• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Pippo1989_ITA #1 Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 70468 battles
  • [FVRIE] FVRIE

Hello,
I would like to explain my point of view on the personal gameplay of the various tanks. (Especially light tanks, in my case).
Possible that if you set your own light as a passive spotter (camo-net and periscopes) do I have to go to suicide for others?
Today I was insulted because I feel good to use my T92 as passive spotter and
, if necessary, as a T67 (td tier 5), seen in well gun, mobility and camo values.

Always with good damages and assists.

It is not possible to receive insults only for an alternative way of seeing the battle, different from usual, for having set up a tank to have a particular gameplay and not another. Or just because there is the intention to play the games with more calm without going in a hurry to finish the battle.

I bring you a personal example. I played a game, with my T92, with more than 2k of spot and 1,500 of damage and I received insults from an ISU-152 because I do not make a spot as he wants. The same ISU who, he said in chat, could not hit anyone. The same ISU wrote in the chat "could not hit anyone".
Useless to say, he wanted to see and hit tanks over the yellow line (564mt?) on the minimap (but I have to go spot...). I believe that he could not hit anyone!

Now, let's have a calm down. ALL. We accept that there are players who have different styles of play and we respect them.

I hope this post will reflect on another point of view, due the recent increase in useless things in the chat during the battle.

Pippo1989_ITA

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29179 battles
Not sure it was worth a whole forum thread to tell us you met an idiot.

ogremage #3 Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33436 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Are you being berated by a blue or purple player? Maybe they are right. Maybe not.

Are you being berated by some random potato? Who cares.

TDs are always keen to ask you to spot things they don't know how to hit.

Edited by ogremage, 08 April 2018 - 05:16 PM.

ThinGun #4 Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34974 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
Its even more amusing when you're playing a TD and the Arty berate you for not spotting.  Like I can even GET to the other end of the map in 15 minutes in my FCM 36 Pak 40 ...

mpf1959 #5 Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15681 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Well, you can turn battle chat off, or, (best option IMHO) take absolutely no notice of any other player whatsoever, they are in no position (apart from in their own deluded ego's) at all to instruct anyone, it's a free game, so [edited]em, and be happy! ;)

Edited by mpf1959, 08 April 2018 - 05:33 PM.

Pippo1989_ITA #6 Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 70468 battles
  • [FVRIE] FVRIE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 08 April 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Not sure it was worth a whole forum thread to tell us you met an idiot.

Not one, multiple idiots :( (and unfortunately they have "right to vote" through the reports)

View Postogremage, on 08 April 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Are you being berated by a blue or purple player? Maybe they are right. Maybe not.

Are you being berated by some random potato? Who cares.

TDs are always keen to ask you to spot things they don't know how to hit.

Yep, agree to you.

View PostThinGun, on 08 April 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Its even more amusing when you're playing a TD and the Arty berate you for not spotting.  Like I can even GET to the other end of the map in 15 minutes in my FCM 36 Pak 40 ...

I have and know FCM 36 Pak 40... moving from spawn to out of base is impossible in 15 minutes :teethhappy:

View Postmpf1959, on 08 April 2018 - 05:32 PM, said:

Well, you can turn battle chat off, or, (best option IMHO) take absolutely no notice of any other player whatsoever, they are in no position (apart from in their own deluded ego's) at all to instruct anyone, it's a free game, so [edited]em, and be happy! ;)

Yes, i has disabled chat :great: too no sense words...

Thanks for the answers, you made me smile again :):honoring:

Edited by Pippo1989_ITA, 08 April 2018 - 05:36 PM.

Darius_B1bis #7 Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30006 battles
  • [RAME] RAME

Hi, you were certainly unlucky because you have found bad TD players: you did well, so don't care about them and go on.

However, you can see that too many times lights don't do their duty, causing defeats in open maps. It's really annoying to see lights camping behind meds and TDs: when your TD hasn't got a good view range, things get always really bad. And a frustrated player, even if he's a good one, may do bad matches after some defeats with no teammates' help.

In this weekend I saw a lot of similar situations. I mention one of last battles in Karelia - assault, for example: I helped to kill enemy lights and I spotted in attack with a med, having my lights mates behind...obviously, they ran to farm damage when I was dead and the victory was sure!

Think that when I found a light doing correctly his role into a tier X battle I was really surprised...and my TD returned his effort with a big caliber :P 

pucku #8 Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30705 battles
  • [RAF-H] RAF-H
Be happy as long as they only insult you (I have had the chat turned off for many years), What's really annoying is when they shoot you because you don't scout like they want. Getting shot by team mates almost only happens when I play LTs. Happened 4 times in the last few days. But they have to pay your repair bill if they do. So it doesn't really matter that much either.

LordMuffin #9 Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48103 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDarius_B1bis, on 08 April 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

Hi, you were certainly unlucky because you have found bad TD players: you did well, so don't care about them and go on.

However, you can see that too many times lights don't do their duty, causing defeats in open maps. It's really annoying to see lights camping behind meds and TDs: when your TD hasn't got a good view range, things get always really bad. And a frustrated player, even if he's a good one, may do bad matches after some defeats with no teammates' help.

In this weekend I saw a lot of similar situations. I mention one of last battles in Karelia - assault, for example: I helped to kill enemy lights and I spotted in attack with a med, having my lights mates behind...obviously, they ran to farm damage when I was dead and the victory was sure!

Think that when I found a light doing correctly his role into a tier X battle I was really surprised...and my TD returned his effort with a big caliber :P 

To be fair, TDs seem to be one of the more difficult tank classes to play, as long as you don't play a Obj 268 v4 or T95 or T30 or similar tank that is not your typical TD. 

The usual TD player is unable to support (unable to find new shooting lanes to use for the situation, unable to move up with team mates, unable to spot an open flank etc). An average player in a heavy is way more lethal then a bad player in a TD. Because in the heavy, the average player would just go frontline and attack. Same for the average player in a medium or a light.

ThinGun #10 Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34974 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
TDs aren't difficult, you just need a different mindset.  The whole concept of having to hide away from the main battle is difficult for regular tank players and they quite often get annoyed at the TD's apparent 'cowardice'.  The level of abuse that one has to endure, purely due to lack of understanding is quite high.  Arty and TD players need thick skins.

LordMuffin #11 Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48103 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostThinGun, on 09 April 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

TDs aren't difficult, you just need a different mindset.  The whole concept of having to hide away from the main battle is difficult for regular tank players and they quite often get annoyed at the TD's apparent 'cowardice'.  The level of abuse that one has to endure, purely due to lack of understanding is quite high.  Arty and TD players need thick skins.

You are proving my point.

https://wot-life.com...inGun-524181457

Despite playing almost only TDs you fail at the stuff I mentioned.

Mimos_A #12 Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24094 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
Not to be rude, but with your average number of vehicles spotted of 1.8 in a tier 8 light you might want to consider the fact that you are indeed doing something wrong...

Pippo1989_ITA #13 Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 70468 battles
  • [FVRIE] FVRIE

View PostMimos_A, on 09 April 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

Not to be rude, but with your average number of vehicles spotted of 1.8 in a tier 8 light you might want to consider the fact that you are indeed doing something wrong...

LOL

"you are indeed doing something wrong" sure :D see replay on this post and reply to me..

Tank spotted: 5

Damage on spot (at end battle): only 1.481

on Malinovka!!!! :sceptic:

now, it is useless to say that I did something wrong.
- If the team is disgusting, I can not help it.
- If the team does not play, I can not help it.
- If the team play a "single player mode", I can not throw in the toilet a tank for nothing (I can not buy a tank and then not earn something) because "I am a light and I have to go to spot (and die immediately)"

So, now I play as I want (as everyone else does).
With campers, bots, kamikaze, statspadders and more, the feeling is play 1 vs 29 not 15 vs 15 :facepalm:

Isn't possible to see a light make more damage than a heavy tank and several times I have seen players with heavy tanks, that could do 2-3k of damage, finish battle with 0 while I had made a respectable game :D

I think I've said it all, and no further comments are needed. The replay is all too obvious.

wotreplays link: http://wotreplays.eu...ppo1989_ita-t92

Edited by Pippo1989_ITA, 12 April 2018 - 12:03 PM.

Mimos_A #14 Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24094 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostPippo1989_ITA, on 12 April 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

LOL

"you are indeed doing something wrong" sure :D see replay on this post and reply to me..

Tank spotted: 5

Damage on spot (at end battle): only 1.481

on Malinovka!!!! :sceptic:

now, it is useless to say that I did something wrong.
- If the team is disgusting, I can not help it.
- If the team does not play, I can not help it.
- If the team play a "single player mode", I can not throw in the toilet a tank for nothing (I can not buy a tank and then not earn something) because "I am a light and I have to go to spot (and die immediately)"

So, now I play as I want (as everyone else does).
With campers, bots, kamikaze, statspadders and more, the feeling is play 1 vs 29 not 15 vs 15:facepalm:

Isn't possible to see a light make more damage than a heavy tank and several times I have seen players with heavy tanks, that could do 2-3k of damage, finish battle with 0 while I had made a respectable game :D

I think I've said it all, and no further comments are needed.The replay is all too obvious.

wotreplays link: http://wotreplays.eu...ppo1989_ita-t92

That's just one game. All I was saying that if you get frequent abuse from your teams and your tanks spotted average is that low (and it is low, even compared to your own other lights), you need to critically look at yourself and not just put it down to idiot teams. I didn't tell you to conclude anything, but it never hurts to critically look at yourself in these situations. You do well in other lights, you don't in the t92 and you get abuse from your team. Seems reason enough for me to evaluate how you play it...

For example, I felt I was struggling with the 13 90, and IMO my winrate in it is still bad. Instead of just going "teams suck" I started looking at what I was was doing and found that when I critically looked at my gameplay in it I was struggling to find the right balance between my role as a light tank/vision provider and assassin.

Edited by Mimos_A, 12 April 2018 - 12:28 PM.

ThinGun #15 Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34974 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostLordMuffin, on 09 April 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

You are proving my point.

https://wot-life.com...inGun-524181457

Despite playing almost only TDs you fail at the stuff I mentioned.

I only fail to match your unreasonable and unreasoned expectations.  Asking TD players to act like heavies ... well, you might as well ask lights to sit at the back and kill remotely.

Pippo1989_ITA #16 Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 70468 battles
  • [FVRIE] FVRIE

View PostMimos_A, on 12 April 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

That's just one game. All I was saying that if you get frequent abuse from your teams and your tanks spotted average is that low (and it is low, even compared to your own other lights), you need to critically look at yourself and not just put it down to idiot teams. I didn't tell you to conclude anything, but it never hurts to critically look at yourself in these situations.

"That's just one game.", "you need to critically look at yourself and not just put it down to idiot teams" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I can do anything you want, but if others do not do it, it's useless.
It is not the first time that I spot many tanks but if I do not see shots afterwards, it is useless to take the risk.

you're almost telling me that I should do: start battle -> go spot -> die -> return to garage (otherwise I'm an idiot)

I see unicum and violet players playing
for himself, without caring about the team, doing what they want (and nobody says anything, but they are unicum and violet).

Two weights and two measures, always and anyway.

What I say is, objectively, that whatever you do there is always someone who does not like what you do. In real life and in game, I can not stand behind the others, for stats or results. I'm not a pro but I do not even think I have to criticize myself so much that I have to question everything (when everyone plays what they want, for fun).
The problem is that I can not play to please others, honestly it's not fair, can I have a personal game approach? Yes, the eula does not say that you need to have a specific gameplay for each tank.

After almost 70k battles played at almost competitive levels I will be able to decide to have a different approach that does not make a judgment of those performances? Look at how many players have 500 of wn8 overall, seen it is about stats and performance, with 20-30k battles. And then I would be the problem? I do not think so.
The problem that you are so closed on the concept of performance that you do not accept anything of different. Does one want to play for a decent middle game? No, he must play his game in the first minutes.

And now enough, otherwise I only waste time.

Mimos_A #17 Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24094 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostPippo1989_ITA, on 12 April 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

"That's just one game.", "you need to critically look at yourself and not just put it down to idiot teams" :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I can do anything you want, but if others do not do it, it's useless. Yes, we all have those games
It is not the first time that I spot many tanks but if I do not see shots afterwards, it is useless to take the risk. What risk? If you do it well there is no risk.

you're almost telling me that I should do: start battle -> go spot -> die -> return to garage (otherwise I'm an idiot) No, of course not. If you really think I'm telling you that you need to go back to elementary school and learn to read.

I see unicum and violet players playing
for himself, without caring about the team, doing what they want (and nobody says anything, but they are unicum and violet). If they do dumb stuff people care as much as they care about others. Except they do a lot less dumb stuff, that's how they became unicums.

Two weights and two measures, always and anyway.

What I say is, objectively, that whatever you do there is always someone who does not like what you do. In real life and in game, I can not stand behind the others, for stats or results. I'm not a pro but I do not even think I have to criticize myself so much that I have to question everything (when everyone plays what they want, for fun).
The problem is that I can not play to please others, honestly it's not fair, can I have a personal game approach? Yes, the eula does not say that you need to have a specific gameplay for each tank. And I'm saying that if several people don't like what you're doing it might be worth checking whether you're doing it as well as you think you're doing. Sometimes you'll find that, indeed, they should just shut up and you're doing it right, but other times, it helps you to find flaws in your gameplay.

After almost 70k battles played at almost competitive levels I will be able to decide to have a different approach that does not make a judgment of those performances? Look at how many players have 500 of wn8 overall, seen it is about stats and performance, with 20-30k battles. And then I would be the problem? I do not think so.
The problem that you are so closed on the concept of performance that you do not accept anything of different. Does one want to play for a decent middle game? No, he must play his game in the first minutes. Again, all you talk about is what others do and don't. How are YOU ever going to improve by just focusing on what others do and don't?

And now enough, otherwise I only waste time.

Dava_117 #18 Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThinGun, on 12 April 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

I only fail to match your unreasonable and unreasoned expectations.  Asking TD players to act like heavies ... well, you might as well ask lights to sit at the back and kill remotely.

Some TDs are designed to be played on the front. All tier 8-10 american TD, most of the soviet TD, JpzE100 line, French High tier TD, Badger line, chinese high tier. Actually, more assault gun than TDs in this game.

ThinGun #19 Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34974 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostDava_117, on 12 April 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Some TDs are designed to be played on the front. All tier 8-10 american TD, most of the soviet TD, JpzE100 line, French High tier TD, Badger line, chinese high tier. Actually, more assault gun than TDs in this game.

Agreed.  But as I play mostly fragile German TDs, and mostly T4 to T7, my assertion stands.

Axelfoley666 #20 Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22398 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

No mater how you play, someone somewhere will have an issue with it. Some will just troll because they like to troll (see Claus Kellerman for examples).

Just play the game (that's what it is after all), try your best to win and enjoy it. When it stops becoming fun, Stop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users