Your thoughts on the new maps from an arty perspective.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mpf1959 #1 Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24117 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I would be interested to hear what fellow arty players think about the new maps. What I'm most interested to hear is are the new maps more or less arty friendly?

Partybooper #2 Posted 07 May 2018 - 07:59 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25100 battles

I don't think there is much difference to be honest, as the big obstacles like buildings, churches, castles and tall hills / mountains and big rocks are basically the same (I'm talking from a regular tank player's perspective).

The huge portions of the maps which have been closed for gameplay when there is an arty player on the enemy team are still there. The camping spots to avoid arty are still the same.

But one difference which comes to my mind is the NW corner of El Halluf with the castle-like walls, which feels a bit safer now, which I like. I get clicked a lot less often there now when I am still at the corner on the higher part or when pushing the enemy through the middle there. It allows for better gameplay and doesn't make the entire low ground a permanent death zone like it was before. Now you get covered by regular tanks behind you, not by the click from above.

mpf1959 #3 Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24117 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The castellated walls in El Halluf are indeed harder to fire over, even with a Bishop, also the same with Mines on the hill. The crashed Zepplin in Redshire? is also hard to get past, it's a lot harder to hit the heavies there than it was.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users