error ace gameplay help pls tanks russian armor

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Mr_Meshman #1 Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16150 battles
  • [EL_SQ] EL_SQ

So few days ago something just happend and when I want to start WoT I am getting this https://imgur.com/a/kYzL5 some kind of bad image error. I dont use any mods and I tried update my windows, dll fix program, downloading new dll file, even removing whole game and downloading it again but I still get this error :/

Pls can someone help, Tnx!

MeetriX #2 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20500 battles
What softwares you have installed latelly?

HeidenSieker #3 Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:16 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles
Have you tried opening a support ticket? They're normally quite quick to respond. You need to log in, and access "Support" (top left-hand side). OTOH someone may just know :) It seems, previously, that this may have some sort of antivirus connection. You could "Google" "world tanks dinput8.dll", for the last year, say, and see what the search spits out.

Nokkeli #4 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18155 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH
It's a directx issue, reinstall dx9 and get rid of those "fix programs" as the only thing they will ever fix is your computer to an early grave. Also never download any dll from anywhere or you might cause harm to your computer, always reinstall the software causing the issue.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66252 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNokkeli, on 12 April 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

It's a directx issue, reinstall dx9 and get rid of those "fix programs" as the only thing they will ever fix is your computer to an early grave.

It's indeed a part of the direct X package. As it's an input file for joystick usages etc. So reinstalling that might fix it.

But the missing error for that the few times I've had it, it's simply down to a register error vs it being missing from the system. So a reinstall might not fix it. But try it anyway. If that don't work, you might have to manually update it in the register connected to it. As I had to do the two times I did see it on Win 7.

Then again even something as simple as a system restart might fix it. So try that first to save you some hassle if you don't need to. As if something else has crashed, it might have shutdown.

Spoiler

View PostNokkeli, on 12 April 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

Also never download any dll from anywhere or you might cause harm to your computer, always reinstall the software causing the issue.

This. Stay far away from DLL sites of any kind.

Edited by Balc0ra, 12 April 2018 - 09:40 AM.

AliceUnchained #6 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostBalc0ra, on 12 April 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

It's indeed a part of the direct X package. As it's an input file for joystick usages etc. So reinstalling that might fix it.

But the missing error for that the few times I've had it, it's simply down to a register error vs it being missing from the system. So a reinstall might not fix it. But try it anyway. If that don't work, you might have to manually update it in the register connected to it. As I had to do the two times I did se

While true sometimes, usually the (re)installation actually ensures registry keys are set correctly.

@OP: If you've downloaded this .dll file from the internet, please remove it first. Be sure to do a thorough scan for malware and virusses then. After that, run scf /scannow (command prompt) to restore any missing/corrupt .dll files. Then proceed with this, if it's still not working:

You should have a dinput8.dll file in your System32 as well as SysWOW64 folder (second one only in case you're running 64-Bit OS). Try re-registering the .dll files through elevated command prompt (if you're not in an Admin Account), navigate to the folder and use regsvr32 dinput8.dll

Mr_Meshman #7 Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16150 battles
  • [EL_SQ] EL_SQ

View PostAliceUnchained, on 12 April 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

While true sometimes, usually the (re)installation actually ensures registry keys are set correctly.

@OP: If you've downloaded this .dll file from the internet, please remove it first. Be sure to do a thorough scan for malware and virusses then. After that, run scf /scannow (command prompt) to restore any missing/corrupt .dll files. Then proceed with this, if it's still not working:

You should have a dinput8.dll file in your System32 as well as SysWOW64 folder (second one only in case you're running 64-Bit OS). Try re-registering the .dll files through elevated command prompt (if you're not in an Admin Account), navigate to the folder and use regsvr32 dinput8.dll

I tried this and when I do sfc scan  it doesnt restore my missing dinput8 so I put original one back in and try to do regsvr but still it doesnt work man..

idk, shout I try to refresh windows with dvd of this windows bcse if that dont work new windows i guess only option?

But i still dont understand just why only WoT is having problem with this dll, other games like bf4,fortnite work just fine

Baldrickk #8 Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostMr_Meshman, on 12 April 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

I tried this and when I do sfc scan  it doesnt restore my missing dinput8 so I put original one back in and try to do regsvr but still it doesnt work man..

idk, shout I try to refresh windows with dvd of this windows bcse if that dont work new windows i guess only option?

But i still dont understand just why only WoT is having problem with this dll, other games like bf4,fortnite work just fine

Probably because they use a different version of DirectX.

As others said, try reinstalling DirectX again (the right version)

AliceUnchained #9 Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 38414 battles
  • [322] 322

View PostMr_Meshman, on 12 April 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

Which message did you get with running regsvr32 on the .dll? And what does the sfc log show (it will be referenced when repaired)? While I was 99,99% sure I already, I did a quick test anyway; sfc /scannow restores the dinput8.dll file. 

You need to be more specific and clear in your responses, as right now it's hard to determine whether you've actually done the steps properly. Which OS are you using, and which version (32-bit or 64-bit)? Which folder are you referring to with 'I put original one back'. First remove the dinput8.dll file, then run another sfc /scannow. Check the sfc log, and do a search for dinput. Let us know if it's mentioned in the log. 

Personally I think you've messed up something, either by doing things manually you shouldn't have or using some tools to clean up, enhance, speed up your system. Because normally you can't remove the dinput8.dll file from the folder, even with Administrator rights. So are you using any cleaner, system care tools?

Also tagged with error, ace, gameplay, help, pls, tanks, russian, armor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users