An idea on how to start punishing "special people" who do "special things"

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

RaxipIx #1 Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29710 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

So, i don't know if this can work in WOT, but in other games like for ex cs, and other games i played  it had a rather high  success.

Basically what i propose is a thread, where people who feel they where  TK-D, hit by allies, pushed out of cover,griefed in anyway  etc can post a replay.

Then that replay can be judged by i don't know maybe  a bunch  of experienced  forumites, saying if it was  intentional or not.

And if those forumites consider it was intentional and the person deserves a punishment like 1 day ban and so on, one of the forum mods  forwards  the replay to WG where the replay  is watched and then judged, and the correct punishment is passed on considering what x,y,z did.

The automatic system does work in some cases, but plenty of times it does no..and   there are plenty of very "special people" who like to abuse it and lob a FV 183 hesh round in someone from time to time, or a Grille He round and still  stay under the radar and not get punished for intentional team damage, team killing and so on.

I'm really starting to get annoyed, intentional  team kill and team damage  from my humble experience  has gone up to a pretty high level since patch 1.0 came on.

I know it's not a perfect solution, but it's something that can work against those who know how the system works and like to abuse it from time to time while ruining other players gaming experience.

Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38247 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

MM talking aboot toxic gameplay?

Have a watch of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raXuYVi8Wdk

Aboot 10:50ish

Then have a chat to your clan mates aboot toxic gameplay :trollface:

RaxipIx #3 Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29710 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 09 April 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

MM talking aboot toxic gameplay?

Have a watch of this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raXuYVi8Wdk

Aboot 10:50ish

Then have a chat to your clan mates aboot toxic gameplay :trollface:

You will have to be more specific, because i watched the video and saw nobody from MM in it,i might have missed something. But in all honesty it does not matter who does it and from what clan, intentional team damage or team killing and  other garbage moves  should be punished.

Spurtung #4 Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:32 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 62882 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

I like this idea, about time the old 'name and shame' goes out the window.

You do crap, get judged by your peers, get punished by the game. Fail to follow basic rules and we'll wave goodbye.

m1x_angelico #5 Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22295 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Not bad as an idea.

I have an additional one.

When someone shoots you, you get an small inconspicuous window open at the bottom right corner that has the options for punishment that the player can choose: e.g. 1. Forgive, 2. Do the same damage to that player etc. You have to click CTRL to click on the window to choose one option.

If the player does damage to you again you get additional options - 3. Kill tank, 4. Repeatedly set on fire, etc.

If you get even more damage you get the option 5. Ban the player for 1 hour, etc.

This way, the players themselves can moderate the punishment and dispense justice to the offenders.

This would not solve all the issues (pushing out of the bush, tracking on purpose, going under strv on purpose, etc.), but would solve some (getting ganked by a platoon, getting killed or getting massive damage from one shot from TDs, shooting between platoon mates/teammates for fun)

jabster #6 Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostRaxipIx, on 09 April 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

You will have to be more specific, because i watched the video and saw nobody from MM in it,i might have missed something. But in all honesty it does not matter who does it and from what clan, intentional team damage or team killing and  other garbage moves  should be punished.

Alt accounts are a thing you know.

PhooBar #7 Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:31 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18748 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

WG has already got the answer in WoWS.

If you shoot a team-mate, the damage comes out of your HP.

That sounds like a perfect solution.

No idea how to properly deal with pushing out, blocking and so forth.

Anytime you have arseholes, there will be shite.

250swb #8 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:26 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22166 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRaxipIx, on 09 April 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

Then that replay can be judged by i don't know maybe  a bunch  of experienced  forumites, saying if it was  intentional or not.

And how would they know if it wasn't intentional? You'd just create a new breed of scumbag adept at making tk'ing look accidental. Are this panel going to have access to the players previous punishment history in WOT, surely this is relevant but it's a personal matter between WG and the player. And if punishment is being handed out don't you think having a vested interest in playing the game would sway their judgement? You think you are going to get a panel of fair forumites that don't have their own opinions about arty, or maybe a grudge against a clan, a chip on their shoulder because a camping light tank made them look stupid? 

Jigabachi #9 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Won't happen, because it would require lots of effort from WG's side.
Also shouldn't happen because it could create a lot of abuse. The naming and shaming rule is there for a reason...

Simeon85 #10 Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Postjabster, on 10 April 2018 - 12:23 AM, said:

Alt accounts are a thing you know.

So are unsubstantiated accusations. 

NoobySkooby #11 Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 12226 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostRaxipIx, on 09 April 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

Sure it should be punished, either with a warning shot 'across the bows' so to speak or one tiny ding (if this should happen to you) or complete destruction if the practice carries on. Who hasn't been pushed or rammed deliberately in game before? I have I try to ignore it but if they continue to be an [edited], then I unload, why should these troll get away with it?

spuriousmonkey #12 Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:17 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 43678 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostPhooBar, on 10 April 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

that would be brilliant. Just remember all those arties splashing you because you are in a one-on-one fight with some enemy tank. And you are winning easily. Then you got wrecked and stunned by your own arty.

So also please add the stunning effect to the karma punishment,.

Simeon85 #13 Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

The issue I would see about this is obviously the obvious stuff like the blocking, team damage etc. is all fine, but any of the hackusations or cheating accusations, the playerbase has consistently shown to be completely clueless at recognising these and that would probably be the most common use of such a tool or thread.

If we had the thing that CS has or a thread like this, it would be chock full of replays from tomatoes accusing people of using cheats because of their own ignorance of the game mechanics. 

Wotlabs has a 'name and shame' thread that has been running for years, it's a good place to vent after getting impacted by these trolls and griefers. I have no idea what good the 'no name and shame' policy on this thread is doing, I think if you have evidence of deliberate TKing, blocking etc. then you should be allowed to post that and make the community aware of these players. 

Edited by Simeon85, 10 April 2018 - 09:59 AM.

tumppi776 #14 Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 42498 battles

View PostRaxipIx, on 09 April 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

So, i don't know if this can work in WOT, but in other games like for ex cs, and other games i played  it had a rather high  success.

Basically what i propose is a thread, where people who feel they where  TK-D, hit by allies, pushed out of cover,griefed in anyway  etc can post a replay.

And if those forumites consider it was intentional and the person deserves a punishment like 1 day ban and so on, one of the forum mods  forwards  the replay to WG where the replay  is watched and then judged, and the correct punishment is passed on considering what x,y,z did.

The automatic system does work in some cases, but plenty of times it does no..and   there are plenty of very "special people" who like to abuse it and lob a FV 183 hesh round in someone from time to time, or a Grille He round and still  stay under the radar and not get punished for intentional team damage, team killing and so on.

I'm really starting to get annoyed, intentional  team kill and team damage  from my humble experience  has gone up to a pretty high level since patch 1.0 came on.

I know it's not a perfect solution, but it's something that can work against those who know how the system works and like to abuse it from time to time while ruining other players gaming experience.

Or no. Its MM working as intended. Ppl getting frustrated being botton tier 90% of time.

Or just disable team dmg.

Erwin_Von_Braun #15 Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38247 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostRaxipIx, on 09 April 2018 - 09:29 PM, said:

I'm afraid that would be in violation of the forum rules, and I wouldn't want to get myself banned:(

jabster #16 Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12535 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 10 April 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

I'm afraid that would be in violation of the forum rules, and I wouldn't want to get myself banned:(

Would it be against the forum rules to point out posts in a certain clan recruitment thread?

Wrinkly #17 Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 45411 battles

View PostWrinkly, on 07 April 2018 - 10:12 PM, said:

What is WOT like to play? Firday morning 09:06, 09:26 and 09:43. I didn't realise how special the E3 was until I watched the replay.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4283659#mines-wrinkly-grille_15
http://wotreplays.eu/site/4283667#arctic_region-wrinkly-grille_15
http://wotreplays.eu/site/4283670#ruinberg-wrinkly-amx_50_foch_155

In all my games I have not shot more than 10, definately not more than 15 team members.

m1x_angelico #18 Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22295 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO
I would just leave the option to forgive the damage dealer and set this as a default auto option if you choose to disregard the damage and continue your match.

Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38247 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 10 April 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

Would it be against the forum rules to point out posts in a certain clan recruitment thread?

Now that, my good man, is a damn fine idea.

Do you want to do the honours?

Bordhaw #20 Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11379 battles

View PostPhooBar, on 10 April 2018 - 04:31 AM, said:

:medal:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users