Marks of Excellence Marks MoE

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Franiac #1 Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9180 battles

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to the game and here's something I don't get regarding MoE. It was asked a couple of times but I only can find contradictory information about this here on the forums, so I am still confused. Maybe you can enlighten me.

1. When you have less than 100 games on a tank, every game counts towards the marks, I understand that. This also means you can mark tanks with less than 100 games.

2. If you have more than 100 games, there is some calculation that I don't get. Not only the last 100 games are used (at least that's what I found out here on the forum). But how exactly does that work? Are all games accounted? How is it calculated when I have 500 games on that tank?

3. There are streamers out there (e.g. LemmingRush is one of them) that state playing more games in a shorter period of time makes marking tanks easier. Another thing I don't get. I thought it is only dependent on games played.

4. When I hover over the marks logo in the statistics tab it says something about the last 14 days... ok, what's the deal when I play more than 100 games in those 14 days.

5. I don't get the correlation between the 14 days and the 100 games (I think thats the main thing that confuses me)

If anyone could shed some light on the matter I would appretiate it.

Thanks a lot!

Eaglax #2 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19717 battles

your questions are kinda weird (no offence), it's probably best you read the official guide at first.

If you have still questions feel free to ask.

Block Quote

I am fairly new to the game

after a look at you stats, I doubt that. Did I just step into a troll-trap?

Edited by Eaglax, 11 April 2018 - 02:42 PM.

Franiac #3 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9180 battles

Thanks for the link! That helps.

View PostEaglax, on 11 April 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

after a look at you stats, I doubt that. Did I just step into a troll-trap?

I understand your doubt. I have 20k battles played in AW and know how to move tanks. Isn't ~2000 WN8 like average here? Anyways, I don't feel like I am a good player and I am not trolling.

Franiac #4 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9180 battles

Actually I have an additional question that is not entirely covered in the linked article:

Is your EMA calculated by the last 100 games or all games played in the last 14 days?

To be specific: If I play 150 games in 14 days, are all games taken into account or only the last 100?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Franiac, 11 April 2018 - 03:35 PM.

Eaglax #5 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19717 battles

the 14 days are only for the reference value, to which your calculated average is compared too. And that's it. It has nothing to do with how your individual average damage is calculated.

If you play today, 11th April, your calculated average will be compared to the overall average of the last 14 days (28th March - 10th April)

If you play tomorrow, 12th April, your calculated average will be compared to the overall average of the last 14 days  (29 March - 11th April)

your last 100 battles will always count, no matter if you play them within 2 weeks or not.

hereis an unofficial site with more details regarding the formula.

and no, 2k WN8 is not the average, especially not for people with ~5k battles :)

Franiac #6 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9180 battles

View PostEaglax, on 11 April 2018 - 03:44 PM, said:

the 14 days are only for the reference value, to which your calculated average is compared too. And that's it. It has nothing to do with how your individual average damage is calculated.

If you play today, 11th April, your calculated average will be compared to the overall average of the last 14 days (28th March - 10th April)

If you play tomorrow, 12th April, your calculated average will be compared to the overall average of the last 14 days  (29 March - 11th April)

your last 100 battles will always count, no matter if you play them within 2 weeks or not.

hereis an unofficial site with more details regarding the formula.

and no, 2k WN8 is not the average, especially not for people with ~5k battles :)

Thanks for your input, much appreciated!

So playing AW before kinda made sense, i guess :child:

Baldrickk #7 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32165 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
They don't actually store the last 100 battles.

Instead an exponential moving average is used.
Only one value is stored, and this is updated with each battle. The old value provides a slightly diminished weighting.
This means your recent battles have more weight than older battles.

The 100 battles number is because it's a nice round number that roughly demarques the point where battles become pretty much meaningless to the current rating value

Also tagged with Marks of Excellence, Marks, MoE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users