Gameplay at t10, mindset

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

VarzA #1 Posted 08 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22712 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

I'm having some problems with mindset and other things at t10, maybe some better players can help me out.

WZ-111 5A was my first t10, and it took me a while to grasp how to play it, eventually started playing it like an improved 1-4, but my stats in it are still horrible,

1-2 months ago i bought the 113, still haven't played it.

And a few weeks ago i finally got the 430U ... my 3rd t10 and the tank that made me start this thread.

I'm new to russian meds, before i started the grind to the 430U, my highest russian vehicle was the A-43.

I managed to adapt to the t-34-85, to the 85M, to the Rudy (same tank basically) .... to the T-43, and the T-44 after it.

Even the 430 was nice.

I absolutely hate my time in the 430U atm.

I can see why it's OP, i just have a hard time turning that into action.

Every shot i take seems to pen, everyone seems to find that lower plate (had a game earlier where some LTTB dude found my lower plate peaking out 3 times .... from 100m, while every fully aimed shot i took ... went wild). Every shot makes the fuel go yellow, every HE shell seems to kill a ton of crew members.

This is not a joke, had a game earlier today where i was holding a line fine and dandy on redshire, and a t-49 pops up during my reload, throws a HE shell in my face and kills 2 crew. o.0

I've changed tactics, i've buffed aimtime (better crew with BIA + vents instead of coated optics) and softstats.

And then you get a loss streak of 10 games in a row, where no matter what you do, you can't get a win .... while playing other tanks seem to get you a win.

Or you get trolled by some ppl in your own team who decide to shoot you because you don't live up to their high standards (even though your stats are much better) .... or you meet some 268 4 platoon that steamrolls your entire line without taking damage (had this happen on abbey with just 1 268 4).

Besides the above rant, do you deal with the above as well when you become a much better player ?

What exactly still gets you to play ?

What makes you not rage at the stupidity of it all ?

Edited by VarzA, 08 April 2018 - 06:00 PM.

soul3ater #2 Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18849 battles
  • [OMNIA] OMNIA

you need to start playing lower tiers and get better in those first, tier X's can be frustrating since one mistake will literally send you to the garage before you could say wew lad.

try to use the terrain to hide your weakspots like the 430U, hide that lower plate no matter what, and yeah don't forget to take advantage of the minimap and where your tank is strong in each map. hope that helps.

I am in no way an amazing player but I can hold my own against anybody, after all I play almost tier X exclusively. 

VarzA #3 Posted 08 April 2018 - 06:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22712 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

I'm actually happy with the difficulty at t10, and i do have good games (just had one on mountain pass south spawn where i did 7.6k damage combined).

I am using the terrain, well .... i am using it better than i used to. :)

It's the motivation bit that i am struggling with .... when everything seems to sh*t on your head.

The increase number of arties per game post 1.0 doesn't help either. :(

Omeron_1 #4 Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11423 battles
U will have bad games ,even streaks, all do, just take ur time analyze what went bad and learn from it.

Kurat666 #5 Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 30211 battles
  • [GIFTD] GIFTD

Tip from me: With heavies - don get penned, with all others, do not get hit! Minimize exposure to enemy shells. The hardest part in all that is, you have to be agressive in or order to win. Red line sniping dont cut it in most of the cases. 

I used to like tier x battles, but not anymore - something has changed....

VarzA #6 Posted 09 April 2018 - 04:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22712 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
Stopped caring and i had a few great games .... including my very first t10 radley-walters a few minutes ago. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users