German glass cannon grind help

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

yeezusk #1 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3164 battles

Currently griding through the german glass cannon line. On the doom toaster now and I've been enjoying it alot, I have a camo net and binos equipped and I typically sit in a sniping spot behind a bush, spot someone , move 15m back and fire without getting spotted. I think I will research the last gun as im not in a hurry altough I know about the 10 degree gunarc it has is bad but I can get used to that.

The only tank im worried about in that line is the st emil, I dont really have the free xp to get the top gun , is it hard to grind the 58k xp required for the gun?

I would love any advice on this tank line :)

Strappster #2 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:15 PM

General

• Player
  • 25550 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Get through the Nashorn first. I'm on that and it's a good TD but with only 5º gun depression, paper armour and not much mobility it's an HE magnet. St. Emil is much the same but at least you can use the 15º depression to limit your exposure more.

HaZardeur #3 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 34497 battles
For some strange reason I enjoyed the Sturer Emil, special after I had the big gun on it, play it careful and use its very good gun depression and spread some love with its gun.

ThinGun #4 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35841 battles

Doom toaster is awesome fun, mainly because of the boom stick.  Less so for the hugeness and lack of camo.

Nashorn was okish, but I sold it in favour of Dicker Max.

I love most of the German TDs, to be honest, and play pretty much every one of them at least once a week - Marder 38 and Borsig ... daily!

dan_dix #5 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14851 battles

Nashorn I found so-so, not great but not too bad either. I only got the hang of it just before I had to sell it and by the time I got some crew skills on it. It can be fun at times.

St Emil is annoying without the top gun, it does some damage with the 10.5mm but meh. With the top gun it is a beast, it's slow to move around but any shot it does put out hurts massively on the other side.

Now getting close to eliting the Borsig, which I love, but I'm not really having a great win rate with it - I use the long gun and I'm often too slow to do anything when the team crumbles...

ThinGun #6 Posted 11 April 2018 - 04:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35841 battles

View Postdan_dix, on 11 April 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

Nashorn I found so-so, not great but not too bad either. I only got the hang of it just before I had to sell it and by the time I got some crew skills on it. It can be fun at times.

St Emil is annoying without the top gun, it does some damage with the 10.5mm but meh. With the top gun it is a beast, it's slow to move around but any shot it does put out hurts massively on the other side.

Now getting close to eliting the Borsig, which I love, but I'm not really having a great win rate with it - I use the long gun and I'm often too slow to do anything when the team crumbles...

Yeah - Borsig is not good at brawling - that long reload means you're dead before you get the second shot off.  But hey ... that's more than compensated for by the long-range havoc you can create when your team are doing well.  It's a very different meta to anything before it - but, I'm discovering now, a very very useful learning curve to prepare you for the Waff IV.  And presumably the Grille15.  (Oh I did discover that the Krupp Steyr is kind similar play style, but not sure if that's still avaliable)

yeezusk #7 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3164 battles
I find the camo to be okay with the toaster, i have 27% concealment while standing still with a camo net and im training my crew for a camo crew.

IncandescentGerbil #8 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35775 battles
My t67 sees your flak toaster... And you don't see me. I win!

shousee #9 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5240 battles
I loved the toaster, I was actualy amazed how good it is. Amazing speed, amazing gun, one of few tank I would actualy want to 3 mark, I think I got 2 marks while just grinding, tier 6-7 are slower with good gun depression (not sure if both) and good firepower, not much armor but you need to get used to it. Borsig on the other hand is slow, no armor, gun with better DPM and accuracy looks better on paper but in reality you cant hit anything for some reason, 750alpha gun is more fun with heat, you can shred tier X as paper as bottom tier that is amazing.

Rati_Festa #10 Posted 11 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44372 battles

View PostThinGun, on 11 April 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Yeah - Borsig is not good at brawling - that long reload means you're dead before you get the second shot off.  But hey ... that's more than compensated for by the long-range havoc you can create when your team are doing well.  It's a very different meta to anything before it - but, I'm discovering now, a very very useful learning curve to prepare you for the Waff IV.  And presumably the Grille15.  (Oh I did discover that the Krupp Steyr is kind similar play style, but not sure if that's still avaliable)

Unfortunately the Rhm is the best tier for tier in that line. The waffle lacks the rhm camo its still useful but not as useful as its predecessor. The grille is poor imo as it doesnt rotate 360 so u cant do a reverse hide as u can do in the waffle. 

ThinGun #11 Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35841 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 11 April 2018 - 05:58 PM, said:

Unfortunately the Rhm is the best tier for tier in that line. The waffle lacks the rhm camo its still useful but not as useful as its predecessor. The grille is poor imo as it doesnt rotate 360 so u cant do a reverse hide as u can do in the waffle. 

Interesting.  I didn't know that about the Grille.  Still, it'll be a few months before I'm ready to brave Tier 10, so plenty of opportunity to think about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users