Jump to content


Nice change i only just noticed


  • Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

_Anarchistic_ #1 Posted 10 April 2018 - 06:58 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34798 battles
  • 1,027
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

on my experimental free play account I have my 500 gold from training session which I been using exclusively to demount equipment but I have just noticed that now you can sell the equipment instead of destroying it which makes a huge difference for a free to play player.  I have no idea when this was done but GG WG

 

nice touch WG and credit where credit is due



HQ65 #2 Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:11 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27569 battles
  • 473
  • [CMERC] CMERC
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 10 April 2018 - 05:58 AM, said:

on my experimental free play account I have my 500 gold from training session which I been using exclusively to demount equipment but I have just noticed that now you can sell the equipment instead of destroying it which makes a huge difference for a free to play player.  I have no idea when this was done but GG WG

 

nice touch WG and credit where credit is due

 

As far as I know, you could always sell equipment, but the silver you get is only 50% of the original cost.

Baldrickk #3 Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:17 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29047 battles
  • 12,883
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostHQ65, on 10 April 2018 - 07:11 AM, said:

 

As far as I know, you could always sell equipment, but the silver you get is only 50% of the original cost.

You could sell it when you sold the tank. 

Just destroying it (say to replace with something else) gave no credits iirc.



HQ65 #4 Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:22 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27569 battles
  • 473
  • [CMERC] CMERC
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

Just made a calculation for you.

2500 Gold costs €10

It costs 10 Gold to Demount Equipment

10 Gold would equal .04 €

If you buy Silver 10 Gold would get you 4000 Silver in game.

Sell equipment that costs 500,000 Silver means it costs you  €2,50.

If you don't mind grinding out the 250,000 Silver again, then of course this is no problem :)

 

Granted, if you have no gold, then this is not an option, so it is nice to a choice.

 

 

 

View PostBaldrickk, on 10 April 2018 - 06:17 AM, said:

You could sell it when you sold the tank. 

Just destroying it (say to replace with something else) gave no credits iirc.

 

Maybe you are right, don't know how it was in the beginning anymore.

 

Just looked at your signature.....Bragging is one of the worst habits or trait a person can have, there are numerous places where you could get help with that problem of yours.


 

Geno1isme #5 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:10 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 40053 battles
  • 6,619
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostHQ65, on 10 April 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Just made a calculation for you.

2500 Gold costs €10

It costs 10 Gold to Demount Equipment

10 Gold would equal .04 €

If you buy Silver 10 Gold would get you 4000 Silver in game.

Sell equipment that costs 500,000 Silver means it costs you  €2,50.

If you don't mind grinding out the 250,000 Silver again, then of course this is no problem :)

 

Or you buy equipment at 50% discount and sell without discount so you're not loosing anything :coin:

Of course that requires quite a bit of discipline and good timing of equipment sales. And some credit buffer to buy equipment en masse during discounts.



HQ65 #6 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:19 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27569 battles
  • 473
  • [CMERC] CMERC
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostGeno1isme, on 10 April 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

 

Or you buy equipment at 50% discount and sell without discount so you're not loosing anything :coin:

Of course that requires quite a bit of discipline and good timing of equipment sales. And some credit buffer to buy equipment en masse during discounts.

 

Yes, you can do that, but why?  If you buy equipment that you probably may need because it is on sale is OK, (I have). I would never buy equipment that I was going to sell. In my opinion, it is never necessary to sell equipment, However, I could see when it is necessary to sell when you don't have any gold. But serioulsy, if you are lacking the gold, then it is just as plausible to destroy the equipment, and lose all the silver, not costing you any real money at all.

Orkbert #7 Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24671 battles
  • 1,480
  • Member since:
    08-29-2013

Well, on a tierI or II tank it surely is the better choice to simply sell the tank and all complex equipment on it (of course remember to put the crew into the barracks and not accidentally dismissing them too) and then buy back that tank and install new equipment than simply destroying the old stuff.

 

For tierIII and IV it depends on how much equipment you wanna change and how expensive it is. As a rule of thumb, that tactic is most likely still viable with tierIII but not for tierIV (unless you want to change at least two complex equipment on it and those cost half a million each or so)



Emeraldweed #8 Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:15 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6098 battles
  • 724
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostHQ65, on 10 April 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

 

Maybe you are right, don't know how it was in the beginning anymore.

 

Just looked at your signature.....Bragging is one of the worst habits or trait a person can have, there are numerous places where you could get help with that problem of yours.

 

He earned the right to brag, now earn yours



HQ65 #9 Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27569 battles
  • 473
  • [CMERC] CMERC
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostEmeraldweed, on 10 April 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

 

He earned the right to brag, now earn yours

 

LOL, 

 

You miss the point...

 

Being good is not bad, bragging about it is. Braggers have a character weakness and this weakness shows itself when they feel the need to brag about things. This compensates for their inferiority complex , thus making them feel better about themselves.

 

By the way, the worst sort of bragging is when one draws attention to themselves by accomplishments they have made. Just a question for you.  If you win a gold medal in the olympics, would you wear it around town?

 



Emeraldweed #10 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6098 battles
  • 724
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostHQ65, on 10 April 2018 - 12:52 PM, said:

 

LOL, 

 

You miss the point...

 

Being good is not bad, bragging about it is. Braggers have a character weakness and this weakness shows itself when they feel the need to brag about things. This compensates for their inferiority complex , thus making them feel better about themselves.

 

By the way, the worst sort of bragging is when one draws attention to themselves by accomplishments they have made. Just a question for you.  If you win a gold medal in the olympics, would you wear it around town?

 

no but  here on the forums  it shows  where someone is coming from. ie if i ask tips for leo 1 on the forums i will pay more attention to the guy with 3marks/high wn8-winrate on that tank, signatures help filtering them out early. 

 

If you spent time  earning good stats/marks/tanks/we you earn the right to brag/show it.  and btw he didnt brag at all, you are the one who makes a fuss about it out of thin air



HQ65 #11 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27569 battles
  • 473
  • [CMERC] CMERC
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostEmeraldweed, on 10 April 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

no but  here on the forums  it shows  where someone is coming from. ie if i ask tips for leo 1 on the forums i will pay more attention to the guy with 3marks/high wn8-winrate on that tank, signatures help filtering them out early. 

 

If you spent time  earning good stats/marks/tanks/we you earn the right to brag/show it.  and btw he didnt brag at all, you are the one who makes a fuss about it out of thin air

 

Like I said, earning the right to brag is not bad, it's the bragging that is bad. And come on, get serious, posting a good battle result is one thing only, it is bragging. What makes any success even better, is knowing how to keep you mouth shut about it.

Baldrickk #12 Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29047 battles
  • 12,883
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

 

Hmm. Maybe I should get rid of that top 200 (ok it's degraded to about #246 since then) XP score on the entire EU server because I obviously am not allowed to be proud of that?

 

Maybe I should remove my stats sig from the spoiler too.

 

Oh and while I think about it, I really should update my Sig.  The garage is out of date, and maybe I should replace the hellcat game badge with something else?

What about the Top gun, High Calibre, Radley Walters, Ace tanker game from this weekend in my ARL V39?

 

All of that is immaterial though, like the comment above calling me out for my forum signature and not something I have said here, it is completely off topic.

 

Sorry OP



Balc0ra #13 Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62806 battles
  • 14,417
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 10 April 2018 - 06:58 AM, said:

on my experimental free play account I have my 500 gold from training session which I been using exclusively to demount equipment but I have just noticed that now you can sell the equipment instead of destroying it which makes a huge difference for a free to play player.  I have no idea when this was done but GG WG

 

nice touch WG and credit where credit is due

 

I would say about 7 years ago? It was always like that. Tho you still can't sell it when you demount it from the tank. Then destroy or demount for gold is the only two options. You can only sell it if you sell the tank it's on.



Emeraldweed #14 Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6098 battles
  • 724
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostBaldrickk, on 10 April 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

 

Hmm. Maybe I should get rid of that top 200 (ok it's degraded to about #246 since then) XP score on the entire EU server because I obviously am not allowed to be proud of that?

 

Maybe I should remove my stats sig from the spoiler too.

 

Oh and while I think about it, I really should update my Sig.  The garage is out of date, and maybe I should replace the hellcat game badge with something else?

What about the Top gun, High Calibre, Radley Walters, Ace tanker game from this weekend in my ARL V39?

 

All of that is immaterial though, like the comment above calling me out for my forum signature and not something I have said here, it is completely off topic.

 

Sorry OP

 

I tried to bait him into commenting on my sig ( thats full of links of my 3marks) but he didn't bite.... he's on you bro !

250swb #15 Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:55 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20795 battles
  • 4,590
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostHQ65, on 10 April 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

 Braggers have a character weakness and this weakness shows itself when they feel the need to brag about things. This compensates for their inferiority complex , thus making them feel better about themselves.

 

 

A character weakness is also shown when a person injects their own kitchen sink psychiatry into an innocent signature and comes to the wrong conclusion. There is nothing wrong with players being proud of achievements and goals, it's the counter argument to weak minded liberal dogma that says everybody should 'win' in both games and life, and that competition is bad. Trying to imply a proud signature showing good stats is 'bragging' is the perfect example of a lax liberal attitude of the sort that has kids leaving school thinking they are entitled to anything they want from society, and whining when they find they have to work for their comforts. This is why so many claim to 'just play for fun' when defending poor stats, a socially engineered disguise for under achievement and low personal expectations.


Edited by 250swb, 10 April 2018 - 01:03 PM.


HQ65 #16 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:02 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27569 battles
  • 473
  • [CMERC] CMERC
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View Post250swb, on 10 April 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

 

A character weakness is also shown when a person injects their own kitchen sink psychiatry into an innocent signature and comes to the wrong conclusion. There is nothing wrong with players being proud of achievements and goals, it's the counter argument to weak minded liberal dogma that says everybody should 'win' in both games and life, and that competition is bad. Trying to imply a proud signature showing good stats is 'bragging' is the perfect example of a lax liberal attitude of the sort that has kids leaving school thinking they are entitled to anything they want from society, and whining when they find they have to work for their comforts. 

 

Did you comb your hair today Mr. Trump.

250swb #17 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:09 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 20795 battles
  • 4,590
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View PostHQ65, on 10 April 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

 

Did you comb your hair today Mr. Trump.

 

There you go jumping to your conclusions again, anybody who disagrees with a weak liberal attitude must therefore be right-wing. But it could just be a liberal fed up with the namby-pamby excuses and encouragements trotted out for having no pride.

____Green____ #18 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 15061 battles
  • 73
  • [L-G-N] L-G-N
  • Member since:
    01-12-2014

View Post_Anarchistic_, on 10 April 2018 - 07:58 AM, said:

on my experimental free play account I have my 500 gold from training session which I been using exclusively to demount equipment but I have just noticed that now you can sell the equipment instead of destroying it which makes a huge difference for a free to play player.  I have no idea when this was done but GG WG

 

nice touch WG and credit where credit is due

 

Play wargames every week (clan event) and get some free gold. Two teams from clan can easy reach top places to earn some gold and clan reserves. 200-400 gold + game credits for three hours of fun clan activity is nice bonus. Play CW and earn gold for clan, if u need swtich some modules, ask commander for some compensation for cw activity. Thats how it works. EzPz. 

Equipment selling feeture is in game at least 5 years :D


Edited by ____Green____, 10 April 2018 - 01:36 PM.


JocMeister #19 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20592 battles
  • 1,611
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

View PostHQ65, on 10 April 2018 - 07:22 AM, said:

Just looked at your signature.....Bragging is one of the worst habits or trait a person can have, there are numerous places where you could get help with that problem of yours.

 

Bragging > Envy. 



HQ65 #20 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27569 battles
  • 473
  • [CMERC] CMERC
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View Post250swb, on 10 April 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

 

There you go jumping to your conclusions again, anybody who disagrees with a weak liberal attitude must therefore be right-wing. But it could just be a liberal fed up with the namby-pamby excuses and encouragements trotted out for having no pride.

 

LOL.....hope I didn't hurt your feelings....Been called a lot fo things in my life, but definitely never a liberal.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users