Erlenberg and possible idea

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34798 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3

so erlenberg, not a good map and this replay is a perfect example of how it encourages bad play.  Now I accept this team was dire but the map encourages this sort of thinking

http://wotreplays.eu...-f2pexp-t-34-85

issue with this is far too much cover at back and by making the game purely a corner battle does not encourage players to defend 'out'.  Old erlenberg was campy and I believe the map with most draws in game but this is so much worse

1 idea that could work is a random river route

make the map template with no river, then create 3 or 4 river routes as an overlay and randomly add one of those overlays to each battle, instantly get changes to each game

Strappster #2 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:50 AM

General

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Or you could wait for players to get used to the changes and a meta to develop. In the meantime you could try using your super-duper player skill to farm the equally clueless players on the other team.

You might want to land more than two shots if you do that though.

gunslingerXXX #3 Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9920 battles

Just remove the map.

Was a campfest, still is a campfest.

I just drive to the middle, shoot a few rounds, die and start the next game. I have limited time to play tanks and I refuse to spend it sitting in a bush for 15 minutes waiting for someone to shoot.

Excavatus #4 Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18865 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The current map is better than the old one.

But in my limited experience, I believe the map is currently favors the North spawn..

they get to the castle more easily and safely..

and If they dont push like morons.. after taking the castle.. they most likely to win..

LordMuffin #5 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:23 AM

General

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Map is way worse then before. It went from bad to terrible.

The camping positions are even stronger then before (by quite alot).
And now you don't even have to push one side to win. You can happily just sit in one corner of the map and have full control over Cap circle and any advances to it.

Also, pushing is more or less impossible of the other team has some small amount of skill.

Now this is helped by the fact that most players lack this small amount of skill.

Simeon85 #6 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1097 battles

IMO every maps should have all cover and elevation spots removed from the map squares adjacent to the red line. That section should be completely flat and completely open, so if you want to literally camp at the farthest back you can be, you gain nothing from it. 

Those stupid camping spots just encourage the worst gameplay where on most maps it's pointless winning your flank or mid map spot because progressing any further from there just puts you in open ground in front of campers who despite having done nothing for it magically have a way better position than you do. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users