Hull lock?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Danspy501st #1 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5502 battles
I will first say that I will put this here, as I have the feeling that this is closer to gameplay, but more as "tech" support/help.

I had played WoT for some times, on and off. But today I choose to play my two German TDs again. Well.... it went well. But I step on something that is confusing me. From what update did WG made so non turreted TDs will auto hull lock when in sniper mode? I mean I know it is there, but it is catching me off guard, as Im used not to do it. The reason for that is, because I will be able to turn the TD with my mouse meanwhile Im in sniper mode. For some odd reason arty dont do it, as well the S1 tank (Swedish tier 8 premium tank), but so far the Hetzer, and maybe other TDs that I have, will do it. I dont know if anything can help me to explain what it is, or if someone can tell me how to turn that off. Im not used to turn the hull with my A and D keys when Im in sniper mode, and Im used to look at the direction of a enermy tank and go into sniper mode and let the tank turn by itself, untill it have the gun in that way I looking at.

CmdRatScabies #2 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDanspy501st, on 12 April 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

I will first say that I will put this here, as I have the feeling that this is closer to gameplay, but more as "tech" support/help.

I had played WoT for some times, on and off. But today I choose to play my two German TDs again. Well.... it went well. But I step on something that is confusing me. From what update did WG made so non turreted TDs will auto hull lock when in sniper mode? I mean I know it is there, but it is catching me off guard, as Im used not to do it. The reason for that is, because I will be able to turn the TD with my mouse meanwhile Im in sniper mode. For some odd reason arty dont do it, as well the S1 tank (Swedish tier 8 premium tank), but so far the Hetzer, and maybe other TDs that I have, will do it. I dont know if anything can help me to explain what it is, or if someone can tell me how to turn that off. Im not used to turn the hull with my A and D keys when Im in sniper mode, and Im used to look at the direction of a enermy tank and go into sniper mode and let the tank turn by itself, untill it have the gun in that way I looking at.

It was done a few patches ago.  ProMod (on the official mod portal) includes a mods that unlocks TD traverse.

jricketts1 #3 Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36010 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
You can press the "X" key I believe to disable the hull lock... not sure though as I have never had a issue with it

Strappster #4 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 25539 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'm pretty sure that's been in the game at least since I started playing. It stops casemate TDs breaking their camo net and binos when you move the cursor outside the gun arc in sniper view, doesn't activate on Swedish TDs because they can rotate their hull without breaking camo/binos or on arty because of the different viewing position and need to swap aim from one side of the map to another. It can be useful to activate it on arty (X by default) if you're aiming at a tank on the edge of your arc because the hull can shift when you don't want it to and bloom your aim.

Danspy501st #5 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5502 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 12 April 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

It was done a few patches ago.  ProMod (on the official mod portal) includes a mods that unlocks TD traverse.

Yay mods.... Not that I have anything against mods, but I do like to keep my game mod free, as Im abit tired of updating the mods, and then a new update to the game comes, which make the mods useless untill they got updated

View Postjricketts1, on 12 April 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

You can press the "X" key I believe to disable the hull lock... not sure though as I have never had a issue with it

I had tried, but nothing happens. Only if Im 3rd person, but not in sniper mode

Danspy501st #6 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5502 battles

View PostStrappster, on 12 April 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that's been in the game at least since I started playing. It stops casemate TDs breaking their camo net and binos when you move the cursor outside the gun arc in sniper view, doesn't activate on Swedish TDs because they can rotate their hull without breaking camo/binos or on arty because of the different viewing position and need to swap aim from one side of the map to another. It can be useful to activate it on arty (X by default) if you're aiming at a tank on the edge of your arc because the hull can shift when you don't want it to and bloom your aim.

I know that. But I had played the TDs before the Swedish tanks came, and I could turn the TD hull left and right with my mouse. It is faster for me to lay aim on an enermy that is far outside of my gun arc in sniper mode. I think the last battle I died of it, because I had to turn with the A and D keys. It is really catching me off guard as Im not used to it. I cant even press X in sniper mode to unlock it. It stays locked

Strappster #7 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:29 PM

General

• Player
  • 25539 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDanspy501st, on 12 April 2018 - 04:26 PM, said:

I know that. But I had played the TDs before the Swedish tanks came, and I could turn the TD hull left and right with my mouse. It is faster for me to lay aim on an enermy that is far outside of my gun arc in sniper mode. I think the last battle I died of it, because I had to turn with the A and D keys. It is really catching me off guard as Im not used to it. I cant even press X in sniper mode to unlock it. It stays locked

Was that back when you used mods?

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDanspy501st, on 12 April 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

They changed it.  It did work the way Strap describes but now maybe it's time for a mod?

Danspy501st #9 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5502 battles

View PostStrappster, on 12 April 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Was that back when you used mods?

My game is somewhat mod free, and it is rare that I use mods. So it is highly when I didnt.

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 12 April 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

They changed it.  It did work the way Strap describes but now maybe it's time for a mod?

Maybe, but I wont like it. I normaly dont use mods that change the gameplay/controll of my tanks, so them I normaly had use, or will use, will be change to HUD/UI and skins to the tanks. Nothing else and nothing that will change the controll or gameplay of my game. (Apart from the arty veiw some updates back, before WG putted that in)

Strappster #10 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

General

• Player
  • 25539 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDanspy501st, on 12 April 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

My game is somewhat mod free, and it is rare that I use mods. So it is highly when I didnt.

So you used to use mods and you still use mods but you rarely use mods and you're guessing that you remember the controls from when you didn't use mods. :amazed:

Thanks for clearing that up, good luck sorting it out. 

CmdRatScabies #11 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDanspy501st, on 12 April 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

Maybe, but I wont like it. I normaly dont use mods that change the gameplay/controll of my tanks, so them I normaly had use, or will use, will be change to HUD/UI and skins to the tanks. Nothing else and nothing that will change the controll or gameplay of my game. (Apart from the arty veiw some updates back, before WG putted that in)

It just takes the hull lock off.  Not exactly an aimbot!

Danspy501st #12 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5502 battles

View PostStrappster, on 12 April 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

So you used to use mods and you still use mods but you rarely use mods and you're guessing that you remember the controls from when you didn't use mods. :amazed:

Thanks for clearing that up, good luck sorting it out.

Let me put it this way:

The only times I use mods is for tank skin, HUD/UI change or voice overs. Like different skin to my tanks, an other/better crosshair or change to the 6th sense. The last time I had played with mod was before the 1.0.3 came out, and that mod only changed the 6th sense. Last time I had played WoT is some year or two ago, where I didnt had mods on. And I clearly remember the last time I played TD (Which wasnt the S1) was some few years ago, where I didnt had any mods on. So to clarify. Last time (Apart from today) I played in a tank destroyer, didnt I had any mods on, if I had, then it wont be some mods that would change the gameplay or controll of the game or tanks. And that was a time where I could turn the tank destroyer with my mouse when I was in sniper mode

Danspy501st #13 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5502 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 12 April 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

It just takes the hull lock off.  Not exactly an aimbot!

..... How? I wrote to someone else that I cant unlock the hull by pressing X when I was in sniper mode. Beside I dont think I can go to the controlls and unlink the button to it, as I fear that I might not enter sige mode in my S1 if I do

CmdRatScabies #14 Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:59 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDanspy501st, on 12 April 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

..... How? I wrote to someone else that I cant unlock the hull by pressing X when I was in sniper mode. Beside I dont think I can go to the controlls and unlink the button to it, as I fear that I might not enter sige mode in my S1 if I do

No problem with the S1.  I use that mod now & no issues.  You only have to install that specific mod if you don't want any others.

Danspy501st #15 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5502 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 12 April 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

No problem with the S1.  I use that mod now & no issues.  You only have to install that specific mod if you don't want any others.

And what about when the game updates and I need to wait for the mod to update?

CmdRatScabies #16 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDanspy501st, on 12 April 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

And what about when the game updates and I need to wait for the mod to update?

I use the Mod's launcher to launch WoT & that prompts you to install the update if there is one.   It saves the settings & mod choices so updating is super easy.

If there is no update for a new version (usually there is) then you play vanilla - not really the end of the world.

Edited by CmdRatScabies, 12 April 2018 - 06:07 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #17 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31569 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
Honestly, I'm pretty sure you couldn't turn your tracks while in sniper mode with the mouse on TD's (i.e. hull traverse is always locked in sniper mode) ever since I started playing, and look when I made the account... Only S-tanks can turn in sniper mode.

CmdRatScabies #18 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:23 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 12 April 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

Honestly, I'm pretty sure you couldn't turn your tracks while in sniper mode with the mouse on TD's (i.e. hull traverse is always locked in sniper mode) ever since I started playing, and look when I made the account... Only S-tanks can turn in sniper mode.

If I recall correctly, you used to have to press "X" to lock the hull and stop the mouse turning your tracks in sniper mode.  Changed a while back, possibly when they brought in the Swedish TDs

Danspy501st #19 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5502 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 12 April 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

I use the Mod's launcher to launch WoT & that prompts you to install the update if there is one.   It saves the settings & mod choices so updating is super easy.

If there is no update for a new version (usually there is) then you play vanilla - not really the end of the world.

I dont know. I think I would be safer if a WG staff member or someone like that could tell me. I mean there should be away without the use of mods

Danspy501st #20 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5502 battles

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 12 April 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

There was before the Swedish TDs came, as CmdRatScabies said. I know, because I had driven a TD before the Swedish tanks came

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users