Taming the Stallion: Progetto M35 mod 46 is Ready to Fight

• Please log in to reply
917 replies to this topic

Kandly #901 Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 695 battles
Update: It expires on May 3rd at 00:30 UTC / 02:30 AM CEST to be exact :)

Whispard #902 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 443 battles

I am a pretty new player and don't have tier 10's on account yet, so was doing event the hard way. Marathon was as motivation to start playing this game again after a break.

Planned to reach 70% discount yesterday, but server fell and never returned. So I had no ways to reach for what I aimed. Dissapointed enough to not buy this tank at all at this point. We really need extra day, or at least compensation like latest mission you was on to be set as complited, with those extra 10% that it gives.

Edited by Whispard, 27 April 2018 - 02:09 PM.

Kozak_1980 #903 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15307 battles
The most disappointing action.

VizirUK #904 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11994 battles

View PostWhispard, on 27 April 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

I am a pretty new player and don't have tier 10's on account yet, so was doing event the hard way. Marathon was as motivation to start playing this game again after a break.

Planned to reach 70% discount yesterday, but server fell and never returned. So I had no ways to reach for what I aimed. Dissapointed enough to not buy this tank at all at this point. We really need extra day, or at least compensation like latest mission you was on to be set as complited, with those extra 10% that it gives.

Not only 1 day.  One week is needed to complete till end, if you reached 70%. and you need to play a lot!

- Last 3 stages are roughly (150k XP) - are the same amount XP that you have made until 7th stage. (160k XP)
So whole event should be enabled until 3rd of May.

But WG wont do it, because they don't have respect for their player base on the first place, intention was never to enable players to get it, but to trick us, so we give them money, for what they knew we cannot accomplish.

TijgernootTank #905 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44697 battles
  • [TOURN] TOURN

The servers crashing was a fitting end to an event that was more or less designed to be a slap in the face anyway .

The communications about it and the actions not taken to compensate is not suprising anymore .

Rammste1ner #906 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30367 battles

I don't agree with the WG's decision to set short time deadline for discount (or set deadline at all). No logic, they simply don't want to take the money. But decisions have to be respected.....gg wp case closed

(But also,I can assure you that I won't pay full price even if am in front of a firing squad...... since 0 is better than 1k according to WG, so be it)

Edited by Rammste1ner, 27 April 2018 - 02:49 PM.

CroustibatFR #907 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23297 battles

View PostWhispard, on 27 April 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

I second that.

I was missing around 3K xp before reaching the next stage, when the servers hanged. I believe either adding half a day (since an evening was lost, add another evening) or completing the next stage would be adequate.

While i have to admit the 1.0 version left the speechless and i want to reward WG for making such a game, i also have to say you guys know how to make money (making money is not a bad thing imho, that game would not exist if you did not). The 10 steps discount is a brilliant plan, a lot of people will reach stage 4/5 and pay for the tank package when they would never have even considered buying a tank before. Make that tank a limited time only edition with limited MM and voila, money hand over fist.

Now, I missed the opportunity to get another 10% discount step. I would have reached it in less than a couple or hours when the servers crashed. While that 10% more discount translates into mere pocket change, the feeling is that i should be allowed to get that step, either directly given, or by extending the event duration, since without that unavailability on the last evening, i would have been able to reach it. Since it crashed during the evening, give another evening. If not it really feels like I have been hooked and now tricked in spending 10% more.

I have principles, one of them being that i should compensate customers when I am responsible for a problem. I expect the same from "anyone", WG included.

That feeling kind of poisons the "pleasure" one can get when buying something using a discount that was earned. I planned to buy the discounted tank today when coming back home, like many other players i guess. 2days premium right for the week end, credits, new tonk, that would have been great. Now i am not so sure about it, the "greatness feeling" disappeared.

I believe a lot of people feel that too.

Now the problem is to compensate for the people who already bought it since yesterday.

So, what I think is right is either validate the next step of people who could make it in time (or the next step of everyone to avoid pesky reactions), and give 2.9€ worth of gold (that is ~10% discount step...) to people who bought the tank since yesterday. I'd say it is pretty fair AND it will maximise WG income.

Or go greedy and only give the step or the gold to people complaining. While this should net more money, it would also hurt reputation.

Edited by CroustibatFR, 27 April 2018 - 03:19 PM.

Whispard #908 Posted 27 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 443 battles

View PostVizirUK, on 27 April 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Not only 1 day.  One week is needed to complete till end, if you reached 70%. and you need to play a lot!

- Last 3 stages are roughly (150k XP) - are the same amount XP that you have made until 7th stage. (160k XP)
So whole event should be enabled until 3rd of May.

But WG wont do it, because they don't have respect for their player base on the first place, intention was never to enable players to get it, but to trick us, so we give them money, for what they knew we cannot accomplish.

Originally I planned to make it down to 80% and buy the rest, but due to work couldn't get that and set my goal to 70% discount and buy it with that. But even that failed yesterday, very upsetting.

TheMiki #909 Posted 27 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16658 battles

View PostKandly, on 27 April 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Hi guys!

We apologize for the connectivity issues you've been experiencing since last night. We are currently looking into how this affected the Italian Challenge event, so we'll be back with more info as soon as we assess the situation.

In the meantime, I have other news. The discounted packages for Italian marathon are extended until May 3rd (the previous end date being April 30th). :great:

OK, at least you understand that there was a problem. So, my question - Should i wait for your response prior buying the tank, or what? And what it would be with all others guys that have bought the tank today already, before you sent this message? Don't you think that it was a late response from WG side? I was on 8-9k to 60%, but i wasn't able to farm it since the servers are down, i would love to have that time back so i can buy it with 60% discount.

Holdes #910 Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18755 battles

View PostKandly, on 27 April 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

Hi Kandly,

I appreciate your feedback, but to be honest this does not solve anything. There was never a problem with buying the bundle, the problem was with grinding the discount. There are a lot of us that failed to reach one of the stages just because the servers were overloaded yesterday. As such, I will not be buying the bundle with the currently earned discount even if the package is available for another month. 

Dr_Blade #911 Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28379 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Yup, a few thousand XP short to finishing a stage, not the final one, but one with pretty sweet rewards and a premium time.

And then the servers are down and can't do that little bit. Not completely happy with that kind of end to the grind.

A few days more to buy the tank for 10% more than it would have been had I been able to finish the stage grind, does not help.

Just give everybody the rewards for the tier they were grinding when the servers crashed, would be a nice happy solution for nice happy people.

RaxipIx #912 Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28436 battles

View PostKandly, on 27 April 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

Too bad i bought the tank  then. I was at stage 8 and was sure not going to make it in time on the original deadline. Well played WG, wel played.

Whispard #913 Posted 28 April 2018 - 07:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 443 battles

View PostRaxipIx, on 28 April 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

Too bad i bought the tank  then. I was at stage 8 and was sure not going to make it in time on the original deadline. Well played WG, wel played.

They didn't extend the event, they merely extended time of sales with discount that you got.

SOS808 #914 Posted 28 April 2018 - 06:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 37988 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT
worst challenge ever

the_bloody_fox #915 Posted 30 April 2018 - 08:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7418 battles

And I did not believe that Eu support is worse than NA.

On Thursday evening both servers went down and I finished the Progetto Event with 48000 XP on level 10. In that one hour i could have earned easily the 2k xp needed. 2k to get if for free. I made a ticket to support and they are saying it is none of their business. But who's business is it??? And of course they closed the ticket after lying that  EU1 was working. 

Thank you for contacting us again.

We appreciate your effort in contacting us regarding your concern with the game. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you. Yesterday the EU2 server was down, but now it has been fixed and is playable. However, regarding the Italian tank, we cannot make you any offer as we do not have influence on the premium shop or the game. Please note that the EU1 was working and EU2 server was the only server down.

Edited by the_bloody_fox, 30 April 2018 - 08:15 AM.

piasemouta #916 Posted 30 April 2018 - 10:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9241 battles
  • [BABON] BABON

View Postthe_bloody_fox, on 30 April 2018 - 07:15 AM, said:

And I did not believe that Eu support is worse than NA.

As long as the EU playerbase is still strong, do not expect adequate customer support when it comes to contentious issues, where the fault lies on WG's side. And don't expect to receive any kind of meaningful compensation apart from WG's employees "being sorry" for whatever problems you've run into due to WG's machines not working properly. I could give my own recent examples of having been given templated (non-)answers by WG customer support, but they're not relevant to this thread.

Server pop is the most important factor in the kind of treatment you'll get from WG, since we've all already agreed on the EULA terms, which practically absolve WG from any responsibility for any issues that diminish your gaming experience. They could as well shut down all servers tomorrow and you wouldn't get a nickel back.

Edited by piasemouta, 06 May 2018 - 01:22 AM.

FijObb #917 Posted 03 May 2018 - 11:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 15210 battles
Pros: base xp, fulfil more stages at once
Cons: crazy price for new nation where you need to grind new line to use it as a crew trainer (T25 Pilot was way better), useless bundle (I would accept paying for gold, not for silver, equip or reserves), unreal xp target to reach it for free

SUMMARY: NO. Not even with 70% discount

Holdes #918 Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18755 battles
Wanted to buy the bundle for 70% discount, but server failure on Thursday prevented me to complete the 7th stage. Support also did not help, so in the end less money for you, Wargaming.

Edited by Holdes, 03 May 2018 - 04:29 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users