Jump to content


Wargaming and the stupidity of Events....


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Grumpy_Vengence #1 Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:22 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 22132 battles
  • 30
  • [W_D_A] W_D_A
  • Member since:
    03-07-2013

Why would they make a event (several now) where all you got to do is rush out, do some dmg, get in top 10 by xp, die then rince and repeat?

I am loosing game after game as 2/3 of the team are using this very tactic to get the events reward...

Wargaming apparently have decided thet none active team members gets rewarded. Personally I take it as they piss on the players there want to play the game.

Stop rewarding stupidity and force players to activly fight to get there rewards... 



Balc0ra #2 Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62749 battles
  • 14,361
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Because when WG makes events where you need to be 10 top and win to make it work. We get 50 topics on the forum from ppl complaining how "hard it is to win" to make any progress. If they don't they get 5 topics like this. So WG seems to favor the lesser whiny one sadly.

 

All they had to do was make the XP count on a win, and reduce the amount needed on the last few stages. Job done.



Cobra6 #3 Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:50 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • 14,996
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 April 2018 - 08:38 AM, said:

All they had to do was make the XP count on a win, and reduce the amount needed on the last few stages. Job done.

 

No, that would be bad since you'll get punished for ending up in failteams if only wins count.

 

Top 5 XP should count or an activity of at least 60% in the battle. Dying in the first 2 minutes should be instant disqualify as well.

 

Cobra 6



Keyanu #4 Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:58 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 8377 battles
  • 82
  • [TE4RS] TE4RS
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

View PostGrumpy_Vengence, on 13 April 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Why would they make a event (several now) where all you got to do is rush out, do some dmg, get in top 10 by xp, die then rince and repeat?

I am loosing game after game as 2/3 of the team are using this very tactic to get the events reward...

Wargaming apparently have decided thet none active team members gets rewarded. Personally I take it as they piss on the players there want to play the game.

Stop rewarding stupidity and force players to activly fight to get there rewards... 

 

The event (I assume you mean the Italian one) hasn't even started yet so what you're seeing is 'normal' gameplay

Edited by Keyanu, 13 April 2018 - 09:59 AM.


Balc0ra #5 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:24 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62749 battles
  • 14,361
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostCobra6, on 13 April 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

 

No, that would be bad since you'll get punished for ending up in failteams if only wins count.

 

Top 5 XP should count or an activity of at least 60% in the battle. Dying in the first 2 minutes should be instant disqualify as well.

 

Cobra 6

 

Fail teams are usually a result of events rewarding bad play more then anything tbh.

 

Tho top 5 xp alone would have fixed it, even on a loss. As then you can't yolo scout to get up. They could simply have said top 5 on a loss, and top 10 on a win. Then you need to actually do something on a loss to get it vs yolo scouting and call it a day like I've seen to many do already more so then usual. And they end up on 10th to 7th place with the early assist alone anyway on a loss. As they leave the team blind for the rest to be effective after that most times.



PauI #6 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:37 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24219 battles
  • 342
  • [BV-S] BV-S
  • Member since:
    10-15-2011
Event/reward is great...xp grind is ok but...
Like i said on another therad the mission design is really bad for tierX.....one player will be forced to be individialist....not help an ally that does good (u need yourself to be top in your team), a lot of gold, maybe even a "well placed" teamkill to secure your first place in the team

tier x is gonna be a perverse place to play for 2 weeks

Edited by PauI, 13 April 2018 - 10:39 AM.


Simeon85 #7 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:46 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 1,373
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

1. The Italian marathon event has not started yet.

 

2. The quickest way to do it is to play well, you'll get far more base XP than yoloing around. 

 

3. People always whine about win requirements, cos winning is apparently hard. 

 

4. If everyone is doing it, then you'll be facing as many on the enemy team and you can just easily farm them. 



Balc0ra #8 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62749 battles
  • 14,361
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostSimeon85, on 13 April 2018 - 10:46 AM, said:

1. The Italian marathon event has not started yet.

 

2. The quickest way to do it is to play well, you'll get far more base XP than yoloing around. 

 

3. People always whine about win requirements, cos winning is apparently hard. 

 

4. If everyone is doing it, then you'll be facing as many on the enemy team and you can just easily farm them. 

 

1: Tell that to most of the current active players online. As going by the chat. Most seems to think it started today, and not today at 12:00

 

2: True. But we all know by past events, a majority can't get XP fast enough. And doing 2 min games is faster then a 10 min game where he got 600 xp.

 

3: And tbh idk why. As most make it sound like they only get that 1 out 10 games when it's on.

 

4: Well that's actually true. But still... when it's yolo vs yolo. Only one yolo can still win. And there will be one farming on their team too.



kejmo #9 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:57 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26771 battles
  • 601
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011

View PostCobra6, on 13 April 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

 

Dying in the first 2 minutes should be instant disqualify as well.

 

Cobra 6

 

2 minutes ? wow you're a optimistical one :D 19 out of 20 games of mine have a default setting where AT LEAST one of my teammates is dead in first 45 seconds. Now when i'm thinking, i would reward a team with 100% more XP if none of the players die in the first minute. I guess that would be impossible to achieve lol.



dtdp #10 Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 27655 battles
  • 97
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostCobra6, on 13 April 2018 - 08:50 AM, said:

 

No, that would be bad since you'll get punished for ending up in failteams if only wins count.

 

Top 5 XP should count or an activity of at least 60% in the battle. Dying in the first 2 minutes should be instant disqualify as well.

 

Cobra 6

 

that would mean that only top 10-15% player base get the reward , top 7 would be more fair, 30% of the players could hope to finish the mission, and yoloing would be to ineffective in securing top 7 finish :)

CircleOfSorrow #11 Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:19 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28369 battles
  • 1,722
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 13 April 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

 

Fail teams are usually a result of events rewarding bad play more then anything tbh.

 

Tho top 5 xp alone would have fixed it, even on a loss. As then you can't yolo scout to get up. They could simply have said top 5 on a loss, and top 10 on a win. Then you need to actually do something on a loss to get it vs yolo scouting and call it a day like I've seen to many do already more so then usual. And they end up on 10th to 7th place with the early assist alone anyway on a loss. As they leave the team blind for the rest to be effective after that most times.

 

I agree that it should have been top 5 by xp and dmg on a loss.  Theory crafting here; but perhaps WG designs events in order to test player response to input in order to condition future behaviour.



CircleOfSorrow #12 Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 28369 battles
  • 1,722
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View Postdtdp, on 13 April 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

 

that would mean that only top 10-15% player base get the reward , top 7 would be more fair, 30% of the players could hope to finish the mission, and yoloing would be to ineffective in securing top 7 finish :)

 

Top 5 by damage or xp might result in roughly top 7 over time, and might encourage contribution to matches with assistance damage.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users