XP for spotting

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

flashbarts #1 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42441 battles

...I suppose this is more aimed at lights, but spotting is not just the sole responsibility of lights obviously :-)

I feel that there isn't enough XP given for games when you don't do huge damage but do contribute hugely by generating spotting damage.

for instance, i just got a scout medal, 4k spotting damage but only 300 dmg and got 600 odd XP

When i died the score was 7-0 mainly  because of my scouting, so imo a big contribution was made

Think it needs more recognition for XP generation

Might encourage lights to not suicide as well :-)

Thoughts ?

Brownape #2 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7680 battles

You do actually get a lot of exp for spotting, indeed the same as damage (assuming another tank spotted the enemy you are damaging). However we have to remember that the MM changed for lights and, I assume, they didn't alter the exp calc for them; therefore yes you are getting less than you used to on average due to the lower tiered multiplier.

I see a lot less light suiciding now than I used too but the problem is WN8 epeen and not a WG one. Players still want damage over assisted. WG have even added assisted to the API but the difficulties remain that you can't break down that metric and have a valuable epeen due to historical business. Thankfully I think more players, generally, care about winning than stats nowadays (hence seeing less suicides or passive lights shooting)

Edited by Brownape, 10 April 2018 - 02:23 PM.

HQ65 #3 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29527 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC
I thought if you are spotting the dmg, then you get 50% of the credits and the one doing the dmg gets the other 50%? Maybe the lights should split the reload cost with the one doing the dmg? :)

K_A #4 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13641 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Scout medal doesn't mean anything other than you were the first to see the enemies. Patrol Duty is the better medal, that one you can only get if your team actually damages the tanks you're spotting. That's also what gives you XP, initial spots are worth very little.

Renesco #5 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21319 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD
I always prioritise view range on most of my tanks, especially ones that have a high natural range like Tiger 131.

Geno1isme #6 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42710 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostBrownape, on 10 April 2018 - 03:19 PM, said:

You do actually get a lot of exp for spotting, indeed the same as damage (assuming another tank spotted the enemy you are damaging). However we have to remember that the MM changed for lights and, I assume, they didn't alter the exp calc for them; therefore yes you are getting less than you used to on average due to the lower tiered multiplier.

The nasty detail with spotting XP is that you get 50% of the XP the shooter gets. This includes all the modifiers like tier differences of shooter and target or close combat bonus (ofc that one rarely plays a role in this context).

So if you're spotting low-tier targets that are then sniped by your top-tier TDs you're getting less XP than if you're spotting top-tier targets that are shot by your low-tier tanks. Your own tier doesn't matter in that context.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users