Slowly but steadily reaching Pay To Win

Suggestions to better game.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

ammiggo321 #1 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:58 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26731 battles

Hi guys, I'm older player that played this game since the beginning. And I can say that game went really far with graphics, physics and so on. WG did amazing job releasing 1.0 Matchmaking is better then ever, altho when you are in platoon and you can only pick same tier tanks as your friend is kinda limiting. But enough about matchmaking, lets get to the point of topic. There is a lot of games who failed and get shut down after reaching pay to win status. I'm not saying World Of Tanks is pay to win now. Well we can debate about some Premium tanks being "Overpowered" for its tier but there is no point releasing a bad tank, when nobody wants to play it. This is not how business works. But the most frustrating thing for now is Premium ammunition. Yes we all know every one can use it, and its your own will to spend more credits to get more extra shots to targets u cant penetrate. I'm 100% ok with that. Premium shots is good when its used properly. But you know that saying, what's too much that's unhealthy. And yes its unhealthy for the game itself. When you receive 15 shots and out of that 15 all is HEAT, APCR, HESH. You starting to get frustrated. This completely negates all existing armor in game. (Apart Obj 268 4) I have an Idea. I don't want to Premium ammo be removed. This is silly. I think the best thing to do would be to limit ammo. It would make game even more exiting. Imagine if u have only 5 shells of HEAT. Ofcs it would depend on a tank and gun calibre. You would need to use it "wisely" To chose your targets, and save your ammunition for tanks that might be challenge to deal with regular ammunition. Bcs all you see today, is full load of "GOLD" shells destroying anything in its way. No matter if its 1 tier higher Heavy tank with twice more armor. You will get killed in seconds, no matter what tank u drive. I think you guys should pay more attention to this.. bcs its slowly making game harder and harder to play. And title "Free to play" by this day .. i don't think u can call this game Free to play anymore.

Nobody gona watch this topic anyways... but still I think I made my point about state of the game that is in today. ( Sry for bad English.) 

2wq7w2o (2).png

Sfinski #2 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:03 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31950 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
What tank did you play? Also, that's only two tanks. Both have to load full clip of prem ammo to shoot, they wont start reloading normal ammo without shooting existing clip first. 

Ceeb #3 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:04 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30465 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
Read up to the part you said Match making is better than ever.  

Homer_J #4 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Don't worry, gold shells are being removed in the next patch.  Happy?

I find it odd that you say the game is becoming pay to win then cite something which has always been in the game and used to be only available for real money.

[edit]

You got shot by autoloaders, they aren't going to switch ammo with half a clip left, and you bounced two anyway!

I wonder what tank has 1850 hp and two loaders.

Edited by Homer_J, 15 April 2018 - 11:07 AM.

Ceeb #5 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30465 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
Also what tank you driving.   I noticed you didn't put that in the post.  

MalteMullvad #6 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36007 battles
  • [MOOSE] MOOSE

I think it's a good idea!

Will it happend?

Probably when then sun turns green or something!!

Because if it's implemented the fight's would last longer =WG would earn less money........

Cuck0osNest #7 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9920 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA

View Postammiggo321, on 15 April 2018 - 10:58 AM, said:

and its your own will to spend more credits to get more extra shots to targets u cant penetrate. I'm 100% ok with that

Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 16 April 2018 - 03:11 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks

Condono #8 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10028 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

Pay 2 win lmao? AYy , can't pay to win if you can't play.

HundeWurst #9 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:10 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70100 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

View PostCuck0osNest, on 15 April 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

Edited 

Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s, 16 April 2018 - 03:12 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to religious remarks

ThinGun #10 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35433 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
Well I've spent about 100,000 euros on this game and I'm not a unicum yet.  Clearly 'pay to win' isn't working.

Homer_J #11 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCeeb, on 15 April 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Also what tank you driving. I noticed you didn't put that in the post.

Looks like it's M103, 1850 health, no radioman, turret, 2 loaders, 34kph top speed.

vcristi #12 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 67401 battles
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY

View Postammiggo321, on 15 April 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

Hi guys, I'm older player that played this game since the beginning. And I can say that game went really far with graphics, physics and so on. WG did amazing job releasing 1.0 Matchmaking is better then ever, altho when you are in platoon and you can only pick same tier tanks as your friend is kinda limiting. But enough about matchmaking, lets get to the point of topic. 

Ceeb #13 Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:12 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30465 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
Can someone explain to me how it's pay2win

Balc0ra #14 Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66549 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If those two came around the corner expecting a Maus and found you. You can't expect them to press 1 and wait while you shot them can you? As your little example was clip guns. And I've done the same. Like in my ELC even 90. Load a gold round to deal with a Defender. And when I get back, he is gone, but there is a Cromwell there instead. I will still shot him. Even if I had loaded HE for a Brosig he would still get it.

But next patch the gold price on gold ammo will be removed. So it's silver only. As WG calls it "step 1" for what ever their plan is for gold ammo later. But then again that alone won't make a Borsig less mad when ppl shoot aprc on him. Do I find the gold spam to be silly high? Personally no. And a majority of the gold ammo used on me are from guns that would more or less auto pen me with normal ammo. Like I suspect your screen was.

Will gold ammo be the part that kills wot? No... doubt it. Regardless of what they do with it. Even if WG never did anything about it. I doubt it will even make the top 3 for reason ppl left the game when it finally dies.

View PostCeeb, on 15 April 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Some still think ppl use actual gold to buy that ammo. Then you have the other half that thinks you need a fleet of tier 8 premium tanks to afford to use a clip or a few rounds now and then. Thus you still "pay" to win.

Tho I have a few mates that never did spend a single cent on this game. And still can afford to press two now and then, even before they got a few free mid tier premiums here last year.

Edited by Balc0ra, 15 April 2018 - 01:34 PM.

Cuck0osNest #15 Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9920 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA

View PostCeeb, on 15 April 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Cos you are not free 2 win, thats why.

Ceeb #16 Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30465 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 April 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

If those two came around the corner expecting a Maus and found you. You can't expect them to press 1 and wait while you shot them can you? As your little example was clip guns. And I've done the same. Like in my ELC even 90. Load a gold round to deal with a Defender. And when I get back, he is gone, but there is a Cromwell there instead. I will still shot him. Even if I had loaded HE for a Brosig he would still get it.

But next patch the gold price on gold ammo will be removed. So it's silver only. As WG calls it "step 1" for what ever their plan is for gold ammo later. But then again that alone won't make a Borsig less map when ppl shoot aprc on him. Do I find the gold spam to be silly high? Personally no. And a majority of the gold ammo used on me are from guns that would more or less auto pen me with normal ammo. Like I suspect your screen was.

Some still think ppl use actual gold to buy that ammo. Then you have the other half that thinks you need a fleet of tier 8 premium tanks to afford to use a clip or a few rounds now and then. Thus you still "pay" to win.

Tho I have a few mates that never did spend a single cent on this game. And still can afford to press two now and then, even before they got a few free mid tier premiums here last year.

I have a fleet of Premiums. I probably play 3 of them.   

Which is why I'm not doing this mission or buying it.  

Enforcer1975 #17 Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSfinski, on 15 April 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

What tank did you play? Also, that's only two tanks. Both have to load full clip of prem ammo to shoot, they wont start reloading normal ammo without shooting existing clip first. 

I assume it was the Cyka Conqueror judging from the top speed. I'm surprised they managed to damage him at all if he was really driving that tank. 

Homer_J #18 Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEnforcer1975, on 15 April 2018 - 01:42 PM, said:

I assume it was the Cyka Conqueror judging from the top speed. I'm surprised they managed to damage him at all if he was really driving that tank. 

Does that have 1850 hp and 2 loaders?

NoobySkooby #19 Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14086 battles

You can of course opt not to spend a penny on this game, but after a year or so you will still be grinding to tier 5 and a 6, only been playing about a year now, and the need to buy a premium got me early one, not sure if it was the Excelsior or the Type 64, but the FV whatever soon came afterwards. 

Since then i have bought loads and no I am not rich, but I just like or did like some of the things which were on offer. I feel no shame for it either, as lets face we all moan about the game but we still play it, and to keep a game like this on the market needs some sort of cash influx from players.

In fact on that matter alone, show me one computer game that does not have any option to be able to spend money on it.... There isn't one, if you want to earn top money, create a game, in comes the cash.

Pay to win it certainly is not, becoming a unicom is, although reaching those dizzy heights must be like becoming a Jedi master or something:trollface:

Cuck0osNest #20 Posted 15 April 2018 - 02:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9920 battles
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA

View Postkaptainkrunch, on 15 April 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

You can of course opt not to spend a penny on this game, but after a year or so you will still be grinding to tier 5 and a 6, only been playing about a year now, and the need to buy a premium got me early one, not sure if it was the Excelsior or the Type 64, but the FV whatever soon came afterwards. 

Since then i have bought loads and no I am not rich, but I just like or did like some of the things which were on offer. I feel no shame for it either, as lets face we all moan about the game but we still play it, and to keep a game like this on the market needs some sort of cash influx from players.

In fact on that matter alone, show me one computer game that does not have any option to be able to spend money on it.... There isn't one, if you want to earn top money, create a game, in comes the cash.

Pay to win it certainly is not, becoming a unicom is, although reaching those dizzy heights must be like becoming a Jedi master or something:trollface:

There are no relation between spending money on games and pay to win in games, there are just humane ways of monetization, more humane - more popular is game.

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 15 April 2018 - 02:22 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users