Jump to content


So How Is Gameplay Now That The Marathon Has Started?


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20724 battles
  • 3,825
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

Hi guys,

 

Just had a lovely ham dinner with mash potatoes and chips and parsley sauce followed by a coffee and lemon meringue but that's enough about that, felt you should know though ;)

 

Will be home in a few hours and play some tanks but as title, how are you guys finding the gameplay now that the marathon is up and running? I see it's a different format to the Pilot marathon so is ok to actually play this game and expect some normal random battles like any other day or is everyone yoloing, playing like complete noobs and ultra aggressive with a side order of team killing?



Kozzy #2 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostTungstenHitman, on 13 April 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

Hi guys,

 

Just had a lovely ham dinner with mash potatoes and chips and parsley sauce followed by a coffee and lemon meringue but that's enough about that, felt you should know though ;)

 

Will be home in a few hours and play some tanks but as title, how are you guys finding the gameplay now that the marathon is up and running? I see it's a different format to the Pilot marathon so is ok to actually play this game and expect some normal random battles like any other day or is everyone yoloing, playing like complete noobs and ultra aggressive with a side order of team killing?

 

What, no roast potatoes, gratin and croquettes?

 

As to your question, I'm sure you will get plenty of

 

"OMG MARATHON RUINED GAME THANKS WG!!1111oneeleven"

 

or

 

"Marathon = more nobos on my team huuuuurrr thanks WG!!!!1111oneeleven"

 



HugSeal #3 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22717 battles
  • 2,010
  • [SWEC] SWEC
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012

Mash potatoes AND chips  You are even stranger than I thought 

 

Only played a bit when it kicked off  But lots of all tier 10 battles with decent players so I decided to just grind my tank as usual since getting special achievements at tier ten would be too big of a hassle when you don't have smaller tiers to bully with less competition from good players. 

 

Lower tiers were similar to normal  



L0ddy #4 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 83947 battles
  • 2,469
  • [TWD] TWD
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

Just the usual one-sided defeats thanks to WG's balanced MM with all the greens & blues on the enemy side. I just kemped bush and farmed until the inevitable........

 

 

:facepalm:



Malakhi75 #5 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:48 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24855 battles
  • 220
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011
Dunno if its me just playing like a wazzock, but it's been pretty dire.

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:55 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20724 battles
  • 3,825
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

Well the full breakdown of meal was two honey glazed slices of ham, two scoops of mash potatoes, some cauliflower, broccoli, turnip, parsnip, carrot all covered in parsley sauce. I was asked if I would like some chips with that which are French fries just in Ireland we call them chips because why not and I was never going to say know to that question. Since it was Friday and the feeling was good and weather is nice with some sunshine I said why not go the whole hog(no pun intended) and get a slice of something sweet and a coffee to stop me from falling asleep when I got back to work. 

 

When I get home I will have a slice of carrot cake, another coffee and maybe play some tanks but why ruin a nice day with tanks if the gameplay is gone down the toilet with marathon maniacs but maybe you guys have played today and can say the gameplay is no different to normal and unlikely to get high blood pressure from players not helping and causing problems. I hope this because I want to continue grinding some crew skills.



Kozzy #7 Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:00 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 38855 battles
  • 2,705
  • [EAB2] EAB2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostTungstenHitman, on 13 April 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Well the full breakdown of meal was two honey glazed slices of ham, two scoops of mash potatoes, some cauliflower, broccoli, turnip, parsnip, carrot all covered in parsley sauce. I was asked if I would like some chips with that which are French fries just in Ireland we call them chips because why not and I was never going to say know to that question. Since it was Friday and the feeling was good and weather is nice with some sunshine I said why not go the whole hog(no pun intended) and get a slice of something sweet and a coffee to stop me from falling asleep when I got back to work. 

 

When I get home I will have a slice of carrot cake, another coffee and maybe play some tanks but why ruin a nice day with tanks if the gameplay is gone down the toilet with marathon maniacs but maybe you guys have played today and can say the gameplay is no different to normal and unlikely to get high blood pressure from players not helping and causing problems. I hope this because I want to continue grinding some crew skills.

 

Not sure why some people get so bent out of shape based on how their WoT session went.  It's a game, it's supposed to be fun.  Just play it until the fun stop and then do something else :D

 

Also, it was only a small, tongue-in-cheek joke about multiple servings of potato (I too would have said 'yes please' to the offer of chips with that meal - although parsley sauce is for fish dishes, surely?!).



TungstenHitman #8 Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:46 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20724 battles
  • 3,825
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostKozzy, on 13 April 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

 

Not sure why some people get so bent out of shape based on how their WoT session went.  It's a game, it's supposed to be fun.  Just play it until the fun stop and then do something else :D

 

Also, it was only a small, tongue-in-cheek joke about multiple servings of potato (I too would have said 'yes please' to the offer of chips with that meal - although parsley sauce is for fish dishes, surely?!).

 

I agree no doubt about that but what can I do when it is battle after battle of "what the f*** guys honestly?" it wears thin and I should say who cares it's just a game and even yesterday evening when was the worst I ever seen I still should not care but it went from bad players to team killers and so on. It's hard not to get drawn in and I should stop but it happens and I remember the last marathon for the Pilot and that was just disgusting gameplay.

 

This marathon is a different format for missions though and can all do many on the same day so maybe it actually translates into a better gameplay since it's not "day 1, spot 4k dmg assist" and then everone plays light tank and yolo's like a fok, is this the case? I'll find out soon enough anyway I suppose.

 

As for the parsley sauce with the honey glazed ham, VERY nice combination. For fish I would go tarter sauce and a squeeze of lemon.



Search_Warrant #9 Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 26690 battles
  • 5,887
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

they say a picture is a thousand words. so.....

 

My teams are:



DracheimFlug #10 Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:51 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014
So far, so bad, but could just be bad luck too. Yesterday I had an amazing day in WoT... well for me at least :)

sniper_pixie #11 Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:55 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50912 battles
  • 221
  • Member since:
    12-15-2011

Thought I'd try the first couple of missions at tier 10 to avoid grinding some xp. 9/11 games were tier 10 only, which seems a bit out of proportion. You're bottom tier 9/11 times when not tier 10 so you'd expect to be top tier more often once you get there.

 

Haven't played much tier 10 for about 3 years now and just astonished at how much gold is fired. In only 1 of those games was I hit by a standard round. Some were HE, everything else was gold. Won't bother trying to bounce 4000 any more as I don't have a 268v4. Roll on tier 6 - 9.

 

Just done some sums as regards to shots fired in the 6 games I played in the Maus. None were Gold. 38 Fired, 18 did damage, and 9 of those were into flanks, rear or a batchat.


Edited by sniper_pixie, 13 April 2018 - 04:06 PM.


8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 62883 battles
  • 3,110
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

1. Weekend

2. x5

3. Marathon for new tier 8 prem

 

whaddaha think :P



Balc0ra #13 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64443 battles
  • 15,455
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Tier 8+ is terrible and pure tier X games can be a swing and a miss as well as fun atm.

 

But tier 6 and 7 is fine tbh. I've been playing Cromwell B and E25. And there it is a pr usual. On EU2 that is. As I'm getting more 900 + XP games there then on tier X atm with everyone trying to get medals or bounces at the same time.


Edited by Balc0ra, 13 April 2018 - 04:02 PM.


thestaggy #14 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 14841 battles
  • 1,932
  • Member since:
    04-24-2015

It is x5 weekend plus a marathon for a free tier 8 premium, so I'd imagine that the average team looks a little something like this

 


Edited by thestaggy, 13 April 2018 - 04:03 PM.


ortega456 #15 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60443 battles
  • 1,010
  • Member since:
    06-08-2012
Gameplay down for some time. Thought I'd go till mission five but will stop at three and spare me the terrible trouble and buy that thing

jabster #16 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • 22,811
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTungstenHitman, on 13 April 2018 - 02:46 PM, said:

 

I agree no doubt about that but what can I do when it is battle after battle of "what the f*** guys honestly?" it wears thin and I should say who cares it's just a game and even yesterday evening when was the worst I ever seen I still should not care but it went from bad players to team killers and so on. It's hard not to get drawn in and I should stop but it happens and I remember the last marathon for the Pilot and that was just disgusting gameplay.

 

This marathon is a different format for missions though and can all do many on the same day so maybe it actually translates into a better gameplay since it's not "day 1, spot 4k dmg assist" and then everone plays light tank and yolo's like a fok, is this the case? I'll find out soon enough anyway I suppose.

 

As for the parsley sauce with the honey glazed ham, VERY nice combination. For fish I would go tarter sauce and a squeeze of lemon.

 

Well maybe, just a thought, when you get home you could fire up the game and see how it is. My suspicion is that you think the teams are going to be bad so they will be ‘bad’.

Search_Warrant #17 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 26690 battles
  • 5,887
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View Postortega456, on 13 April 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Gameplay down for some time. Thought I'd go till mission five but will stop at three and spare me the terrible trouble and buy that thing

 

wow you made it to 3? i was about give up on 1! im halfway threw 2 and im already looking for a sharp object to gouge my eyes out.

jabster #18 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12532 battles
  • 22,811
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostKozzy, on 13 April 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

 

Not sure why some people get so bent out of shape based on how their WoT session went.  It's a game, it's supposed to be fun.  Just play it until the fun stop and then do something else :D

 

Also, it was only a small, tongue-in-cheek joke about multiple servings of potato (I too would have said 'yes please' to the offer of chips with that meal - although parsley sauce is for fish dishes, surely?!).

 

 

Deary me, parsley sauce is quite common with gammon.   



flashbarts #19 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41093 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013
i had leftover Papa Johns Pizza pie and it was delicious

Mimos_A #20 Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:34 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22221 battles
  • 1,848
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015
It's not that bad. It was actually a lot worse yesterday. Yesterday it seemed like I had to either run around like a madman to get damage done or just got thrashed because the team was 0-5 behind in 2 minutes. Today was normal. Some Maus's doing dumb stuff to get the bounce x amount of damage done.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users