• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Frankenstein_42 #1 Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:59 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8055 battles
  • [GTI-O] GTI-O

Hey Guys!

I have no problem playing lights, med or heavys but when I play unarmoured, I dont have that good impact on the result of the game.

What can i improve? Any tipps?

EDIT: yes i know the basics but do you have some good map positions or some special advices?

Sincerly

Frankenstein_42

Edited by Frankenstein_42, 14 April 2018 - 11:07 AM.

jack_timber #2 Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31221 battles

Max out your view range, max out your camo, use natural cover, play as long range support/sniper, let others light up targets. Keep moving up with the push, otherwise you won't have any targets, be very minimap aware.

Don't brawl unless your target is on low health.

City maps can be a right pain but still workable.

Have fun...

Enforcer1975 #3 Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:28 AM

General

• Player
  • 18498 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

^
Vague advice.
It always depends on the TD, enemy setup and the map.
In some cases you can play as a second line heavy / support and with some TDs you can even initiate a push. Always sniping is a bad tactic.

There is no one playstyle...always adapt. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 14 April 2018 - 09:29 AM.

Frankenstein_42 #4 Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8055 battles
  • [GTI-O] GTI-O

View PostEnforcer1975, on 14 April 2018 - 08:28 AM, said:

^
Vague advice.
It always depends on the TD, enemy setup and the map.
In some cases you can play as a second line heavy / support and with some TDs you can even initiate a push. Always sniping is a bad tactic.

There is no one playstyle...always adapt. 

its mostly tanks like the ISU-152 where i got some problems but with the su-100m1 i can work quite well

View Postjack_timber, on 14 April 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

Max out your view range, max out your camo, use natural cover, play as long range support/sniper, let others light up targets. Keep moving up with the push, otherwise you won't have any targets, be very minimap aware.

Have fun...

thats what im doing but do you have any positions for some maps maybe? :)

clanmcwood #5 Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22105 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

Drive a 268 V4 is a *edit

Edited by Jbnn, 16 April 2018 - 12:25 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

NoobySkooby #6 Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7024 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 14 April 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Have fun...

Good advice I can't really add to it as I myself have problems with the non turreted TD's, sit behind a bush, not in it, and go into sniper mode regularly.

View Postclanmcwood, on 14 April 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

Drive a 268 V4 is a cancer of this game that deserves ALL WG staff to burn in hell for being such monumental [edited]to release such an unbalanced stupid tank for NO OTHER REASON than to get people to free XP it 

I dont care if I get banned WG you utter retard cunts GET THAT CANCER TD OUT OF THIS GAME NOW YOU [edited]MORONS

Now it is that bad, the bad side of me thinks, oh yes please one for me, but alas for you lucky tankers I am nowhere near getting this tanks, that said I don't think calling WG rude names will achieve much and as for the free xp issues, simple solution, make all tanks earn free XP, it is the reason I play my premiums, to see those magic numbers go op and up in the right hand corner of the screen.

Frankenstein_42 #7 Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8055 battles
  • [GTI-O] GTI-O

View Postkaptainkrunch, on 14 April 2018 - 10:00 AM, said:

Good advice I can't really add to it as I myself have problems with the non turreted TD's, sit behind a bush, not in it, and go into sniper mode regularly.

i do this too but i dont have the impact i think i should have

clanmcwood #8 Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22105 battles
  • [-VIC-] -VIC-

View Postkaptainkrunch, on 14 April 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

Now it is that bad, the bad side of me thinks, oh yes please one for me, but alas for you lucky tankers I am nowhere near getting this tanks, that said I don't think calling WG rude names will achieve much and as for the free xp issues, simple solution, make all tanks earn free XP, it is the reason I play my premiums, to see those magic numbers go op and up in the right hand corner of the screen.

Asking WG nicely and stating facts and stats will nothing either THAT has been proven they are all [edited]who dont really care about us the players at all, the sooner people wake up and realise this the better

CoDiGGo #9 Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14715 battles
  • [MOARR] MOARR

Turreted tds change to atack mode better.

268-4 tier 11 tank "ez".

Or get more experience in the game, " get gud" and learn to search for damage, instead waiting to enemies enter your fireline.

Babbet_1 #10 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9779 battles

View Postclanmcwood, on 14 April 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

Asking WG nicely and stating facts and stats will nothing either THAT has been proven they are all [edited]who dont really care about us the players at all, the sooner people wake up and realise this the better

And swearing at them achieves your objective better does it? If the game's upsetting you that much I would suggest you play something else. I can assure you, it will be you having a coronary before them!

jack_timber #11 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31221 battles

Unarmoured, as you say, I thought you meant UDES for instance. If this is the case play to its strengths, as I said before, especially in a T10 battle.....

If you have a heavily armoured TD then, as Enforcer said, adapt.

mollethepro #12 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8051 battles

PLAY A RUSSIAN TD, ITS NOT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND HOW Edited OP THEY ARE.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks. 

Edited by VMX, 07 May 2018 - 04:26 PM.

jack_timber #13 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31221 battles

View Postmollethepro, on 14 April 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

PLAY A RUSSIAN TD, ITS NOT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND HOW Edited OP THEY ARE.

What you mean a SU85b?

Edited by VMX, 07 May 2018 - 04:26 PM.

ThinGun #14 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32851 battles
Well, I play nothing BUT TD.  And I can't give you any generic advice beyond 'learn the characteristics of the tank and play accordingly'.  Fixed vs turreted, low vs high, armoured vs glass.  They are all so different.  Even the loading speed makes a difference (think how you'd play an E25 with 2.6 second reload against playing an SU-100 with a 15 second reload - totally different).  I focused on getting specific equipment (camo, rammer, binocs etc) that worked with the overall strategy for the tank and then trained the crews up to match (though I always made sure I had 6th sense before anything else, and then Brothers in Arms). 
Apart from that, learn the mechanics - how far behind a bush to hide - how to fire and retire - where best to support your heavies.

You could so a lot worse than watch replays of games where the TD did have an impact, and try to work out what and why and how that impact was achieved, and finally - practice, practice practice.  Review every game (in your head) to work out what you did wrong, or what you could have done better.

trrprrprr #15 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23634 battles

ovwerall, play like most players play lights and meds...just camp somewhere behind spotter - mostly it will be a slow heavy or TD who spots for meds and lights. Atleast in tier X games its showing pretty strong.  There is no role or your thing to do, just wait  till first in line gets spotted and shot - so enemy lights up and all shoot...rinse and repeat.   

TDs are fun, when you just want to stay back and dont worry for being left alone in some stupid spot. There are sniper lines and there are brawler lines, then there are just a joke TDs that doesnt fit anything.   But cant go wrong with communist line...they have OP guns in tier 4 and after you get BL10...well, you wont need to stay very back in fights. 

HundeWurst #16 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 67602 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

There is honestly only one thing I can say here. The rest is far to complex to just write it down here:

DONT CAMP.

Thats it.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44999 battles

If you want have an true impact on the outcome of the battle, play armored TDs. With those you can support your team and help destroy an enemy flank. Armored TDs also have weak spots and can be destroyed so make sure to share the hp with your team aka don't be a meat shield.

Sniper TDs are more complicated, there're starting positions from which you can snipe and support from a distance then you follow the flow of the battle. Mini map is your best friend in determining the lines of fire and enemy units open to you.

As for map positions, there's no bible or a book for each map but there're starting positions. Pick a map and i, and others ofc, can help you find the initial bearing. Good luck!

ThinGun #18 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32851 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 14 April 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

If you want have an true impact on the outcome of the battle, play armored TDs. With those you can support your team and help destroy an enemy flank. Armored TDs also have weak spots and can be destroyed so make sure to share the hp with your team aka don't be a meat shield.

Sniper TDs are more complicated, there're starting positions from which you can snipe and support from a distance then you follow the flow of the battle. Mini map is your best friend in determining the lines of fire and enemy units open to you.

As for map positions, there's no bible or a book for each map but there're starting positions. Pick a map and i, and others ofc, can help you find the initial bearing. Good luck!

Not strictly true.  I have had most impact with the lightly armoured TDs - using their speed and camo to run around the map.  I'd say my most influential tanks (in order) are Marder 38T, T67 and Scorpion (the US tank, not the German).  I've taken out 10 tanks in a Marder - that's a game changing tank.

Sfinski #19 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29804 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Dont camp too much. Being a TD doesn't mean you have to shoot targets barely in your render range...

XxKuzkina_MatxX #20 Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44999 battles

View PostThinGun, on 14 April 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

Not strictly true.  I have had most impact with the lightly armoured TDs - using their speed and camo to run around the map.  I'd say my most influential tanks (in order) are Marder 38T, T67 and Scorpion (the US tank, not the German).  I've taken out 10 tanks in a Marder - that's a game changing tank.

I wrote "true" impact not the one and only impact. :)

Depending on your team to do specific things so you can snipe or support from a distance doesn't always work. So i prefer to go there and do the work myself, saving them (my team) and myself the frustration. A top tier heavy sniping, a medium with cryptorchidism or a light saving his hp for the next battle,  save yourself the grief and go in yourself.

A good example on how much impact can snipers have is this replay. Playing the strv yesterday on cliff and no matter how much i tried to help they managed to die anyhow. :)

http://wotreplays.eu...matxx-strv_103b

Also tagged with tds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users