MM is rigged by Wargaming.

yep totally agree and they are ignoring it

z00ey #582 Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14843 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostaCMiLaN_TZ, on 13 April 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

Does anyone else have the problem of this event not showing up in the Missions - Events tab?

My missions with tier 10 tanks are not counted either. I don not have any mods installed, and Anniversary mission is working just fine.
I have no clue what is going on, as it seems it is working just fine for the majority of playerbase. :amazed:

Same issue, thought there was some bug and today it will be OK, but not.... Anyone????

Snaques #583 Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20176 battles

View Postdjciolos5, on 14 April 2018 - 01:05 PM, said:

Some reasonable (i hope) thoughts about the failures of this Marathon:

1.  it gives a very poor image about the company, when you launch, for your 7th year anniversary,

an event with manifest errors in it, without the minimum check of the text. As you guessed I'm referring notably to the "missing garage" issue and, notably, the different amount of reserves obtained by playing or by paying the tank, which lead to a temporary withdrawal of the offer from the site. 

Without making a fuss about it, it is, objecively, a poor job from WG team. For such errors,

in other companies people would get fired.

2. More important, there is clearly a poorly designed event, as a marathon at least. Why ? Because in a marathon you can have like 5-10-15% runnes who quit. Let's be generous and say 30%.  But you would still have 70% runners finishing it.

Or, by the poor design, it is very likely that not even 30% of the players base will manage to have the tank only by playing.

I became even more aware of this issue looking at quickybaby's Edited calculations and after seeing Papapawian playing tier 7 instead of tier X to get it.

I mean:

-if 70% of players are not capable of doing it entirely

-if even Papapawian is not taking the " tier 10 skillesd route" it's clear that the event is badly designed.

3. The agressivenes towards the player, in therms of XP resseting. This is probably the lowest blow in this event. Not allowing base XP to stack from one mission to another is just useless aggression towards the players. You could have increased the overall amount required and let it stack, players would not have had felt so agressed / insulted. Totally useless and brainless move here WG.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

LOL, WUT?!?

So you think that a campaign is awful because of

a. few typos, that were corrected within hour(s)

b. the campaign, which is NOT a marathon, does  not fulfill the analogy with the actual marathon for runners

c. there is a clearly set target which is based on overall effort that is written in a form that somehow offends you

I mean this must be the new low!

Congratulations WG, you biggest shortcomings are apparently in the way you write down amazing campaigns! :honoring:

TinCanCrusher #584 Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35961 battles

So, every stage I pass I get 10% off of the price? I like that. Very much. Great setup. Together with "do it within a time span", not ruled by which day it is a s o. Well done!

Only thing is that I was really looking forward to go for the tier X options some stages, but it seems to be a bit steep. At least for me.

Edited by TinCanCrusher, 14 April 2018 - 03:05 PM.

uglycousin #585 Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41664 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostRagewit, on 14 April 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

:trollface:going to do to finish stage 9 mission than buy progetto with -90% discount with benefits like <a href='https://i.imgur.com/jXI8G18.jpg' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>https://i.imgur.com/jXI8G18.jpg</a>

ps u got discount on bundle so u must get those up those gg wg marketing:trollface:

It does not work like this. :)

If you get to 90% then you got all the bonuses. You will only get the tank, no more freebies on the side. :)

fredo_k #586 Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 27543 battles

View Postuglycousin, on 14 April 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

If you get to 90% then you got all the bonuses. You will only get the tank, no more freebies on the side. :)

Proof, where have you seen this?

Snaques #587 Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20176 battles

View Postuglycousin, on 14 April 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

This is correct (you can see your current "offer" in Premium shop) and it is the one thing that really bugs me here. There is clear misinformation in the campaign marketing.

If the discount of x% applies to the bundle, it should include the whole bundle. If you get a bundle worth less than originally, you can't really say that the x% applies to the original bundle. I mean after Stage 9, the bundle has lost all of the "bundle" value and is only the tank. So 90% discount from a ~40€ tank is worth much less than 90% of 58,41€ bundle.

I'm pretty sure this is illegal and WG should probably re-formulate the terms asap before they get into trouble.

View Postfredo_k, on 14 April 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

Go to Premium shop and check the content of your Progetto offer. If you have cleared stage one, you can see that the Stage 1 rewards have been removed from the offer. Funnily the non-discounted price hasn't changed.

This is curious also from another perspective. During Christmas calendar event WG sold bundles with 15% discount. However, these bundles had the same price as the tank would normally have, but the discount came from free reserves etc that was added to the bundle. This means that WG does consider that the bundled reserves have monetary value.

Now as they have already proved that those reserves are worth money, they shouldn't be able to say that this Progetto bundle doesn't lose value when they take the reserves out of it.

TinCanCrusher #588 Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 35961 battles

View PostSnaques, on 14 April 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

This is correct (you can see your current "offer" in Premium shop) and it is the one thing that really bugs me here. There is clear misinformation in the campaign marketing.

If the discount of x% applies to the bundle, it should include the whole bundle. If you get a bundle worth less than originally, you can't really say that the x% applies to the original bundle. I mean after Stage 9, the bundle has lost all of the "bundle" value and is only the tank. So 90% discount from a ~40€ tank is worth much less than 90% of 58,41€ bundle.

I'm pretty sure this is illegal and WG should probably re-formulate the terms asap before they get into trouble.

Aha.... I looked again and as you say, there is a bundle. I thought we only played for the tank. Nothing else. And that the bundle stuff was only stage rewards? This setup may not be nearly as sweet as I thought it to be...

Edited by TinCanCrusher, 14 April 2018 - 03:32 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #589 Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 35577 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

So, played almost a whole day and have come to the conclusion that this 'Special' is kin to impossible without either 24hrs a day 7 days a week gameplay or being a super unicorn.

It's pretty obvious that the mission is designed to allow some progress whilst ensuring that you contribute some kind of money towards the final prize.

Either way, I'll plough through it, take the bonuses as they come but I'm not chasing this any more - it simply isn't worth the effort.

uglycousin #590 Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41664 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View Postfredo_k, on 14 April 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

up this thread.

View PostPh3lan, on 13 April 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

You can earn the bonuses only once, either by completing the missions or purchasing the package in the premium shop. If you completed all the missions up to 90% you already earned all the rewards, purchasing the package at 10% will get you the Progetto and a garage slot :)

:)

Ze_Uber_Derper #591 Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15422 battles

Congratulations WG, you just made me uninstall this Edited of a game, with 350+ premium days left. You turned everything into Edited.

I will now actively discourage anyone considering playing your Edited game, enjoy the money you conned me into giving you.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks and swearing.

Edited by VMX, 15 April 2018 - 04:59 PM.

Snaques #592 Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 20176 battles

View PostZe_Uber_Derper, on 14 April 2018 - 04:24 PM, said:

Congratulations WG, you just made me uninstall this Edited of a game, with 350+ premium days left. You turned everything into Edited .

I will now actively discourage anyone considering playing your Edited game, enjoy the money you conned me into giving you.

Flawless argumentation, can't argue with that. LOL

Edit: Knowing this is WoT forums, I might need to clearly state that this was sarcasm. :facepalm:

Edited by VMX, 15 April 2018 - 04:59 PM.

Nezio109 #593 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 15555 battles
Is the crew from premium shop 100% + BiA or just 100%?

Max_Calibre #594 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19046 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

Thanks WG

free T8 premium?

nice idea ... you think?

As now everyone is playing so badly in a mad rush for XP points Win or Lose they don't care ... just points all that matters, points for that T8 Italy Premium 

does WG anyone at WG care about the actual random battle gameplay not look like it 

I see my team not care about cap to win battle   ... just more MORE xp points

maybe next time make it so ONLY winning team gets reward THEN ALL players will try to win

trust WG to break gameplay again and again

Smegger213 #595 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 13005 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

Not even gonna try for this stupid marathon.

They will sell the tank without a bundle at some point anyway.

z00ey #596 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14843 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

View PostPh3lan, on 13 April 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Hey guys!

The offer is back and the issues should be fixed. Please let us know if you spot anything else!

Ph3lan, I have a problem with not being able to access the Italian Challenge UI in garage: I get a message "Attention! Information is temporarily unavailable", which was even from before the start of the challenge (checked the challenge right on 3 days ago as soon as it was announced in garage), so I've been unable to enter at any time whatsoever.

When I go into WG shop Progetto page shows I do have a 10% discount activated, as I played some games yesterday, but i.e. I can't see my progress on 2nd stage. The same goes for ingame screen, it shows 1/10 stages completed, no progress on 2nd stage. This will become a problem for me in later stages for sure... Especially as I can't see the total done for tier X battles

Any solution? I see some other players have the same issue, but no answer.

BTW vanilla WoT, fresh install after 1.0 came out (even on another SSD HDD), no mods whatsoever, Windows 7 pro, Firefox updated, ESET firewall (maybe therein lies the problem, but WoT games folder is excluded from check...). I don't know what to do.

Re3D #597 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10408 battles
  • [RARMY] RARMY

View Postdjciolos5, on 14 April 2018 - 12:05 PM, said:

Some reasonable (i hope) thoughts about the failures of this Marathon:

1.  it gives a very poor image about the company, when you launch, for your 7th year anniversary,

an event with manifest errors in it, without the minimum check of the text. As you guessed I'm referring notably to the "missing garage" issue and, notably, the different amount of reserves obtained by playing or by paying the tank, which lead to a temporary withdrawal of the offer from the site. 

Without making a fuss about it, it is, objecively, a poor job from WG team. For such errors,

in other companies people would get fired.

2. More important, there is clearly a poorly designed event, as a marathon at least. Why ? Because in a marathon you can have like 5-10-15% runnes who quit. Let's be generous and say 30%.  But you would still have 70% runners finishing it.

Or, by the poor design, it is very likely that not even 30% of the players base will manage to have the tank only by playing.

I became even more aware of this issue looking at quickybaby's Edited calculations and after seeing Papapawian playing tier 7 instead of tier X to get it.

I mean:

-if 70% of players are not capable of doing it entirely

-if even Papapawian is not taking the " tier 10 skillesd route" it's clear that the event is badly designed.

3. The agressivenes towards the player, in therms of XP resseting. This is probably the lowest blow in this event. Not allowing base XP to stack from one mission to another is just useless aggression towards the players. You could have increased the overall amount required and let it stack, players would not have had felt so agressed / insulted. Totally useless and brainless move here WG.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

lol, I was planing on doing the marathon and after I was about to finish stage 2 I had like 6,8k XP and I had a match with 1,1k xp, of course it reset and I lost 900 base xp. That just plain stupid. I gave up after that. I would rather go play something else less Edited .

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 15 April 2018 - 05:05 PM.

rsanders5 #598 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24474 battles

Read the requirements for the mission & looked at the price of the bundle

in the shop, & I don't have the time to complete the missions, ( I work ) & I

can't justify £50 for a tank.

Also a serious question. Have we introduced enough 'strong' tanks to allow

the Chieftain to be added to the British line yet?

Ka3aK77 #599 Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49184 battles

312000 base exp for 14 days? no tnx too much grind for me, i'll pass:facepalm:

Guess Random is going to be a mess for next two weeks as well, maybe it's time for a brake from WOT? 

Edited by Ka3aK77, 14 April 2018 - 06:37 PM.

djciolos5 #600 Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1589 battles
  • [DR-RO] DR-RO

Unbelievable: Edited

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to discussing moderation.

Edited by VMX, 15 April 2018 - 05:10 PM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

RSAC