Best premium tank credit maker

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

code99xx #1 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8060 battles

I havent played in a bit and was thinking to come back and play some wot again.

My problem last time was credits. Getting credits always seemed to be a difficult grind and my good old T34 no longer works properly in the current meta.

So, im in need of a new premium tank. Will run it alongside a premium account. I dont like lights so dont want those.

Please dont suggest stuff like the skorpion G which I cannot get atm. Only tanks that can be acquired at this very moment. 

Please keep in mind im no unicorn. I would rate myself as a decent player .. average to good nowdays since i havent played much so the tank shouldnt be too hard to play.

That being said tho, im not afraid to learn new tanks and game styles

Any suggestions? 

Im considering Strv S1 and the WZ 120 1G FT tank destroyers but i think the S1 has a much higher skill cap and may not be as effective in my hands. Any opinions on these 2 tanks? Any other suggestions?

Edited by code99xx, 11 April 2018 - 03:54 PM.

Omeron_1 #2 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11423 battles
:playing::justwait::D

All_up_in_ur_grille #3 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32931 battles
  • [SCRUB] SCRUB
Probably the Lowe for yourself as you have German heavies up to tier X and therefore probably half decent crews to put in it

Balc0ra #4 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65892 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

There is an event starting tomorrow that rewards a tier 8 premium. See if you can manage to handle that first. And then if they sell tokens for missing missions etc. Buy those. So you get it a bit cheaper.

But as it stands now. It depends on your style I guess. For me the Lowe is the most versatile and good all rounder tier 8 around. But you did only mention TD's. I'm currently a fan of the CDA 105. But unless you played the Swedish tier 8+ TD's. The S1 might take some getting used to. As the gun is 100% locked to the hull unlike other TD's. So it moves the gun with the hull. But the pen and DPM in siege mode is rather good still.

Edited by Balc0ra, 11 April 2018 - 03:33 PM.

code99xx #5 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8060 battles

Im not afraid to learn new tanks and new play styles as long as they dont involve light tanks or artillery.

I have played the Lowe before and maybe its different nowdays but back when I played it it didnt seem to be that good. It wasnt bad but i never liked it for some reason.

As for the event ... I will try and get it because why not but I've seen the preview of it at quickybaby and I can tell you right now, thats not a tank for me :)

K_A #6 Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13626 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The best credit maker premium tank is the tank that you think is most fun so you will play it the most. There is no definitive "this tank makes the most credits" because everyone is good at different playstyles and if the tank doesn't suit you, you won't do well in it, you won't make a lot of credits and you won't even play it that much after a while. 

code99xx #7 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8060 battles

View PostK_A, on 11 April 2018 - 03:55 PM, said:

The best credit maker premium tank is the tank that you think is most fun so you will play it the most. There is no definitive "this tank makes the most credits" because everyone is good at different playstyles and if the tank doesn't suit you, you won't do well in it, you won't make a lot of credits and you won't even play it that much after a while. 

That is true, i agree with it 100%

I should probably rephrase my question to "What is the best money making premium tank according to your own experience" or something.

Ive had tanks that were generally considered to be some of the best but i never managed to do good in them. That being said tho, a tank that a lot of people recommend will have a better chance of being good for me as well. I cant afford to go around and buy all sort of premium tanks to find that one tank that might work for me ... 

Atm im mostly looking at TDs and Heavies since i played those the most and even if i end up purchasing a tank that ultimately will never be a perfect tank for me i wont be mad about it, its a risk im willing to pay for so to speak.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65892 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postcode99xx, on 11 April 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

I have played the Lowe before and maybe its different nowdays but back when I played it it didnt seem to be that good. It wasnt bad but i never liked it for some reason.

Lowe has been buffed a few times the past few years. And recently. It went from Zero to hero rather fast.

View Postcode99xx, on 11 April 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

I should probably rephrase my question to "What is the best money making premium tank according to your own experience" or something.

Well what classes do you like to play the most. Or style of play you find the most fun? Like importance of armor, mobility, bully factor etc. If you point that out. It's easier for ppl to help you find something that might float your boat. As I said for me atm the CDA 105 makes good credits vs repair and ammo cost for my style in it. Just as the ELC even 90 does. As it's cheap as chips to run. So profit is always high. And you usually get 70K non premium with a few K spotting firing no shots.

Edited by Balc0ra, 11 April 2018 - 04:12 PM.

Strappster #9 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postcode99xx, on 11 April 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

Ravioli, Patriot, Skorpion G, WZ-120-TD-Thingy - list is not in any sort of order, it's just how I remembered them. You want big damage and low costs in a tank you can play well. For instance, I'd generally avoid heavies because I'm not good in heavies (Patriot is one of the best medium tanks in the game and just happens to wear a heavy badge).

On vbAddict the WZ currently tops their list of highest net tier 8 premium credit earners. The T34 is at number 6 though, maybe best not to write that off before you've played a few battles in it.

code99xx #10 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8060 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 April 2018 - 04:06 PM, said:

Well what classes do you like to play the most. Or style of play you find the most fun? Like importance of armor, mobility, bully factor etc.

Well, its not that easy. 

I would say armor is my most important thing followed by a big gun and its handling (i guess bully factor as you put it fits in here as well) ... I like my E100 but i lack the credits to play with it some more. I adore my E75, one of my favorite tanks but then, I also love the T10, its up there with my most liked tanks ever but it has almost no armor ...  

So, lots of armor is not necessarily a must.

I also really like the T28 Prot which is a mix of decent armor , great gun for its tier but really poor mobility.

As a general rule of thumb, i prefer Heavies, Tank Destroyers and Mediums (in that order)

Edited by code99xx, 11 April 2018 - 04:26 PM.

Strappster #11 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postcode99xx, on 11 April 2018 - 03:26 PM, said:

As a general rule of thumb, i prefer Heavies, Tank Destroyers and Mediums (in that order)

It's a shame the Patriot isn't available right now because that ticks two of your three boxes. I wouldn't be surprised to see it appear later in the month, however, given it's the anniversary so there's plenty of promotions.

On that note, I'd tackle the Progetto missions before deciding whether to spend any money. Can't get cheaper than free if you're going to be playing the game anyway. :)

MattieW #12 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:18 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 13453 battles
  • [SA_HB] SA_HB
The lorr makes good credits and is currently on sale 

Strappster #13 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:20 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMattieW, on 11 April 2018 - 04:18 PM, said:

The lorr makes good credits and is currently on sale 

True but it doesn't meet any of OP's criteria other than the credits.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users