Toxicity

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #1 Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10793 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

What is WG doing about this? I just came across this whilst looking for something else totally, trolls with multiple accounts, does WG care or actually do things about this? A word from the staff themselves would be nice on this one.

Flavortown #2 Posted 14 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16141 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
What they are most likely going to do is focus on actual problems.
And when i say focus, i mean just do their own stuff, like add template mm, polish tech tree and 268 v4.

If some one being annoying is getting you into a boiling point may i suggest not playing multiplayer games and focus on singeplayer games instead

Stat_Padder #3 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38931 battles

View Postkaptainkrunch, on 14 April 2018 - 10:48 AM, said:

What is WG doing about this? I just came across this whilst looking for something else totally, trolls with multiple accounts, does WG care or actually do things about this? A word from the staff themselves would be nice on this one.

All of these team-killing players you will notice are 40% players.... Hope Wargaming eventually create an EU3 server for 40% players so they can leave the rest of the community alone.. all they do in game is shoot scenery, drive backwards and die within 2 mins..... the 1 brain-cell they own just can't grasp the concept of this game.

Edited by Stat_Padder, 14 April 2018 - 12:30 PM.

MeetriX #4 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19678 battles

View PostFlavortown, on 14 April 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

And when i say focus, i mean just do their own stuff, like add template mm, polish tech tree and 268 v4.

If some one being annoying is getting you into a boiling point may i suggest not playing multiplayer games and focus on singeplayer games instead

Did you watch the video?

Two guys have made multiple accounts using invite code and all they do is harrasing other players.

Not good PR for WG, but hey if WG is ok with that then I guess we all should agree.

Edit: Worst thing is that they abusing the autoban system.

Edited by MeetriX, 14 April 2018 - 12:20 PM.

RamRaid90 #5 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:18 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

They'll do something abut it probably around the same time you start doing more than one shot of damage per game...

TheOddRogue #6 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9985 battles
It's very rare, not a problem really. Just exit to garage who cares. 

Balc0ra #7 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64443 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Why does everyone think it's that easy? It's the internet after all. Even if they banned every single one of them. It would be as bad one week later. They ban them if they get enough reports. Most of them are one hit wonders and won't to it again. Others keep at it and get what's coming to them at some point. And if they banned every single one for the first offense instantly. WOT's player base would be under 100 players at the most. 

View PostMeetriX, on 14 April 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

Did you watch the video?

Two guys have made multiple accounts using invite code and all they do is harrasing other players.

Not good PR for WG, but hey if WG is ok with that then I guess we all should agree.

Thing is.. that if they get banned on their alt accounts. Or multiple alt accounts. Their IP gets blocked for the duration of the other bans on the same server. As we have seen before. So if they keep at it. They will be locked out of their main too. As you don't know for how long, or how many accounts they have. Or if even WG has done anything with those. We don't know how old that battle is. If they do it enough, they will farm enough reports.

View PostMeetriX, on 14 April 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

Edit: Worst thing is that they abusing the autoban system.

Well the other ppl are falling for their bait trap. It's equally bad. As some ppl don't even learn from that.

Edited by Balc0ra, 14 April 2018 - 12:49 PM.

malachi6 #8 Posted 14 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49249 battles

Complains about everything in the game then tells others to play another game.  Doctor heal thyself?

MeetriX #9 Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19678 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 14 April 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

Why does everyone think it's that easy? It's the internet after all. Even if they banned every single one of them. It would be as bad one week later. They ban them if they get enough reports. Most of them are one hit wonders and won't to it again. Others keep at it and get what's coming to them at some point. And if they banned every single one for the first offense instantly. WOT's player base would be under 100 players at the most. 

Thing is.. that if they get banned on their alt accounts. Or multiple alt accounts. Their IP gets blocked for the duration of the other bans on the same server. As we have seen before. So if they keep at it. They will be locked out of their main too. As you don't know for how long, or how many accounts they have. Or if even WG has done anything with those. We don't know how old that battle is. If they do it enough, they will farm enough reports.

Well the other ppl are falling for their bait trap. It's equally bad. As some ppl don't even learn from that.

They are falling top of the tank when pushing against a wall and get banned. 

NoobySkooby #10 Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10793 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

This video was not about me, although i have had the trolls etc, just wondered if WG actually do things about it?

RamRaid90 #11 Posted 14 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20586 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkaptainkrunch, on 14 April 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

This video was not about me, although i have had the trolls etc, just wondered if WG actually do things about it?

They probably do as much about it as they do about extremely bad players intentionally ruining others experience.

Edited by RamRaid90, 14 April 2018 - 07:59 PM.

Jackzillaaa #12 Posted 14 April 2018 - 08:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1406 battles

The thing is if Wargaming was better and quicker at banning players you''ll find it'll make the community just like leagues community where every child throws around "I'll report you" as a insult and they'll get you banned as it's all automated.

These are problems will never be completely fixed as the problem lies with people and mostly children. 

tangerine_sedge #13 Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18249 battles

There are 2 aspects that bother me about this video :

(1) their provocative and racist user names and chat comments.  If these were UK players they would probably fall foul of hate crimes.  The fact that they are most likely german and anti-semetic probably means they are breaking the law in germany.  Wargaming does nothing about it, even though they could scan user names and chat comments for certain words.

(2) They have obviously been doing it for a long time, demonstrating that wargamings auto ban system and reporting is worth crap.  How many games have they ruined?  How can anyone justify their behaviour.  This is not a one off toxic session, this is a platoon of 3 players going out of their way to ruin  everyones game.

This is the kind of stuff that wargaming needs to fix, or else people will just leave and play a less toxic game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users