Game keeps crashing to desktop more and more...

crash ctd 1.0

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Salvion #21 Posted 12 May 2018 - 08:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19745 battles

Ok finally made a ticket...

Got fast responce tbh but they seemed to be kind of automatic.

Ive removed all mods, deleted all cache = dident help.

uninstalled the game and the cache files.

Reinstall game, dident work.

Followed 3 mails of suggestions from suppoer and final latter said i should run the game in Admin mode so i did and got 5-6 full games and no crash, logged out.

Logged in again a few mins aggo, got 1 match then as to enter second game CTD.

And i answered the last support letter and now waiting for resonce.

I really want to play :(

tnk_mstr_99 #22 Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4235 battles
Not a single crash in Random Battles, Frontlines crashes one in four. The bigger issue is that I don't seem to be getting any rewards when it does, not even what I've earned up to that point, making the entire mode moot.

Johncc #23 Posted 18 May 2018 - 07:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 47936 battles

Ive been having this problem for years (in fact since I upgraded the computer) and have tried reinstallation but no joy.

I don't have any mods or cheats and the crashes are random, sometimes after many games sometimes 4-5 attemps to load up. 

My theory is its a problem with the video card and wonder if its confined to NVIDIA (mine is GTX950M).

I tried disabling  the GeForce overlay but no difference.

An american website had various solutions but I'm no techie and the results were hit and miss, I think they reckoned the game was designed to work with steam powered computers and the moden computers caused conflicts - mine has a fast start up disc for instance .

The only improvement over the last 3 years is the crashes occur at the beginning or end rather than during the game and I am usually able to reload and log back into the game without too much trouble - although occasional 3-4 restarts at the 30 sec match prestart can be frustrating.

Sneaky_Tomato #24 Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6872 battles
  • [LABE] LABE
Nobody from WG gives a crapabout that..Period..I have been suffering this since I started playing last 2 weeks and no it crashes eventually..No matter what I did..It does..And WG has no fix or explanation.Thanks a lot..This is what we paid for right?..Cool

Salvion #25 Posted 19 May 2018 - 09:41 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19745 battles

**Update 3**

As i said above i made a ticket, that ticket has bounced back and forth so many times i have lost count...

It IS impressive that they answer pretty fast, BUT it seems like "copy n past" answers, as the next person answer dont read the message before so i get to repeat the same thing over and over.....sigh.

My machine has this setup so you know its pretty decent.

cpu: Intel core i7-7700k 4,2ghz (8cpus)

Gfx: Geforce GTX 1080

mem: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengeance

ssd: Samsung 950-series PRO 512GB M.2 NVMe

Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift PG279Q G-Sync

here are some answers i got what i should do to fix the issue:

Block Quote

1. Check if this particular issue is listed under Known issues in our Support page
2. Follow the steps provided in each of the Support articles listed below:
- Start the game in Safe mode.
- Delete the Cache
3. Follow the steps from the Safe mode article, and instead of using "Launch the game in safe mode", pick the option below it: Launch the game with reset graphics settings.
4. Run an integrity check of the game files:
- Open the Game Launcher > Settings > Support > CHECK
5. Uninstall all installed Modifications  

We hope the initial troubleshooter did the trick and that you continue to enjoy the game as much as possible.

Best of luck in your endeavours and battles!
If any other questions or issues arise, or this situation unfortunately persists, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

next

Block Quote

Hello Salvion,
Thank you for contacting the Wargaming customer support department again.

Unfortunately, the downloaded modifications are changing the algorithms of our game, that is why you are facing such problem, please delete mods folder in order to fix such issue.

Also we advice you to connect your computer to the internet source (if it's wireless), additionally disable including torrent client, Skype, Windows Update, Internet browsers and any other open applications in the background that need internet connection, as the connection is not stable. Make sure the network is not shared (eg. with another computer or television). At the end, please restart the router.

Hope the answer turned out helpful.

Have a joyful day and good luck on the battlefield!

If you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us back.
Kind regards, 

next

Block Quote

I am deeply sorry to hear about this issue and would like to help you resolve it as fast as possible. In order to resolve it, I ask you to follow all steps on the following page:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/236

In it you will find the most common reasons and potential solutions for connection problems explained.

Additionally, please use administrator rights to launch the game launcher and the game client.

I hope you can solve your case with the information available, but if this is not the case, please send me an updated WGCheck-report https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/596, making sure that the Network Diagnostics option is selected, as well as a PingPlotter report:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/kb/articles/50

If any other questions or issues arise, or this situation unfortunately persists, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards

Block Quote

Thanks for writing back.

We've checked the WGCheck report you've attached and found some incompatibility on your display.

Please note that the game can only be run in "Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p)"

If you still continue to experience game crash after changing the display, please send us an updated WGCheck log. 

For reference please don't hesitate to see our FAQ's.

If you have any other questions or issues please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Good luck on the battlefield. Roll out!

next

Block Quote

Thank you for contacting Wargaming support!

We appreciate your effort in contacting us regarding your concern.  We are sorry for the inconvenience that this issue has caused you.  Currently, we do not support the current mode that your PC has which is 2560 x 1440 (32 bit) (59Hz).  The game can only run on a 1920 x 1080(p) resolution.

Should you have other concerns, please feel free to contact us back or visit PLAYER SUPPORT - FAQ

Have a great day!

next

Block Quote

Warm regards, Salvion

Thank you for getting back to us. 

While we envy your gaming monitor, as it turns out, I can only suggest to set the game resolution to 1920x1080. This will secure your game from crashing and setting it to windowed mode to ensure the quality from becoming pixelated. 

Since you have a awesome gaming rig setup, we appreciate your input and look for future possibility of supporting higher resolution. Please note that we look at every possible inputs from players, gamers and tank commanders to ensure the improvement of the game. For that, we treat any idea and case-to-case situation gold since these information are always considered whenever future developments are being planned out. 

For other questions, please take the time and feel free to check out our Player Support Page. You may also find useful information and tactics from our WoT Wiki Page.

I wish you the best of luck and much success in the battlefield. Gear up and roll-out! 

Best,

Latest

Block Quote

Greetings Salvion,

Thank you for responding back to Wargaming Support Team.

We appreciate your quick response to this issue regarding the crash to desktop and the resolution for playing World of Tanks.

We really do apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused. We can provide further suggestion on how to rectify this problem. Please try to do the following:

• Try to switch the Graphics Quality from Ultra to Low.
  • Try to switch from HD Client to SD Client.

If the above doesn't alleviate the issue, please don't hesitate to contact us back so that we can further assist you.

Please also understand that the steps provided are to isolate the problem and pinpoint the main issue so that we can easily rectify this matter for you.

Please know that you are always more than welcome to contact customer support for anything which requires our assistance.

Do not forget to visit our Knowledge Base page via this link: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/

Thank you for your time. Have a great day ahead!

the above post is so silly, do they really mean my comp has to run LOW settings?

Well i did try it and i could play 5-10 games and no crashes :ohmy:

And so this evening i paid for 30 days more of premium, 3 matches later CTD....... (have tried for 1 day prem 2 times to bes sure)

So the game was playable in LOW windows resoulution, but OMG how ugly it is, there is where i draw the line.

I post the answers from WG so maybe it can help you guys, i my self is screwed i think :(

fugepilot #26 Posted 26 May 2018 - 03:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 6097 battles
  • [LAC] LAC

I've just given up playing since 1.0 as it's ctd every time the garage tries to load.

Edit: Now sorted, I reset the game to run as admin and got it to check itself for error.

I love the new revolving garage. :D

Edited by fugepilot, 26 May 2018 - 08:14 PM.

EltvilleTiger #27 Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:47 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20523 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
Don't forget to submit a ticket to WG.  

ciurry_c #28 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11120 battles

View PostSalvion, on 10 April 2018 - 07:37 PM, said:

Ive played for years and years on PC and this has never happened in this way on any pc ive haid!

This is a 1 year old pc i can run everything on max in game before 1.0 and have never haid any issues with the game, same pc only fresh win 10 install (2 times to be sure) full game reinstall and it crashes again and again, just now fresh rebooted pc nothing else running 1 game and before im in garage CTD and no error message.

This crahes has happened since 1.0

I run fully uppdated nvidia and fast SSD disc.

i can se some ppl have problems with crashes but not sure its common or what?

Any ides suggestions?

hey, i had the same thing, took me alot to figure out....it has something to do with sound card..go to device manager and see if you have 2 devices listed in sound...if so, disable one of them...not sure wich one, and you are fine...

ciurry_c #29 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11120 battles

View PostJohncc, on 18 May 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Ive been having this problem for years (in fact since I upgraded the computer) and have tried reinstallation but no joy.

I don't have any mods or cheats and the crashes are random, sometimes after many games sometimes 4-5 attemps to load up. 

My theory is its a problem with the video card and wonder if its confined to NVIDIA (mine is GTX950M).

I tried disabling  the GeForce overlay but no difference.

An american website had various solutions but I'm no techie and the results were hit and miss, I think they reckoned the game was designed to work with steam powered computers and the moden computers caused conflicts - mine has a fast start up disc for instance .

The only improvement over the last 3 years is the crashes occur at the beginning or end rather than during the game and I am usually able to reload and log back into the game without too much trouble - although occasional 3-4 restarts at the 30 sec match prestart can be frustrating.

i had this sissue, sound related...check your device manager sound, if you have more than one, disable and you`re fine! gl

hazzard397 #30 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25083 battles
  • [CBS87] CBS87
Well any crashes may not be your PC. Since they have been doing the updates in the last 12 months (approx) my laptop a very good has started crashing. Trouble is i can spend hours playing older and new games without crashes. This includes World of warships.  If your PC runs everything else ok then that just leaves World of Tanks  as the thing causing the crash. I have worked in electronics for 40 years and basic fault finding keeps bringing me back to that one program. If the concentrated on the main game, fix the match maker (make it one up or one down),  kept front line for more tier levels, and got the programing right the crashes will STOP. Great game but crashes make it almost unplayable .

Bexleyheath #31 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3051 battles
  • [K0RV] K0RV

I've had a few issues these past weeks and I managed to cure it today. Turned out my GPU was getting far too hot +80C, which caused it to temporarily shut down. Doing that in turn caused WoT to suddenly just terminate to desktop.

Solution: download EVGA Precision XOC and Then set fan mode to something more aggressive than normal. Then set your "temp target" to something the hardware can handle like 75C. That way the card will run cooler, but if it begins to go hot, it will throttle itself not to get hotter 75C. You'll lose a bit of FPS now and then, but the game wont crash and your card will last much longer.

belBOSS #32 Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12359 battles
I've had the same issues. However, now playing almost vanilla and i don't have the crashes anymore.. So i was hoping for a mod pack update, but haven't seen one in the last few days.

CrIpZ007 #33 Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31831 battles
  • [EXNOM] EXNOM

cant play 2 games without crashing    FIX this and give ma back my prem days couse crash all time

Also tagged with crash, ctd, 1.0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users