Taming the Stallion: Progetto M35 mod 46 is Ready to Fight

• Please log in to reply
917 replies to this topic

kuzia6104 #641 Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14421 battles

These mission are for Edited no-lifers, or just to force u do max 7 mission and buy the prem tank for 15 euro (did not count exactly)... 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 16 April 2018 - 08:18 AM.

Snaques #642 Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21698 battles

View PostXqual, on 15 April 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

You are a new player i shall forgive your ignorence. 

The T-35-85M was just a fun thing and a giveaway. not a marathon or anything. just tank for everyone to get. 

No the real marathons of the past where T26E4, WZ-111, T44-100/Type62/4? They were hard BUT doable, without leaving the real world behind. Everyone had a chance to complete those, and even take a day off in between. 

This marathon however? The massive luck factor involved doing it the press2 erm i mean tier10 way. since they are more luck than skill based. 

Then there is the skillbased part. The tier6-10 XP way. The amount of XP needed is way above what anyone will do in 14 days BASIC XP. They could easily reduce 25% of the XP needed to complete it, and it would still be a tough challenge. 

Now it is just close to impossible. Calling that a challenge where 90% of the player base have no other option for "winning" the reward, but paying the 40-60% discount at the end of it. 

LOL, thanks for the free pass, but doesn't change my point.

34-85 was literally a mini marathon, just like I wrote above. 

Also this current one can be done with 4hrs per day if you're good. So yes, it is tougher than the normal marathons but you also don't have to fully clear it. 

iKnewIT #643 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 70300 battles

The only good thing there are a little bit more HTs and armored TDs in tier X battles, so it's easier to play with support tanks now. ;)

There are less of them per team.

But.... in lower tier battles it seems it will be the same trash as it was with Intel prizes... :(

In, got some XP to get in top 10, dead, next.....

vV_TIO_Vv #644 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:19 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 16348 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC
This is 1 burn out marathon. Don't think many will get free tank. Hoping for an easy going tier 6 marathon soon

Afdass #645 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12886 battles

Trying to complete the 4th stage by ther tier 10 way (or as people like to call it - "skill way"). So far, 15 games - 5 wins - 2 with more than 850 base exp. 2/10.

All the games are either one team slams through the other and the game ends in a awsome 15-0; my team crawls to death and I end the game with 4 or 5k dmg, which easily would give me the 850 exp, but in a defeat it comes down to 300/400 exp. Nothing else to do.

At this pace I think I will finish the exp grind first than the special requirements.

And the fact of all games beeing full tier 10 with a "nice" premium shell feast + a stupid amount of Object-not-op-version-4 in every game doesn't help the cause aswell.

Edited by Afdass, 15 April 2018 - 10:29 PM.

fredo_k #646 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28167 battles
I am not sure why i am doing this since the new italian tanks are so bad. Seriously WG you didn’t think about the whole commercial side of things. Should the tanks have been slightly op you would have sold more progetto. I’ll get it and sell it for credits if not good.  

Edited by fredo_k, 15 April 2018 - 10:46 PM.

Dawinor #647 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23563 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR

View PostMR_FIAT, on 15 April 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

the XP requirements is ridicilous, 99% of the playerbase wont be able to do it. only unicums will be able to reliably complete it through the fastlane missions. Only way to complete this as non unicum is to have no job or school and play every waking hour.

still ill try to get as far as i can and enjoy a fat discount on the pasta tank.

I'm working and I in stage VIII actually. I could finish that stage today but I played enough this weekend, I can take it with calm now :)

I'm doing EXP way since tier X is full of blues/unicums and I noticed that it didn't worth. Tier 8 Premiums and I have farmed like 12 millions while doing marathon. :great:

But I must to say that I usually get +800 Bexp/win.

MajorTom75 #648 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:20 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 15326 battles
  • [FORTI] FORTI

Look people...
I'm not trying to patronize anyone, but lets be honest here: You will not be able to get the tank for free. Very few may, but you - average Joe - ain't gonna!
But there's a silver lining here! You see, Russian server got the Progetto first, and its was little short of 40 Euros just for the tank and the garage spot. They didn't get the marathon, and nobody complained there - they've just cashed in.

You see, you have two darn weeks to get the price down to at least 50% of the bundle, which is around 30 euros, with relaxed playing two hours a day max. Just a tiny more than that, and its down to 20-25 euros. That's the price I'm more than willing to pay! If you think its a trickery on your expense, and a bit of milking - it is, because there is also some psychology involved here - you are persuaded that you get a lot with a discount, so many will pay even if they usually don't tend to buy premiums.

Stop comparing this with t-34-85M marathon or similar! Its just not it... Grind if you intend to buy it cheap, pay immediately if you're wealthy, or just pass it....

Edited by MajorTom75, 16 April 2018 - 02:17 PM.

domnulrazvan #649 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22627 battles
  • [BADD] BADD

don't know why so many people believe that they deserve the tank for free!!! Wtf people ? You want it free ? Then be good at this game and finish the fastlane missions.

I will not get the tank for free ... but at 60 70% discount ... the package is very attractive.

WoT_RU_Doing #650 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41593 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
Well I'm into mission 5 today, and that's without too much effort. I'm actually more interested in gaining as much x5 bonuses for my tanks and crews while it is still active. I will buy the Prog towards the end of the marathon, but meanwhile I'm getting free gifts, and I should be able to buy the Prog for less than any other Tier 8 tank currently on offer. Overall, I'm happy with that. Since this event started I've completed a few personal missions with honours, and researched two tier Xs, as well as making good progress on grinding various other tank lines.

Trostani #651 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44557 battles
  • [TDSTX] TDSTX
This event is absolutely horrible. So many monkeys on Tier X, I hope that WG in the future don't repeat such marathon. It's better to not have such event at all than crap like this one which destroy gameplay on highhigher tiers. Or make one server with event and second without, that will allow for normal gameplay for those that are not interested in such crap event.

Kapitein_Koekwaus_NL #652 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11671 battles

haha @ this event. 

there is no way a "normal" player with a live outside this game will win this tank for free.

it is however, a good marketing plan. 

im neither joining event nor getting tank, i wil not reward this crap-setup of an event. 

big thump DOWN

Gremlin182 #653 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46027 battles

Just as the game was maybe still is in Beta and changing constantly so are the offers and events.

We have had events where I think you had to grind 50k XP in each nation in the game.

The last one of those I did was horrible because I had no Japanese tanks so had to grind those to tier 5 or 6 to have a chance of getting the xp.

Then we had win a tank events like the T25 Pilot one that was very easy and almost said here have a tank.

Now we have the Progetto missions depending on feedback and how many tanks are won and how many bought the next event will be different.

Its the playerbase that's driving how easy or difficult these events are I am working on mission IV only have 2-3 k of the 30 I need.

My decision to continue grinding, buy the tank now with 30% discount or give up completely will influence the next win a tank event.

Edited by Gremlin182, 16 April 2018 - 06:15 AM.

Xqual #654 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 58820 battles

View PostGremlin182, on 16 April 2018 - 06:14 AM, said:

Its the playerbase that's driving how easy or difficult these events are I am working on mission IV only have 2-3 k of the 30 I need.

My decision to continue grinding, buy the tank now with 30% discount or give up completely will influence the next win a tank event.

This. 

WG are not calculating on giving out free tanks. They know that less than a % will be able to do it, within the 2 week timelimit. 

No they are looking at SALES. And alot of people will for whatever reason WANT the tank, play for a discount and buy it. 
That is the whole point of this "event" there is nothing for free, you lot play for a discount nothing else. 

vixu #655 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:23 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 41524 battles

View Postsuro222, on 15 April 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

yes that ... for 14 days, 80% of players without surcharge will not be able to get this tank ... can not that easy task? sorry for english

80% !?? are you kidding me. I hope WG  to publish the results of how many player have actually completed the marathon to get a free tank, and not payed a discounted price for pixel bundle.

Smegger213 #656 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:24 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13629 battles
  • [-4DC-] -4DC-

View PostXqual, on 16 April 2018 - 06:02 AM, said:

This. 

WG are not calculating on giving out free tanks. They know that less than a % will be able to do it, within the 2 week timelimit. 

No they are looking at SALES. And alot of people will for whatever reason WANT the tank, play for a discount and buy it. 
That is the whole point of this "event" there is nothing for free, you lot play for a discount nothing else. 

Totally agree with you there.

It's just a massive con by Wargaming to get people to give up on the marathon and buy the tank from the premium shop.

adameitas #657 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61047 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View PostXqual, on 15 April 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

Brilliant way to make money for WG this. 

Mission the timelimit is almost impossible. Only the most hardcore nolifers will be able to do this one. Not a single marathon before this, has been this out of line. They were all hard but doable! 

BUT many will try to attempt completing it. Adn they will get to mission 7-8 and go "[edited]it! i spend all this time, havent had a shower or been outside for 2 weeks! i WANT that tank!!" 

And they will pay the rest. 

GG WG. Money > community. 

disagree. This marathon is better then most t8 marathons before:

You can choose the way to get (yes it arent perfect ways but first time we can choose)

main factor is XP (no stupid kills or damage, so ppl can play tanks they like not those they must)

first time we get very nice rewards for missions (30x creds boosters and many more)

to finish at least level 7 is possible and not even a very hard (also we have/had 4 weekend days during this period)

if you finish level 7 you get tank for around 17 euro, i see it as good deal, sure tank itself isnt good but still you get new nation prem tank before nation release so you have some time to buff crew

as only downside i see fact that during this period mm is ruined even more then usual.. so this time you play for marathon or you dont play at all.

View Postapaleytos, on 15 April 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

This marathon is the biggest bait ever :trollface:.

People will be frustrated after dedicating time and eventually visit the prem shop...I have to admit that i was baited also to go for stage 7 and buy it.Woke up today,nice mood,life is good,made coffee and started playing.Defeat after defeat ,so much frustration.My performance was even worse than usual,had like 3/17 wins.If you are getting lots of losses it is impossible to advance.Using these [edited]reserves doesnt help also because you are stuck playing while tilted.Stopped using them completely.Might play again later when i come home and tomorrow is the final test if im still going for stage 7 or give up.

Progretto,spaggeto but probably regretto :justwait:.

yeah i know that feeling. Yesterday played around 2.5-3 hours and my base xp average was 500 (total - 14k).. that was really really frustrating. But i hope it was bc of 5x (mostly played grindings tanks that i hate) and ruined mm during this period.

uglycousin #658 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:01 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43165 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View Postadameitas, on 16 April 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

yeah i know that feeling. Yesterday played around 2.5-3 hours and my base xp average was 500 (total - 14k).. that was really really frustrating. But i hope it was bc of 5x (mostly played grindings tanks that i hate) and ruined mm during this period.

+1

Rustybolt #659 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16027 battles

Was going to play/grind up to the 70% discount...I thought win/win for me and WG.

Nope.... only completed 30% yesterday........absolutely awful experience. Win rate a total joke....numerous consecutive 3/15 losses in 3 mins. I tried in Tier 10 battles as I was being trolled heavily by MM at tier 8.......teams were just beyond belief.

Sorry WG I'm going no further. There is some serious tomfoolery going on with the RNG and the MM somewhere. I understand the laws of averages and probability....but this strays way out of those scales.

How come every time I stupidly click to use the crew/xp boosters, it is like a big RNG switch is flipped? Every shot I take is then a ding/zero damage crit. Every shot on the max outer aiming circle. Every shot to me....pen/module damage/fire.

I honestly don't mind/expect losses especially if I play bad......I don't mind your 'maskirovka' marketing to get an over inflated in price bundled tank for 'free' or discounted, but I can't/wont do it with your blindfold on with my hands tied.

GG WG.

whyrageman #660 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12885 battles

This has been the worst "event"in history of events WG pulled off,and its not even halfway done.

Platoons consisting of 268 4,obj 705A,snowballing tru randoms easy.

With new maps that have crippled every other nation beside Russian,game comes down to having these unbreakable walls mowing down opponents with their awfully huge DPM.

If you <WG> think anyone is gonna play up to lets say atleast 50% coupon in order to buy this tank (since its so obv that you were going for this and not actually giving it away or anything else,hardly 2% of players will actually earn the tank),well they prob wont cause event is broken and most ppl will come to 50% of mission or even less.

Thanks WG,not for this Edited event,but for destroying matches in next 2 weeks.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 19 April 2018 - 01:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users