Jump to content


blue in garage..but why me :(

blue

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

wAr_God_11 #1 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6596 battles
  • 31
  • [LOFGR] LOFGR
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

hey guys..

i rarely jump to forums but seriously..this time i had to...

i got blue for nothing!:(

as soon i realised its draining both our hp i drove it back but meh...to late i guess...

and sorry i lost control on my language :unsure:

btw can i upload the replay or is it against the rule??

-plus how long will the blue stay :P



TungstenHitman #2 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:37 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18619 battles
  • 3,453
  • [TKSV] TKSV
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostwAr_God_11, on 15 April 2018 - 08:32 PM, said:

hey guys..

i rarely jump to forums but seriously..this time i had to...

i got blue for nothing!:(

as soon i realised its draining both our hp i drove it back but meh...to late i guess...

and sorry i lost control on my language :unsure:

btw can i upload the replay or is it against the rule??

-plus how long will the blue stay :P

 

No by all means upload the replay and we'll take a look :)

 

Edit- how long will you stay blue? Can be anything from just one battle to several battles depending what happened. If you accidentally shoot a teammate capping while trying to defend him from a circling light tank or something, it can last for maybe 10 battles, just on the brink of being banned.


Edited by TungstenHitman, 15 April 2018 - 09:39 PM.


wAr_God_11 #3 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6596 battles
  • 31
  • [LOFGR] LOFGR
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

http://wotreplays.eu...d_11/id/751703 

 

i hope i don't get a warning for this :amazed:



K_A #4 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:40 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13566 battles
  • 4,656
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013
You drove over or under a friendly tank. This will cause damage to both of you. This is team damage. Team damage is against the rules. The system counts the number of hits, and when you're on top of someone every 'tick' of damage counts as a hit. The system isn't perfect, but it's what we have. You should count yourself lucky to only go blue, blue will go away after a while.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:40 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18619 battles
  • 3,453
  • [TKSV] TKSV
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostwAr_God_11, on 15 April 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

http://wotreplays.eu...d_11/id/751703 

 

i hope i don't get a warning for this :amazed:

 

You won't, it's not naming and shaming outside perhaps, yourself lol. We will see

wAr_God_11 #6 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6596 battles
  • 31
  • [LOFGR] LOFGR
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostK_A, on 15 April 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

You drove over or under a friendly tank. This will cause damage to both of you. This is team damage. Team damage is against the rules. The system counts the number of hits, and when you're on top of someone every 'tick' of damage counts as a hit. The system isn't perfect, but it's what we have. You should count yourself lucky to only go blue, blue will go away after a while.

 

but whats with that attitude..seriously its not like u just drove around to do this

K_A #7 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:46 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13566 battles
  • 4,656
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

View PostwAr_God_11, on 15 April 2018 - 08:43 PM, said:

 

but whats with that attitude..seriously its not like u just drove around to do this

 

I apologise if it seemed like I have an 'attitude'. I certainly didn't mean it, I simply explained to you an issue that the automated team damage system has. This has been an issue with the team damage system for ages, and WG doesn't seem to be able to fix it. I've done it accidentally, many others have done it accidentally, now you probably did it accidentally. These things happen, it's no one's fault but sometimes if you're unlucky you end up blue or even banned for it. Like I said, the system ain't perfect, but it's what he have and we all have to live with it.

wAr_God_11 #8 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:48 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6596 battles
  • 31
  • [LOFGR] LOFGR
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostK_A, on 15 April 2018 - 09:46 PM, said:

 

I apologise if it seemed like I have an 'attitude'. I certainly didn't mean it, I simply explained to you an issue that the automated team damage system has. This has been an issue with the team damage system for ages, and WG doesn't seem to be able to fix it. I've done it accidentally, many others have done it accidentally, now you probably did it accidentally. These things happen, it's no one's fault but sometimes if you're unlucky you end up blue or even banned for it. Like I said, the system ain't perfect, but it's what he have and we all have to live with it.

 

actually...i was talking about that dude in replay  :mellow:

Balc0ra #9 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62806 battles
  • 14,399
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostwAr_God_11, on 15 April 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

 

but whats with that attitude..seriously its not like u just drove around to do this

 

No attitude there. He simply pointed out that if it lasted a few ticks more, you would have been banned. Thus count yourself lucky etc.

 

View PostwAr_God_11, on 15 April 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

-plus how long will the blue stay :P

 

It's a system based on enemy to friendly damage ratio. Just keep damaging enemy tanks to push the ratio down. And it will go away.

 

Edit:

 

View PostwAr_God_11, on 15 April 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

 

actually...i was talking about that dude in replay  :mellow:

 

Oh.. never mind my first response then.

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 15 April 2018 - 09:51 PM.


TungstenHitman #10 Posted 15 April 2018 - 09:51 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18619 battles
  • 3,453
  • [TKSV] TKSV
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

The T34-85M didn't take too kindly to you shoving him and he shoved you into the rock wall lifting your tank up onto his which clocked up lots of consecutive team damage turning you blue. Not sure how a T34-85M medium tank has the power to reverse shove and lift a fat KV-1 heavy tank up a rock wall on top of itself but it somehow did.

 

You turned blue and carried on clocking up team damage for a little bit beyond the initial turning blue so I would guess you will be blue for maybe 8-10 battles and were lucky not to be banned, not that you knew anything about it and didn't actually go about doing what happened. Note- players can get really pizzed about another tank driving up behind, blocking escape and in your case, actually trying to drive through his tank. This can get a player killed and push them into harms way. This happens a lot and there seems to be a lack of understanding to the fact that you cannot physically pass through a solid object in this game no more than you can in real life so if you want to go somewhere or move forward to shoot a target, go AROUND your teammate and not try and go through him, it's not going to work, how would it ever work? 

 

Edit- You did not maliciously shove and bash the T-34-85M so you were not being troll or nasty but you 100% can see what the fok you are driving into lol. Don't bully passed teammates and don't park directly behind them too, both he cannot reverse to cover and you obviously cannot shoot anything with him in the way so just don't go directly behind teammates, it's a dik move in this game.


Edited by TungstenHitman, 15 April 2018 - 09:55 PM.


wAr_God_11 #11 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:02 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6596 battles
  • 31
  • [LOFGR] LOFGR
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 April 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

Edit- You did not maliciously shove and bash the T-34-85M so you were not being troll or nasty but you 100% can see what the fok you are driving into lol. Don't bully passed teammates and don't park directly behind them too, both he cannot reverse to cover and you obviously cannot shoot anything with him in the way so just don't go directly behind teammates, it's a dik move in this game.

will keep in mind :great:

 

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 April 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

 Note- players can get really pizzed about another tank driving up behind, blocking escape and in your case, actually trying to drive through his tank. This can get a player killed and push them into harms way. This happens a lot and there seems to be a lack of understanding to the fact that you cannot physically pass through a solid object in this game no more than you can in real life so if you want to go somewhere or move forward to shoot a target, go AROUND your teammate and not try and go through him, it's not going to work, how would it ever work? 

 

btw i tried in the beginning going around him but the traverse is so bad it just hit him in the back :teethhappy:



K_A #12 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:04 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13566 battles
  • 4,656
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013

View PostwAr_God_11, on 15 April 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

 

actually...i was talking about that dude in replay  :mellow:

 

Ah, well, I didn't actually even bother watching it because i got a quite good description of what happened in your initial post.. :P

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:07 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 18619 battles
  • 3,453
  • [TKSV] TKSV
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostwAr_God_11, on 15 April 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

btw i tried in the beginning going around him but the traverse is so bad it just hit him in the back :teethhappy:

 

Gotta love how a 550 alpha shell derp shell does 93 damage to a light tank, feels good. I played the Panzer4 derp a few times over today and yesterday to try and build some credits and as cheaply as possible, HE only. I was getting similarly pathetic low rolls on paper tanks too for some reason. I guess WG nerfed the sh** out of derp guns. Better off using the more consistent non derp option but tbh I play it for LOLS, only they ain't there any more clearly. :(



wAr_God_11 #14 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:11 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6596 battles
  • 31
  • [LOFGR] LOFGR
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 April 2018 - 10:07 PM, said:

 

Gotta love how a 550 alpha shell derp shell does 93 damage to a light tank, feels good. I played the Panzer4 derp a few times over today and yesterday to try and build some credits and as cheaply as possible, HE only. I was getting similarly pathetic low rolls on paper tanks too for some reason. I guess WG nerfed the sh** out of derp guns. Better off using the more consistent non derp option but tbh I play it for LOLS, only they ain't there any more clearly. :(

 

well i just bought kv1 to unlock kv2 ..but thought might as well try derp on it too . ..not really great, but its great when top tier atleast :trollface::trollface:

HeidenSieker #15 Posted 15 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 10046 battles
  • 4,396
  • Member since:
    03-26-2016

View PostwAr_God_11, on 15 April 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

i got blue for nothing!:(

 

Sorry to disagree with you. For such a trivial thing, there must have been previous incidents. Still, that's not my main point.

 

My main point is just advice:- if you're driving along and you are aiming at green tank, then just like in real life, pointing real guns at people - don't - accidents can happen.

 

Have fun, and try to lay off the team damage, accidental or otherwise!



Mimos_A #16 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:05 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21295 battles
  • 1,766
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View PostHeidenSieker, on 15 April 2018 - 10:23 PM, said:

 

Sorry to disagree with you. For such a trivial thing, there must have been previous incidents. Still, that's not my main point.

 

My main point is just advice:- if you're driving along and you are aiming at green tank, then just like in real life, pointing real guns at people - don't - accidents can happen.

 

Have fun, and try to lay off the team damage, accidental or otherwise!

 

Nah, if you land on top of someone it can go pretty damn fast. Last week I had one where I didn't do team damage in ages, I accidentally shot a friendly in the back of the turret, then.a few games later I tried to help a friendly light who flipped himself on the tank traps on Siegfried Line, somehow physics decided the most sensible thing was for me to sort of flip on top of him, which caused him to die and me to get an hour ban. The system with the ticks for team damage when on top of someone is crazy harsh.

Edited by Mimos_A, 15 April 2018 - 11:06 PM.


Tipperty #17 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:12 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 19027 battles
  • 450
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013

View PostMimos_A, on 15 April 2018 - 10:05 PM, said:

 

Nah, if you land on top of someone it can go pretty damn fast. Last week I had one where I didn't do team damage in ages, I accidentally shot a friendly in the back of the turret, then.a few games later I tried to help a friendly light who flipped himself on the tank traps on Siegfried Line, somehow physics decided the most sensible thing was for me to sort of flip on top of him, which caused him to die and me to get an hour ban. The system with the ticks for team damage when on top of someone is crazy harsh.

 

I wouldn't worry about it. Most of the time I have gone blue because of accidental friendly fire. However, I went blue tonight, but it might not have been totally accidental.

wAr_God_11 #18 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:15 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6596 battles
  • 31
  • [LOFGR] LOFGR
  • Member since:
    08-28-2017
blue gone after some battles..nice :popcorn:

lord_chipmonk #19 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 32183 battles
  • 10,166
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostwAr_God_11, on 15 April 2018 - 11:15 PM, said:

blue gone after some battles..nice :popcorn:

 

Usually, as long as you aren't making a habit of it, a few battles played and it will wear off. :)

Mimos_A #20 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:32 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21295 battles
  • 1,766
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View PostTipperty, on 15 April 2018 - 11:12 PM, said:

 

I wouldn't worry about it. Most of the time I have gone blue because of accidental friendly fire. However, I went blue tonight, but it might not have been totally accidental.

 

I'm not worried about it for a second, these things happen. I never do teamdamage apart from the occasional accident. The few times I've turned blue have been from messing about with clanmates. It just showed me how fast that damage adds to your "naughty-points".





Also tagged with blue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users