• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Uncrow #1 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:27 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27920 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Dear Community,

It has come to my attention that people are useing Exploits to make their way to 3 Marks of Excellence,

Here are 2 examples I have found, It came to my attention today when Wargaming added the Super Conq to the Leaderboards.

Due to Wargamings rules, the names will be crossed out.

The two players In Question have almost no Hero medals with their impressive stats, Super Conq has 1 Fadins medal and Max achieved kills is a measly 7

the 430U has 1 Radley and 1 Pascucci Medal.

Scarlet.jpgSkrzy.jpg

2 ways I see It's possible Is Late/Early multiple platoons with Voice chat where you can tell the other platoon where to shoot for Damage farming.

Enemy platoon drives into positions tell the enemy which bushes they sit and then they can just blind shoot for Damage.

Team Battles with 2 Teams that just boost up 1 player for 3 Marking and taking turns killing

Kind Regards

Uncrow

Edited by Uncrow, 13 April 2018 - 06:28 PM.

Dava_117 #2 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19859 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It's wrong, IMO, that people tryhard for gunmarks. So, if they can use tank company instaed of random to do so, it's better for random gameplay.

Also thake into account that gunmarks are based only on damage and assist. 

I 3MoE my T-150, and in avarage I kill less than 2 enemy per battle. So high caliber it's probably a better indicator. But, while in tier 6 getting high caliber is easy, in tier 10 is not because of the big ammount of hitpoints in tier 10 battles.

Edited by Dava_117, 10 April 2018 - 03:38 PM.

Simeon85 #3 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostUncrow, on 10 April 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Dear Community,

It has come to my attention that people are useing Exploits to make their way to 3 Marks of Excellence,

Here are 2 examples I have found, It came to my attention today when Wargaming added the Super Conq to the Leaderboards.

The two players In Question have almost no Hero medals with their impressive stats, Super Conq has 1 Fadins medal and Max achieved kills is a measly 7

Scarlet.jpgSkrzy.jpg

Kind Regards

Uncrow

What are you suggesting they are actually doing?

Like counting into battles late at night or something? 

Uncrow #4 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27920 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostSimeon85, on 10 April 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Only way It's possible Is Late/Early multiple platoons with Voice chat where you can tell the other platoon where to shoot for Damage farming.

Enemy platoon drives into positions tell the enemy which bushes they sit and then they can just blind shoot for Damage.

mortalsatsuma #5 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13286 battles

Dear Community,

Scarlet.jpgSkrzy.jpg

Kind Regards

Uncrow

It's probably just me being an idiot but I don't see what you're suggesting they're actually doing that's exploitative. Would you be able to elaborate on why you think they're exploiting things? 

fighting_falcon93 #6 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31424 battles

people are useing Exploits to make their way to 3 Marks of Excellence

Isn't this thread a bit pointless if you refrain from explaining what they actually do? :unsure:

Don't get me wrong, I don't want you to explain how they do it so that I can do it myself, because I would never be proud of 3 marks that I know in my head that I didn't earn fair and square. But it would help us honest players to more easily detect when clowns are doing this.

EDIT:

Only way I see It's possible Is Late/Early multiple platoons with Voice chat where you can tell the other platoon where to shoot for Damage farming.

I see. What I amazes me the most is that 3 other dudes are fine with having like 20-30 games completely ruined just to help their loser friend to get his marks :amazed:

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up. If I see any of this behaviour ingame (I often play quite late) I will make sure to report it to support :great:

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 10 April 2018 - 03:54 PM.

Strappster #7 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

General

• Player
  • 24898 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSimeon85, on 10 April 2018 - 02:42 PM, said:

Yeah, I'm lost too. I don't want details of an exploit published on the forum but I've no idea what the issue is here. :unsure:

Brownape #8 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7680 battles

The SQ seems fine TBH. its the near 3k assisted on the 430u that smacks of weirdness

Simeon85 #9 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostUncrow, on 10 April 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Only way It's possible Is Late/Early multiple platoons with Voice chat where you can tell the other platoon where to shoot for Damage farming.

Ok so like how people cheated the Obj. 260 missions. 

Difficult to prove though without them actually being caught doing it, I mean form their other tanks there they look like solid players and their WRs are very high in those tanks, though I will agree averaging like 5.5k damage is something only a handful of players in this game are able to do. 

I mean the 430U is more suspect looking than the Super Conqe, 5.5k damage per game, with 2.8k assistance (which is more than some of the best tier 10 light players can manage) and a 72% survival rate. 

Those numbers are basically too good and super fishy I will agree. 

Edited by Simeon85, 10 April 2018 - 03:53 PM.

HundeWurst #10 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70102 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostSimeon85, on 10 April 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

What they are doing is to platoon up with 2 other guys. These others only job is to help the guy in the tank which is to be marked to get damage in, as assist damage for that matter.

So yeah in a way that cheating the system. Well WG could put an end to that in a heartbeat and only make solo games count towards the mark. But that aint gonna happen anytime soon.

So you will sometimes see a vastly inflated mark. Well OP maybe go and asked them for some replays. I doubt they will be able to provide them or are willing to share.

Simeon85 #11 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostWunderWurst, on 10 April 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

What they are doing is to platoon up with 2 other guys. These others only job is to help the guy in the tank which is to be marked to get damage in, as assist damage for that matter.

So yeah in a way that cheating the system. Well WG could put an end to that in a heartbeat and only make solo games count towards the mark. But that aint gonna happen anytime soon.

So you will sometimes see a vastly inflated mark. Well OP maybe go and asked them for some replays. I doubt they will be able to provide them or are willing to share.

Didn't skill basically do that for a few of his harder 3 marks though? 

What the OP seems to be suggesting is more the people counting into platoons on the other team and letting themselves be farmed. 

fighting_falcon93 #12 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31424 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 10 April 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

Yep, I actually watched one of the streams. Sure, it's not cheating so what can we do about it, but me personally would not be proud of a mark that someone else helped me to get :mellow:

bstb3 #13 Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39222 battles
  • [VBRJ] VBRJ

Isn't it always going to be the case, when something with some 'value' attached to it is hard to achieve? There will always be those sad cases who want to cheat the system to try and get something they couldn't get otherwise. Same with the T-22,  same with the 260 and so on. 

To be honest, it just makes a fool of them when they have the marks, or the rare tank, then play like plums in it when no one is helping them. A strange way to want to be, but hard to see quite how its a problem for others unless its a game breaking exploit or op reward (pre nerf t-22 for example). I suppose technically it might be making it slightly harder for genuine 3 mark attempts, but otherwise its just people kidding themselves they are talented and will soon get found out.

Etre_ #14 Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52679 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View PostSimeon85, on 10 April 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

What the OP seems to be suggesting is more the people counting into platoons on the other team and letting themselves be farmed. 

Skill did that (platoon with other 2 guys to act as meat shields or provide assist) and also straight cheated. He had another guy playing the same tank doing like 1 shot worth of damage per game. Confronted with that he defended himself saying that some other good player was playing the same tank as him. He also seem quite oblivious and behaves naturally when it comes to cheating .... like "what's the problem, if you aren't caught there is no fault and if you are caught just ignore it"

Never watched him after that.

As for the guy OP mentioned ... those numbers are fishy indeed. He might platoon with people to help him and even do what people did for OBJ 260, queue on count and farm damage if on opposite teams.

HundeWurst #15 Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70102 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostEtre_, on 10 April 2018 - 04:32 PM, said:

Skill did that (platoon with other 2 guys to act as meat shields or provide assist) and also straight cheated. He had another guy playing the same tank doing like 1 shot worth of damage per game. Confronted with that he defended himself saying that some other good player was playing the same tank as him. He also seem quite oblivious and behaves naturally when it comes to cheating .... like "what's the problem, if you aren't caught there is no fault and if you are caught just ignore it"

Never watched him after that.

As for the guy OP mentioned ... those numbers are fishy indeed. He might platoon with people to help him and even do what people did for OBJ 260, queue on count and farm damage if on opposite teams.

I doubt though that skill had knowledge of that other guy. As far as I know he never instructed anyone to do something like that.

Etre_ #16 Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52679 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View PostWunderWurst, on 10 April 2018 - 04:46 PM, said:

I doubt though that skill had knowledge of that other guy. As far as I know he never instructed anyone to do something like that.

The guy was same clan as him or one of his mods, I'm not remembering exactly. Just that the connection was there for everyone to see. 

Edit: here

I was live on stream at the time and I can confirm. He was asked about it and basically said "what's the problem ? why is another good player playing the tank?"

Edited by Etre_, 10 April 2018 - 04:59 PM.

SlyMeerkat #17 Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 16621 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I dont play for Marks so i no need to exploit it lol

HundeWurst #18 Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70102 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostEtre_, on 10 April 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

The guy was same clan as him or one of his mods, I'm not remembering exactly. Just that the connection was there for everyone to see. 

Edit: here

I was live on stream at the time and I can confirm. He was asked about it and basically said "what's the problem ? why is another good player playing the tank?"

I remember this thread from back then... And while I really dont like the actions skill4ltu has taken to get these rare marks I still feel like to defend him. He most likely did not order anyone to take such actions. It would have been great from him if he would have condemmed these actions live on stream!? Maybe he even did that?

Then again. This is in the past, no real point crying about things which cannot be changed and or are just to unsignificant to argue about...

Strappster #19 Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 24898 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Ah, I think I see now. Someone who platoons with others in order to get his three marks is bad whereas someone who platoons with others in order to play together and happens to mention they're working on marks and their friends pick complimentary tanks to support him is fine.

Thanks for clearing that up. :great:

Etre_ #20 Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52679 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View PostWunderWurst, on 10 April 2018 - 05:02 PM, said:

I remember this thread from back then... And while I really dont like the actions skill4ltu has taken to get these rare marks I still feel like to defend him. He most likely did not order anyone to take such actions. It would have been great from him if he would have condemmed these actions live on stream!? Maybe he even did that?

Then again. This is in the past, no real point crying about things which cannot be changed and or are just to unsignificant to argue about...

I disagree. Everything is insignificant in the grand scheme of things and  everything is significant down at the personal level.
If this game was so meaningless for us, we won't have chosen to spend time in it (what ever the individual reasons). And if someone is cheating on what otherwise is a fair competition, at least we can show our disapproval. 

Second, this "crying" meme is really for the kids.

Edited by Etre_, 10 April 2018 - 05:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users