Rear turreted tanks Just for Lolz

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #1 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12964 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

I decided to start the day with a few games in my A 44, IS-M and STG, oh my word what a mistake, for the life of me I cannot play rear turreted tanks and it is not for the wan of trying. I watch the video's of QB and the like and marvel at the side scraping features of said tanks. I then get in game wanting to do the same with mine, and lo and behold I get a open field map rather than a city one.

Overall then not  most pleasing way to start a week, working out how to play these damn things must be harder than working out Quantum physics, as it is way beyond me:amazed:

Any advice on how these things are meant to work, other than camping or sniping would much appreciated.

PS: Has WG ran out of decent tanks for us to purchase (E 25, IS3a, the forbidden one etc?)

IncandescentGerbil #2 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35679 battles
I farmed a side-scraping 705a for all his hp in my 4005 yesterday. Took three hits, but I was still feeling a bit sorry for him by the end of it. Playing rear mounted tanks to their strengths doesn't count for much when they are getting HE lobbed at them by Type 5s etc. My point being that it is likely to be an even trickier business at t9 and above.

NoobySkooby #3 Posted 16 April 2018 - 11:20 AM

Major

• Player
  • 12964 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostIncandescentGerbil, on 16 April 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

I farmed a side-scraping 705a for all his hp in my 4005 yesterday. Took three hits, but I was still feeling a bit sorry for him by the end of it. Playing rear mounted tanks to their strengths doesn't count for much when they are getting HE lobbed at them by Type 5s etc. My point being that it is likely to be an even trickier business at t9 and above.

I think i have learned my lesson not to play them although I admit to having a really bad day, all my games people just sit and camp, not often i have to turn the game off through rage, must definitely be a Monday, lol

Enforcer1975 #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You have barely played any games with them...but are you sure the problem lies with the tanks and not somewhere else?

Homer_J #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postkaptainkrunch, on 16 April 2018 - 10:40 AM, said:

I watch the video's of QB and the like and marvel at the side scraping features of said tanks.

I'm sure they don't post up the videos of them getting wrecked by HE spam, just the ones where it works for them.

IS-M you want to try to sidescrape but when it's not working then don't sit there dumbly hoping they will start bouncing.  They won't.  Hopefully you left yourself an escape route.

I don't see sidescraping working for the A-44, but rear turreted tanks have other advantages, such as being able to peek without showing half their hull and pull back into cover forward therefore faster.

HQ65 #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29487 battles
  • [CMERC] CMERC

View Postkaptainkrunch, on 16 April 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

I think i have learned my lesson not to play them although I admit to having a really bad day, all my games people just sit and camp, not often i have to turn the game off through rage, must definitely be a Monday, lol

Exact opposite for me....that's every day except for Monday's for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users