• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

spuriousmonkey #1 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 44150 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Hello friends and battle-foes,

I have a super serious question for some of you. After thousands and thousands of battles I still don't know how to play tier 10.

My plan is now to focus on one tier 10 tank and use that tank to learn how to play tier 10.

Which tier 10 tank is the best tank to learn how to play tier 10 in? Preferably one I have.

If you have a different answer you can give that also. Maybe I should play all the tier 10s that I have?

Feel also free to include a "why". Or tell me to use more gold. All insights are welcome.

Your in-humble monkey

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49477 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
Very interesting. You think tier 10 game play, aside from a faster pace and better players, are different from say tier 8 or 9 game? I myself doesn't think so. Same crap as tier 8 or 9, what your team do right and what they do wrong, what your team can or can't do. Didn't notice any major difference in game play.

spuriousmonkey #3 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 44150 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
It could be a personal thing. For some reason it seems that tier 10 punishes mistakes harder than any other tier. Maybe that could be a difference??? I dunno.

truoste #4 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38045 battles
That new obj v4 seems to do wonders for pretty much anyone playing it. It is like you would instantly become a better player. It may not teach you much at all but it sure makes you (and your winrate) look good doing it.

Edited by truoste, 15 April 2018 - 04:20 PM.

anonym_uktlgGKuDbuG #5 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

Depends on your playstyle. If you're hyper aggressive and like leading assaults like me the IS-7 is a good choice, it definitely has big carry potential in 3/5/7 MM and can hold its own in full tier X battles. If you're more of a sniper try a Leopard 1, it gets penned by everything so you'll learn to be careful.

Or just play any of the Russian mediums, they can do everything.

I wouldn't bother with the 268 V4 because it's silly OP, but doesn't have a turret and will definitely be nerfed eventually. 

Edited by Tr0gledyte, 15 April 2018 - 04:23 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49477 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View Postspuriousmonkey, on 15 April 2018 - 05:17 PM, said:

It could be a personal thing. For some reason it seems that tier 10 punishes mistakes harder than any other tier. Maybe that could be a difference??? I dunno.

It does punish mistakes much harder, that's true but the game play is pretty much the same. For example you can't hero your way out of 1 vs. 4 situation like in tier 6, everyone have equipments and good crews so you can't rely on the incompetence of the enemy and most importantly people know the maps and how and where to positions their tanks to get the most out of the battle.

Flavortown #7 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16158 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Patton is fairly easy to play, good dpm, depression, gun handling and it has quite allrite turret nowdays.

If its too slow for you, try the cent instead.

Strappster #8 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

General

• Player
  • 23889 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
From what I've seen recently, tier 10 is a lot more static than lower tiers, even tier 9. According to the players I've asked in battle, this is because repair and ammo costs are expensive, so players are less likely to force a move and would rather wait for the enemy to blink first. How much of that is because a lot of players who don't usually play tier 10 are doing so for the marathon and how much of it is the regular tier 10 experience, I don't know as I don't usually play tier 10 and am doing so for the marathon.

Danger__UXB #9 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:37 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9746 battles

Depends on a few things ie what time of day you play and etc...

BTW i kinda threw myself in there in tier 10 as i wanted to push myself to see how far i could go in this game.

I find the better players play late evening and beyond.I have learnt a few things even tho im still learning myself..

• The game is alot more positional and in many ways unforgiving due to alot of good players being able to take a big advantage of any mistakes you make.(Im still learning this)

• It can be very campy at times with patience prevailing....Like a big game of chess.

• If you are in a 3/5/7 and you are in your new shiny top tier there is slight expectation by your team to play well and as such a little pressure on you till you feel comfortable...this goes eventually

I like to play lights there as you dont have to rely on RNG too much as i know if i am shot i am penned.I dont have to rely on armour the same as any tier.

I recommend lights in whatever tank you play but beware as they will be 90% full tier ten games..

Strappster #10 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:40 PM

General

• Player
  • 23889 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDanger_UXB_, on 15 April 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

I recommend lights in whatever tank you play but beware as they will be 90% full tier ten games..

It's all I've had since the marathon started. When I've played lower tiers the match-making seems to have been sorted out though. Makes me wonder if WG set this marathon up in part to get more people playing tier 10 regularly, thus easing the pressure on tiers 8 and 9.

Danger__UXB #11 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9746 battles

View PostStrappster, on 15 April 2018 - 03:40 PM, said:

. Makes me wonder if WG set this marathon up in part to get more people playing tier 10 regularly, thus easing the pressure on tiers 8 and 9.

Im not sure but.If they did it would be for financial reasons ie;Greed...not to better the gameplay. Just see the obscene OP tanks floating around in tier 10 for proof inducing more gold spam.

I think they might learn eventually that OP tanks kill the gameplay and make it less enjoyable.But my guess is it will be in the future as proven in the past?

Edited by Danger_UXB_, 15 April 2018 - 04:54 PM.

TheOddRogue #12 Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9988 battles
Tier 10 is a mess due to balancing. Unless you play CW or something there's no reason to bother. Play and master tier 9 instead, you will find yourself becoming a better player while actually enjoying your life. Also playing tier 9 gives you the opportunity to learn how to deal with tier 10's, so it'll carry over and indirectly improve your tier 10 gameplay.

Strappster #13 Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 23889 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDanger_UXB_, on 15 April 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Im not sure but.If they did it would be for financial reasons ie;Greed...not to better the gameplay. Just see the obscene OP tanks floating around in tier 10 for proof inducing more gold spam.

I think they might learn eventually that OP tanks kill the gameplay and make it less enjoyable.But my guess is it will be in the future as proven in the past?

Improving the gameplay would increase their returns in the long run, particularly the sale of premium tier 8 tanks if they're no longer seeing tier 10 90% of the time. Gold spam has always been a thing in tier 10, at least as long as I've been playing.

The problem is that most players in tier 10 tanks want to be beating up tier 8 tanks, not fighting equal tier tanks.

TheOddRogue #14 Posted 15 April 2018 - 05:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9988 battles
Even the top 1000 players a dislike for tier 10 in its current state is quite common.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49477 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View PostStrappster, on 15 April 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

From what I've seen recently, tier 10 is a lot more static than lower tiers, even tier 9. According to the players I've asked in battle, this is because repair and ammo costs are expensive, so players are less likely to force a move and would rather wait for the enemy to blink first. How much of that is because a lot of players who don't usually play tier 10 are doing so for the marathon and how much of it is the regular tier 10 experience, I don't know as I don't usually play tier 10 and am doing so for the marathon.

Slow paced games are good for business (damage, xp, win, etc,) unless you are facing a really bad team then it tends to be a fight for damage. Sometimes i loathe this strategy because the more time the game takes the higher the chance of brain damage for some people so sometimes i initiate a push if i can to avoid cerebral hemorrhage. :)

lord_chipmonk #16 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33952 battles
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
I'm with you on this one OP. Tier 10 is the one tier in which I don't really feel comfortable. I feel better playing a tier 8/9 tank in a tier 10 game than playing a tier 10. Dunno why. 

HassenderZerhacker #17 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:00 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27202 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

the problem in tier 10 are the players.

often both teams have shades of purple, blue and green, rarely yellow.

get spotted in an exposed place and it rains shells.

one major problem in tier 10 is that obviously many of these better players know the maps too well. 

the lights know what bush to use, the pesky obj 430/U know what terrain will give them cover and gun depression... 

i have constantly problems with bushes that don't work, or with positions which don't allow me to shoot.

i don't have the time the no-lifers invest in map studying.

i would so much like maps with random features, so that players would have to figure out strategic spots on the fly.

azakow #18 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 75785 battles

View Postspuriousmonkey, on 15 April 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

Hello friends and battle-foes,

I have a super serious question for some of you. After thousands and thousands of battles I still don't know how to play tier 10.

My plan is now to focus on one tier 10 tank and use that tank to learn how to play tier 10.

Which tier 10 tank is the best tank to learn how to play tier 10 in? Preferably one I have.

If you have a different answer you can give that also. Maybe I should play all the tier 10s that I have?

Feel also free to include a "why". Or tell me to use more gold. All insights are welcome.

Your in-humble monkey

So 3.5k matches on tier 10 is not enough for learning the how-to's?

I can double this and still do not know the how-to's!

I am at best, greenish on LT10, borderline yellowish on MT10 and redish on anything else.

I've tried a couple times, but it does not deliver as much adrenaline as some other vehicle classes.

Sure there a some matches that are fine, but most of them are simply "unpleasant".

This applies to a 5+ year time span.

Hence to me the real fun is at tier 5-9.

I've researched quite a lot tier 10, but I can't really bother the 6m credits.

On the other hand I just bought a TVP T50/51 and a BC 155 58, becasue they were on sale and seem tempting to give a try again.

spuriousmonkey #19 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:51 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 44150 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View Postazakow, on 16 April 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

So 3.5k matches on tier 10 is not enough for learning the how-to's?

I can double this and still do not know the how-to's!

I am at best, greenish on LT10, borderline yellowish on MT10 and redish on anything else.

I've tried a couple times, but it does not deliver as much adrenaline as some other vehicle classes.

Sure there a some matches that are fine, but most of them are simply "unpleasant".

This applies to a 5+ year time span.

Hence to me the real fun is at tier 5-9.

I've researched quite a lot tier 10, but I can't really bother the 6m credits.

On the other hand I just bought a TVP T50/51 and a BC 155 58, becasue they were on sale and seem tempting to give a try again.

No. That is the problem. I still don't know how2tier10 after all these games.

I tried out most of my tier 10 tanks yesterday and it was a frustrating experience. It seems everybody had their heavily armoured vehicles out loaded with gold.

In the end I started playing the IS-7 and then things improved a little. My performance became more stable. And I think a reason for this that in many games I blocked 2k damage. In most medium and light tanks I would be dead at this point. They don't block much.

So it could also be that I am having trouble adjusting to the current meta. I am also struggling with not taking unnecessary risks. Being cautious is not something I am used to.

And then there are the remodeled maps. I told myself yesterday for instance: never go to hill again on prohkorovka. If you have the south spawn the hill is just...so meh, Not worth taking the risk for any longer it seems.

I played mostly tier 10 yesterday and it was frustrating. More frustrating than playing any other tank that I know of.

Thejagdpanther #20 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:24 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34538 battles
  • [TKBS] TKBS

Simply... don't, specially during such events (progetto46), with the current MM, with the spam of gold... it's a waste of time, credits and fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users