a corner to side scrape or a ridge to use your gun depression so you have both options many tanks in the game up to tier 10 don't have that. Your gun is just awesome, fast firing accurate and you have good pen with gold. Yes all of them are slow and maneuverability is crap but otherwise they are good so you have to choose carefully where do you wanna go on the map and whom are you gonna face there.

i was foolish enough to listen to a clan leaders advice and get the BP, worst tank I got, wasted valuable free xp on it too, but as an aside one of my lucky tanks is the tier 5 Russian Churchill, love that one and often survive battles in it, BP on the other hand, I have no words, that said your advice is sound and noted, thank you.

Edited by kaptainkrunch, 06 April 2018 - 02:00 PM.

Sirebellus #13 Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17423 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 06 April 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

( which is another reason not to spend money with WG as they don't seem to be bothered about customers buying stuff that becomes useless due to environment/vehicles changes ) .

WG want you to keep buying Premium Tanks... the only way to get you to buy a 'new' premium T8 Heavy is to make it better than the T8 Premium Heavy you have already bought - thus Powercreep

WG aren't bothered about the tanks you already own, they are really only bothered about the tanks you are going to buy in the future

Mr_Burrows #14 Posted 06 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43185 battles

Totally OT, but anyway: Should it not be "sooooooo baaaaaaaaad" instead? Trying to say "badddddddddd" makes you sound like a 4 cyl engine running on 3. But I guess this is the same phenomenon that makes the younger generation shoot video with their phones standing on edge. Wonder how they will wall mount their tv's once they are old enough to move out of their parents. Standing up? And how about watching a movie that way? Any movie? For 2.5 hours? Blade Runner 2049 but with just a fifth of the screen size? Would kill me. 

Now back on topic, and sorry. 

Mr Burrows - old fart. 

Maj_Solo #15 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 60230 battles
  • [MO0S3] MO0S3
they have tiny turret. I used to drive in any depression I could find and fire on the move. So high fire rate why stop to aim. wiggle the hull. The churchills might have been power creeped since I played them.

PzTeufel #16 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5519 battles
mikesw, try to see the positive side of Black Prince: Conqueror is worth of grinding! 

Strappster #17 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 23556 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I really liked the Black Prince and then WG gave it an HD model that introduced various holes in the armour and buffed just about everything else so it's really not much more than a free xp sink. I ended up selling it and buying back the Churchill VII for my British infantry tank fix; it's still not great but at least it's not quite as far out of its depth.

Rati_Festa #18 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40126 battles

View PostSirebellus, on 06 April 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

WG want you to keep buying Premium Tanks... the only way to get you to buy a 'new' premium T8 Heavy is to make it better than the T8 Premium Heavy you have already bought - thus Powercreep

WG aren't bothered about the tanks you already own, they are really only bothered about the tanks you are going to buy in the future

I cant disagree with u on that one. But I think quite a few of us are realising this situation and its is now stopping me spending. I'll just spend my disposable cash elsewhere.

Cobra6 #19 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Yeah this tank is indeed atrocious, the armour does not function at all and if that doesn't function, there is no reason why it should be so slow. Also, the gun is a bit of a let down on top of that.

Cobra 6

FatigueGalaxy #20 Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18568 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostCobra6, on 06 April 2018 - 02:49 PM, said:

Yeah this tank is indeed atrocious, the armour does not function at all and if that doesn't function, there is no reason why it should be so slow. Also, the gun is a bit of a let down on top of that.

Cobra 6

The gun is the biggest problem, not the armour as it works well against lower and equal tiers (if used correctly). But you get very low alpha gun with the same or lower DPM than guns with higher alpha. You have no alpha, no DPM and no penetration so you get out-traded by everything.

+350 DPM (same as Tiger I), +5 km/h max speed - tank fixed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users