Youtube Video Review AMX 13 57 AMX 13 57GF

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Cobra6 #1 Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

After this tank came on sale for 48 hours on April the 1st I picked mine up and have been having a great time playing it. I bought the standard 13 57 without the Grand Finals skin but both vehicles are pretty much the same (GF has slightly better camo in some instances) so the review goes for both versions.

It's a really competitive light tank (unlike the ELC EVEN90) which has some strong points but also some serious drawbacks which I'll get to in this video.

Cobra6

Dru_UK #2 Posted 06 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles

until you do a type 62 review - it's wallet shut!

nice review.

look forward to playing mine as well when my pc sorts itself out

azakow #3 Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 80521 battles

Thx for sharing.

1st sample

Is a good sample of MM that makes players complain about the AMX 1357.

It seems that experienced players do not notice such extremely favorable MM at all.

(Get a mod to display custom circles on your minimap. This will improve your ability to engage opponents undected in the open.

Start with a 330m circle and experient with it. You will be very surprised about its out come.

Same applies to ELC EVEN 90. Add another circle at 290m and experiment with it.

2 circles are simply insuffient.)

2nd sample

Yes aim time and reload are not in sync at long ranges.

Why not act accordingliy in battle and pay attenttion to that aim circle?

It would help to put the "low" ammo count statement in persepective, since you have to be very selective on what to shoot at.

It seems you are hitting you desktop mouse really hard every time you "click", hence it moves, hence the aim thrown off, hence you miss. This is valid to alot of your replays.

I am not getting tiered to mention this whenever I can, becasue I assume bad habits can be changed.

(Being killed by TD was caused at your keyboard only. A pitty that we do not see the colors of players in you replays, so you (and the audience) could better assess the "abilities" of the players you are relying on.

Don't you think? I am asking, because ranting about them is disturbing to me and it creates some kind of "bad taste".)

3rd sample

I've been playing arti alot recently.

Knocking bushes for wanna be spotter is so much fun. I your case using that bush was taking chances!

Conclusion

The reviews conclusion should all about the AMX 1357, rather than to rant about LT10.

:)

Thanks for compiling.

:great: +1

Edited by azakow, 07 April 2018 - 08:49 AM.

Cobra6 #4 Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postazakow, on 07 April 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

Thx for sharing.

1st sample

Is a good sample of MM that makes players complain about the AMX 1357.

It seems that experienced players do not notice such extremely favorable MM at all.

(Get a mod to display custom circles on your minimap. This will improve your ability to engage opponents undected in the open.

Start with a 330m circle and experient with it. You will be very surprised about its out come.

Same applies to ELC EVEN 90. Add another circle at 290m and experiment with it.

2 circles are simply insuffient.)

Oh I do notice the MM because it's extremely rare to get it but I fail to see why 5-10 is an issue, if anything it's far better for the -1 tanks in the MM as they have a much easier time engaging you than -2 tanks would. That is also why I think the 3-5-7 template should go entirely. Matchmaking should either be 5-10 or all same tier. It would create a lot less frustration for everyone if they weren't chucked -2 all the time.

I don't run any mods with WoT anymore, I honestly like the skill of figuring out how far you can take it and the uncertainty of whether you are spotted, it makes sure you don't become over-aggressive.

2nd sample

Yes aim time and reload are not in sync at long ranges.

Why not act accordingliy in battle and pay attenttion to that aim circle?

It would help to put the "low" ammo count statement in persepective, since you have to be very selective on what to shoot at.

It seems you are hitting you desktop mouse really hard every time you "click", hence it moves, hence the aim thrown off, hence you miss. This is valid to alot of your replays.

I am not getting tiered to mention this whenever I can, becasue I assume bad habits can be changed.

(Being killed by TD was caused at your keyboard only. A pitty that we do not see the colors of players in you replays, so you (and the audience) could better assess the "abilities" of the players you are relying on.

Don't you think? I am asking, because ranting about them is disturbing to me and it creates some kind of "bad taste".)

I'll pay attention to the clicking you mentioned, might be the cause indeed!

As for the TD:

A UDES that is not in siege mode hitting that shot at that range was a minute chance and RNJesus made it happen *ON TOP* of the Skorpion having  the UDES right in front of him (check the replay) and not even looking in it's direction. I know tunnel vision exists but that was atrocious.

Honestly, I expect players of this game to have basic awareness of what they are doing, certainly at tier 8 and I expect them to engage targets right in front of them you can't miss even if you are not looking.

I went right because that UDES was in driving mode, not in siege, so I expected to be able to scoot across without much issue.

3rd sample

I've been playing arti alot recently.

Knocking bushes for wanna be spotter is so much fun. I your case using that bush was taking chances!

It is risky indeed but since I was not being XVM focussed by arty that match *AND* no one spotted me actually going into the bush (I was spotted in the field) I took my chances. If arty had been focussing me, I'd used the hill to spot, not the bush :)

Conclusion

The reviews conclusion should all about the AMX 1357, rather than to rant about LT10.

:)

In the conclusion I tried to explain *why* the AMX 13 57 is actually good compared to higher tier light tanks and also why it's not overpowered like tanks like the Defender are, but I'll keep that in mind for the next review I do. Hopefully it will be the Type62! :D

Cobra 6

azakow #5 Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 80521 battles

View PostCobra6, on 07 April 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

I don't run any mods with WoT anymore, I honestly like the skill of figuring out how far you can take it and the uncertainty of whether you are spotted, it makes sure you don't become over-aggressive.

I've been there as well al long time ago.

Not only for undetected shooting, but also for active scounting in order to push it to the "edege" of being detected. It also help helps to choose runaway paths you can reliably keep them at porper distance. Sometimes I use minimap only when active scouting.

https://www.magentacloud.de/lnk/c8m4kUAB

Honestly, I expect players of this game to have basic awareness of what they are doing, certainly at tier 8 and I expect them to engage targets right in front of them you can't miss even if you are not looking.

I went right because that UDES was in driving mode, not in siege, so I expected to be able to scoot across without much issue.

A closer look at the map situation will show, that the RHM would not have had a LoF to UDES at all. Same applies to the Skorpion being in the ditch on the slope. Moreover the Skorp has little gun depression and the UDES is extremly flat. But hey, "sometimes you are the wind shield, sometimes you are the bug", i.e. like "burn Tiger burn" for 750+ HP (I know old farts music.)

:D

In the conclusion I tried to explain *why* the AMX 13 57 is actually good compared to higher tier light tanks and also why it's not overpowered like tanks like the Defender are, but I'll keep that in mind for the next review I do. Hopefully it will be the Type62! :D

The conlusion and Defender as sample is perfect!

Edited by azakow, 07 April 2018 - 03:11 PM.

Cobra6 #6 Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postazakow, on 07 April 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

The conlusion and Defender as sample is perfect!

Because lots of people complain the 13 57 is overpowered so I bring a truly overpowered premium tank to the comparison to explain the difference between overpowered and over-performing.

Well if you look at the video and see me looking back, you can clearly see the Skorpion has direct line of sight to the UDES that is right under his nose but he is looking to his right for some reason, just before I turn to the right and get shot in the face by a UDES in travelling mode.

Cobra 6

Kissa_ei_kuulu_pakkaseen #7 Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7663 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

Cobra 6 is right. 13 57 is really good tank on good hands but has also vulnurable properties (weak armour agains HE & crew easily to be knocked out) to balance the tanks. It's the last tier 7 scout I want to face 1vs1 in my LTB but can be outplayed just like any other light on tier 7. 

I

Cobra6 #8 Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Well for me the really big thing is that it catches fire so often, I don't think I've ever had any tank do that to me in the 8 years I've been playing.

The only thing I can compare the clockwork regularity you get set on fire with is how easy it is in the Swedish T6 premium medium to get your engine destroyed by one hit in the front. And it was annoying in that tank as well to have even tier 4 tanks kill your engine in one shot.

The fuel tanks in the back under the turret of the AMX 13 57 have such low HP that one shot from pretty much any gun it meets can, and will, set it on fire.

Cobra 6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users