So, Whats Peoples Experience?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Search_Warrant #1 Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31201 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

To those who bought the Progetto46 (i dont have one) and possibly who tried out the new Italian tanks on test server, whats people's opinions on these? they dont look impressive and i personally dont see the point of them, but i could be wrong and peoples experience with them may vary.

So, how are these tanks? mainly talking from tiers 6-10 or just the Progetto46 in general. from what i see in games i played they die quickly before they get a clip off but a good tank in bad hands makes a tank look bad as a whole.

Who played what and are they worth the effort?

Edited by Search_Warrant, 15 April 2018 - 07:48 PM.

xx984 #2 Posted 15 April 2018 - 07:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 72738 battles

Saw a new thread from you and was immediately like :popcorn:when i clicked.

Jokes aside, I'm not too sure what to think. Not played them myself but seen various videos. The tier 10 could use a buff or two in my opinion. But at the end of the day it adds more variety into the game and something new, so im not gonna complain too much. 

Search_Warrant #3 Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31201 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

View Postxx984, on 15 April 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

Saw a new thread from you and was immediately like :popcorn:when i clicked.

Jokes aside, I'm not too sure what to think. Not played them myself but seen various videos. The tier 10 could use a buff or two in my opinion. But at the end of the day it adds more variety into the game and something new, so im not gonna complain too much. 

Knew it! you are stalking me. :trollface:

Eh but seriously. being cannon fodder for Type5/V4/430U aint much veriety when people simply dont play them anymore. just look at them swedish heavys. bearly see 1 every 100 games if im lucky, see the odd S tank tho.

Seen QB's vid on them. the interclip is REALLY long for the tier 10 (or 9?), like 3.75 seconds? for a measly 360 alpha? the higher tier tanks look pretty bad. tier 7-8 look somewhat interesting at least.

xx984 #4 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 72738 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 15 April 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

Knew it! you are stalking me. :trollface:

Eh but seriously. being cannon fodder for Type5/V4/430U aint much veriety when people simply dont play them anymore. just look at them swedish heavys. bearly see 1 every 100 games if im lucky, see the odd S tank tho.

Seen QB's vid on them. the interclip is REALLY long for the tier 10 (or 9?), like 3.75 seconds? for a measly 360 alpha? the higher tier tanks look pretty bad. tier 7-8 look somewhat interesting at least.

Saw the thread pop up in the recently created on the side :P 

A new mechanic is a new mechanic at the end of the day, it will have a sort of novelty because of that which will make people free XP probably, ill free xp to the tier 6 anyway as i dont like low tiers.. They could use some tuning upwards anyway. But Its WG so not much high hopes..

Akathis #5 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 96507 battles
  • [C3C-P] C3C-P

Wait for tier 8 to be plagued of medium autoloaders: lorraine 40t+progetto 46+regular tier8 italian tank. Will be a lot of fun playing a single shot medium or a black bulldog.

That is: the issue is not that progetto is a good or bad tank per se, the point is that in lot of scenarios (vg 1vs1 duels, clean up) it will wreck single shot enemies, even if the player who plays progetto is a tomato.

But progetto MM will probably kill any pleasure you would have playing it, like it happens with any other tier 8 tank. From this point of view it is barely better than single shot tier 8s, even worse because you need to skip to premium ammo to scratch tier 9 and 10 armor.

Edited by Akathis, 15 April 2018 - 09:31 PM.

FluffyRedFox #6 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 26763 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF

Tier 5 has the potential to be quite nice, it has decent frontal hull armour, no hull cheeks and good side armour so it could be quite a nice heavium. I'm not sure if its placeholder or not but the two stock guns also get 70 pen HE with 175 damage. The tier 4 also gets the same gun so that could potentially be quite....Broken...

Tier 6 gets a good upper front plate that will reliably stop 110 pen guns, and will be really nasty when hulldown if not for the rather flat 80mm turret. It gets a 240 alpha gun with good DPM and ok gun handling.

Tier 7 also gets a decent upper plate, being resistant to about ~160 pen guns on the flat while being quite mobile. It does however have less DPM than the tier 6 despite having a similar 90mm gun but it gets better gun handling due to being able to mount v.stabs.

Tier 8 is where it starts getting interesting. The stock grind will be, quite frankly, aids since you get 165 standard pen with only a measly 195 premium pen. The gun is autoreloading, but with only 2 shots in the clip on the stock turret, which increases to 3 shots with the top turret. Top gun is your standard 212 pen, 240 alpha tier 8 medium gun. With a full clip, the time to reload 1 shot is similar to other mediums standard reload at 6.33. It handles well but the platform no longer has the armour advantage as its essentially the Panther hull with a 120mm flat turret front. The mobility is fantastic however, with good top speed and great traverse.

The tier 9 and 10 play rather similarly, they both have completely no armour (except the tier X has an upper plate thats great against AP and APCR, but butter against HEAT), and have rather poor clip alpha (1,080 for the tier 9 and 1,440 for the tier X) and essentially play like low DPM mediums with the occasional option of having a "quick" burst of damage. The interclip reload with a full clip is rather poor at  3.25 seconds for the tier 9 and 2.75 seconds for the tier X, so you won't get punished as hard if you're caught off guard than to something like a TVP. 

marlboro80 #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32012 battles
I got the progetto.
Playstyle can be compared to the Lorraine.
It is a support tank with very good mobility paper armor and the new autoloading system, wich is really great in my opinion.
Acceleration and ground resistance make it very mobile, even light tanks have problems following at the start. It reaches its speed limit very fast and can hold it easily.
Armor is the weakness, as it’s not existence. A bounce here and there is just pure luck, any tank you face can pen you even low tiers with stock guns, so don’t count on this.
In the hands of someone who can use his strength to the limits this tank is a powerful tool, for the average guy it’s probably hard to master.

trrprrprr #8 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5358 battles
  • [V-M-E] V-M-E

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 15 April 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

To those who bought the Progetto46 (i dont have one) and possibly who tried out the new Italian tanks on test server, whats people's opinions on these? they dont look impressive and i personally dont see the point of them, but i could be wrong and peoples experience with them may vary.

So, how are these tanks? mainly talking from tiers 6-10 or just the Progetto46 in general. from what i see in games i played they die quickly before they get a clip off but a good tank in bad hands makes a tank look bad as a whole.

Who played what and are they worth the effort?

Only point for me to try and get one for free, so i can sell it right away :)

Elsingor #9 Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16525 battles
  • [BPON] BPON

I tried them on the test server today for the first time, my impressions, after the buffs is of very balanced tanks.

Pretty good mobility, very small size, nice top speed, paper armor on the hull, the turret may bounce something but you can't relay on it.

The gun is pure fun, the dpm I guess is one of the worst, but allows you to not waste your time after shooting half of the shells to take the entire time recharging before being able to shoot again.

I'm loving them!

anonym_kUQyj0XwjEe2 #10 Posted 21 April 2018 - 07:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
I downloaded the teat server and bought a T6 and T8 vehicles. I quite like the look of the T6 med. Sadly despite numerous attempts only managed to get one game as I was always waiting so in the end sacked it. I have thought about buying the Potato 46 as now have 40% discount but not sure. I have the Lor 40 T and enjoy playing that so interested in comments ref similar playstyle. To be fair the games on the normal server where the Potato 46 has appeared they don't seem to have faired that well.

Lbtmia #11 Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 55088 battles
reloading in progetto i bugged - wneh there are 4 shells left, 2 r loaded and 2 others just left, perhaps they keep it for mafia boss ;)

trrprrprr #12 Posted 24 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5358 battles
  • [V-M-E] V-M-E
well today i finished 8th mission and bought one for 11euro as i wont be able to get to 9th as i have to work :)  Overall its a very nice tank to play. Everything about it is just great...sure its paper and if you compare damage to other tanks it pretty meh....but agility and speed on this medium is great, and it makes pretty good penny too.  Highest ive got was 172k silver with prem and 50% credit boost, but without credit boost its pretty common to end game even in a lose with ~40-50k profit(if you dont get deleted by some nasty arty or TD)

anonym_kUQyj0XwjEe2 #13 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:19 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Did the same as trrprrprr and eventually bought it. Its fast pen is ok for tier 8, amour is wafe thin but if you can get in a good position and fire only one round at a time the reload is just over 6 secs. Then when you have reduced their HP you can give them a 3 round burst and retire to reload the whole clip. Its not a brawler and doesn't like arty and my nemesis at the minute appears to be the T30.

Potato_Samurai #14 Posted 29 April 2018 - 04:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31655 battles
  • [FIPZD] FIPZD
I got 60% off. I have to hank WG for this vehicle. Tihs is definitely best wg bring in so far. Lovely. just my thing.

KasparStavro #15 Posted 30 April 2018 - 06:22 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36730 battles
ive got it at 40% discount and i wont be buying it. i like the mechanics behind this new loader  and i think it would be nice piece of isk earning but not at this price

Partybooper #16 Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25470 battles

In my opinion, the premium Progetto is a very decent machine, just like I suspected when its stats were first published. You don't have to worry to only fire a single shot like you would in your autoloaders, and in a 1 on 1 in the late game you can clip an enemy if necessary. It makes this vehicle really flexible. Only 2 seconds intraclip reload comes in very handy as well.

In my opinion, due to its mobility and very decent gunhandling, dispersion, aimtime and gun depression, it is one of the strongest tier 8 mediums in the game at the moment. The only downside is that the matchmaking, like with all tier 8s at the moment, butchers this vehicle's potential quite a lot.

If you happen to be top tier down to tier 6 enemies, you can see that the Progetto is a very scary tank to be afraid of.

One thing I like about the balancing of these vehicles: Tomatoes won't do very well in them easily. The premium Progetto is a high risk - high reward tank. If you know your basics, you can do well and take advantage of its strengths. If you don't know what you are actually doing every single game, this tank will not forgive you any mistake you make though. That's exactly the kind of balancing this game needs.

Unlike blatantly OP tanks like the 268 v4 for example, which are simply idiot-proof.

Edited by Partybooper, 02 May 2018 - 10:59 AM.

Traangas #17 Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:28 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36655 battles
  • [DUAL] DUAL

The premium tank is annoying AF in Frontline, can pretty much wipe out tanks with ease in combinations of 2 or 3 tanks. 

The autoreloading system is something they shouldve kept out of WoT. Next to that theyre too flexible in everything. 

Valerius #18 Posted 14 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 33281 battles

View PostTraangas, on 13 May 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

The premium tank is annoying AF in Frontline, can pretty much wipe out tanks with ease in combinations of 2 or 3 tanks. 

The autoreloading system is something they shouldve kept out of WoT. Next to that theyre too flexible in everything. 

The autoreloading system is the only reason for the line given they have low DPM and crap armour.

In a stand up fight 1v1 they are likely to lose due to modules being knocked out left right and center so you choose as argument that a group of them can kill any single target, well news flash any group of any tanks should be able to kill off any single target of their tier and the wolfpack tactic is no different than what other autoloaders do.

Kothaar #19 Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 68586 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
Pantera is pretty much helpless alone against almost any autoloader, since it cannot produce enough damage to stop the others to shoot back. Its defence is to run away, shooting at enemy is a big mistake. Strictly a support tank to be used as part of a group. Sadly, playing as part of a group would require people to understand group tactics. Or at least some kind of tactics.

It would be a great tank used in a platoon, but in public matches it either snipes for a half a dozen hits, hitting for damage with maybe one in three shots, or gets obliterated if it attempts a close range fight.

Edited by Kothaar, 09 July 2018 - 09:53 PM.

TheRealTwist #20 Posted 06 August 2018 - 08:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 41261 battles
  • [CAHU] CAHU

4: Slow, bad gun soft stats, nice HE pen but too low damage to count. no armor, bad camo

5: Faster and more agile, played it with the normal top gun and AP rounds, it can even snapshot on short distances. some armor, no camo

6: Again slow, nice damage per shot, horrible view range cause I had to use GLD and not the Optics and soft stats for the gun. some armor, no camo

7: Faster and more agile, no armor, alpha damage is nothing special on tier 7, bad softstats of the gun, some camo

All: slow Bullets, miss standing targets on medium distance fully aimed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users