Jump to content


radio silence


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:04 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27203 battles
  • 2,394
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

would you like to have a key to toggle radio silence, i.e. temporarily stop transmitting enemy positions to your team?

 



Cuck0osNest #2 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:17 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8924 battles
  • 907
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016
More, i want shooting available only by own viewranges with temprorary bonuses from radio. You feel that path? Path of making game playable.

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 16 April 2018 - 01:18 AM.


Strappster #3 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:24 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23889 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostCuck0osNest, on 16 April 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

More, i want shooting available only by own viewranges with temprorary bonuses from radio. You feel that path? Path of making game playable.

 

Go play WarThunder then. I'm sure they'll be interested in whatever rating you make up so that you look good.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:43 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66235 battles
  • 16,231
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
This will help you how? As the only thing I see happening then is that the easy kill you wanted alone was not alone himself, and now it's suddenly a 1 vs 4. And you died, and your team was unable to help, or won't react to the rear flank until it's to late. As your radio silence did not show them flanking around the map to get behind your remaining team mates... Yeah I can see that working well for the game.

Strappster #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:57 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23889 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 April 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

This will help you how?

 

I suspect it's so that when he finds a single tank, he doesn't have to share the xp with anyone else. Team work making the dream work. :great:



vcristi #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:54 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 67071 battles
  • 461
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    08-10-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

would you like to have a key to toggle radio silence, i.e. temporarily stop transmitting enemy positions to your team?

 

 

View PostCuck0osNest, on 16 April 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

More, i want shooting available only by own viewranges with temprorary bonuses from radio. You feel that path? Path of making game playable.

 

When two [edited] agree about something, you know that thing is a bad idea...really bad....

Jigabachi #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:21 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,005
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

would you like to have a key to toggle radio silence, i.e. temporarily stop transmitting enemy positions to your team?

Hell no. Why would anyone want that?



Emeraldweed #8 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:41 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10427 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostJigabachi, on 16 April 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Hell no. Why would anyone want that?

 

so he can farm damouge without anyone stealing it from him 

Hendrik3 #9 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 2766 battles
  • 146
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK
  • Member since:
    02-04-2013

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

would you like to have a key to toggle radio silence, i.e. temporarily stop transmitting enemy positions to your team?

 

 

No, this is a team game - it's not about giving you all the kills. Most selfish request ever... this can only benefit the enemy.

Jigabachi #10 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:24 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,005
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostEmeraldweed, on 16 April 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

so he can farm damouge without anyone stealing it from him 

I guess this was more about starting another pointless thread (he should have over 200 by now) as this idea is horribly stupid to anyone with a braincell. Not only because it would crate a lot of chaos and fuel deliberate egoism, but also because it would give the dumb masses another tool to make them even more of a liability. 


Edited by Jigabachi, 16 April 2018 - 09:44 AM.


HQ65 #11 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:28 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29469 battles
  • 591
  • [CMERC] CMERC
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

would you like to have a key to toggle radio silence, i.e. temporarily stop transmitting enemy positions to your team?

 

 

Why would you want that? Make no sense? Unless you are trying to keep your teammates from shooting at spotted tanks? Still makes no sense to me...

_DeathWing_ #12 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19167 battles
  • 638
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
  • Member since:
    09-01-2012
Simple answer - NO

IncandescentGerbil #13 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:36 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35679 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015
I can see occasions when it would be advantageous to the team. As things currently stand, you spot one tank, and immediately half your team fires at it, including your three arties. That tank is obliterated three times over. Meanwhile, the other tanks you light a few seconds later escape back into cover, because your team is reloading... Not saying it's a good idea generally, but it might add an extra degree of interest to the light tank player if he were able to tactically delay his targetting reports somewhat. The negative aspects probably make it a non-starter though.

Cuck0osNest #14 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8924 battles
  • 907
  • [YGDRA] YGDRA
  • Member since:
    07-25-2016
OP's request makes sence. It is just incomplete. Allied moron could just start to teamkill in anger for not transmitting to him, or allied tank must have to drive forward to spot for himself  including taking damage if he is full hp- this case looks like potential teamplay already. Minimap position should be always transmitted.

Edited by Cuck0osNest, 16 April 2018 - 01:44 PM.


unhappy_bunny #15 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18092 battles
  • 2,668
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Dear OP, you obviously thought this would be a good idea, but you dont explain why? Could you please explain the benefit of this?

 

 



HQ65 #16 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29469 battles
  • 591
  • [CMERC] CMERC
  • Member since:
    01-16-2012

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 16 April 2018 - 09:36 AM, said:

I can see occasions when it would be advantageous to the team. As things currently stand, you spot one tank, and immediately half your team fires at it, including your three arties. That tank is obliterated three times over. Meanwhile, the other tanks you light a few seconds later escape back into cover, because your team is reloading... Not saying it's a good idea generally, but it might add an extra degree of interest to the light tank player if he were able to tactically delay his targetting reports somewhat. The negative aspects probably make it a non-starter though.

 

I could agree if you couldn't reload. And it is extremely rare for one shot kills.

malachi6 #17 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:59 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 49855 battles
  • 3,444
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
I smell a whiff of stop stealing my kills here.  Sadly this is a team game and there is no kill stealing.

IncandescentGerbil #18 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:05 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35679 battles
  • 1,443
  • Member since:
    11-24-2015

View PostHQ65, on 16 April 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

 

I could agree if you couldn't reload. And it is extremely rare for one shot kills.

Like I say it's not necessarily a good idea, and there are doubtless plenty of reasons to dislike it. But it might be a nice differentiating factor for scout tanks if they had the choice  to delay their spotting report to a more tactically advantageous moment. Would also be a fun way to irritate the map pinging, entitled ingrates in their TDs and SPGs. People always complain about lights just being worse versions of meds, with no defined advantages...



HassenderZerhacker #19 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:22 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27203 battles
  • 2,394
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 16 April 2018 - 10:36 AM, said:

I can see occasions when it would be advantageous to the team. As things currently stand, you spot one tank, and immediately half your team fires at it, including your three arties. That tank is obliterated three times over. Meanwhile, the other tanks you light a few seconds later escape back into cover, because your team is reloading... Not saying it's a good idea generally, but it might add an extra degree of interest to the light tank player if he were able to tactically delay his targetting reports somewhat. The negative aspects probably make it a non-starter though.

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 April 2018 - 01:43 AM, said:

This will help you how? As the only thing I see happening then is that the easy kill you wanted alone was not alone himself, and now it's suddenly a 1 vs 4. And you died, and your team was unable to help, or won't react to the rear flank until it's to late. As your radio silence did not show them flanking around the map to get behind your remaining team mates... Yeah I can see that working well for the game.

 

View PostStrappster, on 16 April 2018 - 01:57 AM, said:

 

I suspect it's so that when he finds a single tank, he doesn't have to share the xp with anyone else. Team work making the dream work. :great:

 

View PostHendrik3, on 16 April 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

 

No, this is a team game - it's not about giving you all the kills. Most selfish request ever... this can only benefit the enemy.

 

View PostHQ65, on 16 April 2018 - 09:28 AM, said:

 

Why would you want that? Make no sense? Unless you are trying to keep your teammates from shooting at spotted tanks? Still makes no sense to me...

 

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 16 April 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

Like I say it's not necessarily a good idea, and there are doubtless plenty of reasons to dislike it. But it might be a nice differentiating factor for scout tanks if they had the choice  to delay their spotting report to a more tactically advantageous moment. Would also be a fun way to irritate the map pinging, entitled ingrates in their TDs and SPGs. People always complain about lights just being worse versions of meds, with no defined advantages...

 

yeah - the idea is not to go radio silent at the beginning or while the battle is still raging - it was an idea I had yesterday because I played a lot of battles and when I have a good battle, I find myself usually with 4 or 5 kills already, near the enemy and then I go arty hunting.

 

the problem is my team's arty.

as soon as I spot the enemy arty, they start aiming, I get one shot in, and the 48% clicker who did 500 damage for the whole battle gets the kill.

 

I also tried to drive onto the arty and shooting once and then ram it to destroy it before these pesky arties do. this sometimes succeeds, but I often get teamkilled in the process when my team's arty shells land at the spot and often there is one or two more arties to kill.

 

at this point I have to disclose that I positively hate arty, of course the enemy arty more but my own team's arty close behind.

and I really dislike the idea that I do the work of finding the kills and they take it.

 

so I had this idea of radio silence.


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 16 April 2018 - 07:23 PM.


Strappster #20 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:31 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23889 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
Ah, the disguised arty whine thread. Haven't seen one of these for, oooh, a few minutes? :rolleyes:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users