Game keeps crashing to desktop more and more...

crash ctd 1.0

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Salvion #1 Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21067 battles

Ive played for years and years on PC and this has never happened in this way on any pc ive haid!

This is a 1 year old pc i can run everything on max in game before 1.0 and have never haid any issues with the game, same pc only fresh win 10 install (2 times to be sure) full game reinstall and it crashes again and again, just now fresh rebooted pc nothing else running 1 game and before im in garage CTD and no error message.

This crahes has happened since 1.0

I run fully uppdated nvidia and fast SSD disc.

i can se some ppl have problems with crashes but not sure its common or what?

Any ides suggestions?

EltvilleTiger #2 Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21207 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Doing any OC?  If so, turn OC off and try again.  If it is stable, start using OC but slowly ramp up the performance until things go wonky again.  

Open up the box and re-seat all components including memory.  

Check the Event Viewer to see what is in the logs in relation to the CTD.

Salvion #3 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21067 battles

@Eltville Tiger

If you by OC you mean overclocking? i havent, not now or ever.

I have removed all components about 2 months aggo when i got a new cpu (the old broke) on warenty and have been playing WoT since then almost every day with no problems untill 1.0, and as my pc is stationay i doubt something would have got missaligned or something, but i will try that advice if i cant come up with anything else tho not my first go to as its a pretty awkward/hard task for me.

Thanks for advice!

Tangalooma #4 Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22126 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

I have the same issue since 1.0 was launched.  Tested micropatches 1.0.0.2 and 1.0.0.3 recently released, no change.  

I am crashing to desktop every 4th game, either on entering the battle or on exiting the battle.  Posted a log for both to the Bug Forum.  No acknowledgement from WG.

My rig is more than required for WOT (5830K, 32Gb RAM, NVMe, 2x GTX 980 in SLI) and I am currently running without any overclock applied to see if that caused the problems and it has not made any difference.  I have also tried software-disabling SLI on the GPUs, but that has not made any difference either.  The logs provided are vanilla game client (no mods) and after a fresh install (deleted and re-downloaded - the client housekeeping is terrible, use any good software removal tools to fully uninstall).

I think I would like to have some kind of recognition at least from WG, but the lost account time (premium as well as when running accelerators) should at least warrant some kind of compensation too.

EltvilleTiger #5 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21207 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostTangalooma, on 12 April 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

I have the same issue since 1.0 was launched.  Tested micropatches 1.0.0.2 and 1.0.0.3 recently released, no change.  

I am crashing to desktop every 4th game, either on entering the battle or on exiting the battle.  Posted a log for both to the Bug Forum.  No acknowledgement from WG.

My rig is more than required for WOT (5830K, 32Gb RAM, NVMe, 2x GTX 980 in SLI) and I am currently running without any overclock applied to see if that caused the problems and it has not made any difference.  I have also tried software-disabling SLI on the GPUs, but that has not made any difference either.  The logs provided are vanilla game client (no mods) and after a fresh install (deleted and re-downloaded - the client housekeeping is terrible, use any good software removal tools to fully uninstall).

I think I would like to have some kind of recognition at least from WG, but the lost account time (premium as well as when running accelerators) should at least warrant some kind of compensation too.

The only response you'll get in the forums is from the community.  If you want an official WG response, submit a ticket via the Support page.  https://eu.wargaming...n/products/wot/

Salvion #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21067 battles

Just a headsup.

Not been playing for almost a week and updated client and just now launced game to garage, choose tank and hit play button and right away crash to desktop..

Restart game and get in seconds after match start, short game and get back to garage and log out of game becaus i cant focus or have fun when game can crash at any point (not fair to team either)

Cant find anything in windows logbook (if i look in correct location?)

I run Quickybabys mod for the lastest micropatch and i doubt that is the fault but when im not this annoyed will competly remove that to try play "clean"

@Elfville Tiger

I agree with you and may do that, tho i doubt they care, thans for advice tho!

Shchuka1 #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4246 battles

Hey Guys,

Have been having the same issue since 1.0. Sent ticket and did various items as instructed by the guys at WG.

No success, still crashing after 3-4 games. 

gustoz #8 Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9445 battles
similar issue here. never experienced crashes, now after latest minipatch (i didnt notice this with first 1.0 update, only this recent 1.0.0.3) it seems to crash in-game quite often.. some games i can play smoothly, but in some games it crashes 3-4 times (i always try to reconnect immediately). Crash looks like the game client just disappears without any error message. i dont have any mods and i am using fresh AMD drivers.

Salvion #9 Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21067 battles

*Update*

Since i wrote the first post i havent played WoT for more then 3-4 games and got all crashes, ive not submitted a Ticket as ive done so before and got no help.

So i was about to quit the game as it is pointless, but before that i removed the mod i did have (Quickybabys) and tried first Aslains mod pack from WoT Mod Portal and that mod was to complicted for me to set up how i wanted it so i switched to Solo's Easy mod pack and even tho it has way way more stuff then i want it was playable!

Since friday i may have played 20 games and have haid no crashes at all.

i DONT say it has to do with QBs mod but that is the only thing i have changed and as far as i know no game update has come during this time?

Thanks for trying to help! 

Startrek_Fanboy #10 Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42682 battles
  • [EST-D] EST-D

Same here,every 3-4 battle and crashes to desktop and 

i have really good pc,no problems with other games.

I turned all to minimum then i can play so 10-15 battles when crash

happened.

BravelyRanAway #11 Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22591 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostStartrek_Fanboy, on 03 May 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

Same here,every 3-4 battle and crashes to desktop and 

i have really good pc,no problems with other games.

I turned all to minimum then i can play so 10-15 battles when crash

happened.

Could be due to bad programming in the latest update. Your issue sounds like a memory leak, this happens when the game incorrectly manages memory allocations in a manner that won't release it when it's not needed and makes you run out of RAM. It could be bad RAM, but that is rare as Ram tends to last longer than most other components.

It's a big problem in WoWP's at the moment. So, I'll go with bad programming on WG behalf. You could try playing 3 games and then exiting and restarting the game......it's a pain in the butt, but at least(hopefully) you won't crash during a game.

cellaman7 #12 Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34195 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Like all the above I never had any problems before version 1.0.

Now it can take me 3 or 4 goes to even get to the garage before it doesn't CTD. Then when I finally click Battle it starts to load and then CTD. 3 attempts later to rejoin and it finally goes into game for me to see my smouldering wreck of a tank.

When I do get to play a full game it will start loading the results and boom... CTD again.

It's just unplayable WG and I don't have any mods at all installed. I also have a fast and wired network connection.

Salvion #13 Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21067 battles

*Update 2*

And yet again crashes...

Could play a little bit then a full day (2-3 hours) with no crash.

Today after update again CTD CTD and CTD

Totally unplayable!

Just now, idel computer, start game go into garage press Start and CTD after games search for matchup, directly i from windows try to get in and as soon as i hear game launch music CTD....

Ive played activly since 2013 and NEVER haid this problems, this pc i now have is by far the most powerfull ive ever haid and it has played the game with NO problems over a year daily, and now this...

Was about to try to make a Ticket for this and found a program WGcheck EU and ran it.

It found som HD file that was "broken" so it fixed it.

Tried to launch game, got in to garage, choose tank and hit ready and game freezes in team lineup screen...

cellaman7 #14 Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34195 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I updated my NVidea GTX650 driver and I actually got 4 games problem free. Needs a longer test yet before I can say that was the problem.

View Postcellaman7, on 04 May 2018 - 07:10 PM, said:

I updated my NVidea GTX650 driver and I actually got 4 games problem free. Needs a longer test yet before I can say that was the problem.

Update****

After updating Flash Player and graphic card drivers I got over 10 games problem free.

BravelyRanAway #15 Posted 05 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22591 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postcellaman7, on 05 May 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

Update****

After updating Flash Player and graphic card drivers I got over 10 games problem free.

That maybe true but for you......290 other players had a problem in the same time span.

Salvion #16 Posted 06 May 2018 - 08:05 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21067 battles
I have my graphicscard on automatic update so it cant be the drivers i think that cause this issue.

Maschinenkanone #17 Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:05 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36724 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

Same prob here. I first thought it was some mod related problem. But playing vanilla also resukted in ctd or blueacreen after some time. Someone mentions memory leak. So i tried reducing my grafic settings from ultra (alk maxed out) to low.So far this change enabled me to play several hours without ctd/bluescreen. Of course this cannot be the solution as my rigg is fully capable of running on max/ultra. Btw, drivers are up to date and mem check is negative.

Edited by Maschinenkanone, 07 May 2018 - 06:12 AM.

Salvion #18 Posted 07 May 2018 - 08:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21067 battles

View PostMaschinenkanone, on 07 May 2018 - 06:05 AM, said:

Same prob here. I first thought it was some mod related problem. But playing vanilla also resukted in ctd or blueacreen after some time. Someone mentions memory leak. So i tried reducing my grafic settings from ultra (alk maxed out) to low.So far this change enabled me to play several hours without ctd/bluescreen. Of course this cannot be the solution as my rigg is fully capable of running on max/ultra. Btw, drivers are up to date and mem check is negative.

I am in the same situation as you, have a comp that is way over spec for WoT and can play every other game ive tried with no problems, have a dead solid/stabil ISP with 500gb

Maschinenkanone #19 Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36724 battles
  • [MBEV] MBEV

I found out the solution to my ctd. It had indeed to do wirh memory. But not in the sense one might assume. It was the virtual memory settings. Which i had customized some years ago. Now, after switching to automatic memory management, ecerythings back to normal.***Update: While the ctd have become less frequent they are still appearing once in a while.

Edited by Maschinenkanone, 10 May 2018 - 08:19 PM.

Salvion #20 Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21067 battles

Yesterday played 4-5 Frontline games with no crash.

Today log in choose tank and Frontline CTD when game is loading to startup gamescreen.....sigh

Also tagged with crash, ctd, 1.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users