Jump to content


S1 disappears in front of my eyes


  • Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:34 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25579 battles
  • 2,257
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

before someone asks, replay link:

http://wotreplays.eu..._pilot_number_1

 

at 11:55, the STRV S1, which I was keeping permatracked, simply vanishes in the open.

my Pilot has 462 view range.

 

I know I know, it's working as intended - the S1 probably has OP camo and bla bla bla.

 

but this is very stupid.

 

maybe WG should implement a rule going something like "as long there is a direct LoS on a target within view range, it cannot go unspotted unless the LoS is broken".



Jigabachi #2 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,543
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

maybe WG should implement a rule going something like "as long there is a direct LoS on a target within view range, it cannot go unspotted unless the LoS is broken".

Which would make the game entirely unplayable.

 

Quality thread. Again.



HassenderZerhacker #3 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:48 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25579 battles
  • 2,257
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostJigabachi, on 16 April 2018 - 07:43 PM, said:

Which would make the game entirely unplayable.

 

Quality thread. Again.

 

explain why

 



kejmo #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:49 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27913 battles
  • 648
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

 

explain why

 

 

I'm telling of spotting bugs and anomalies since 1.0 came out and yeah, this is one of them.

HassenderZerhacker #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:51 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25579 battles
  • 2,257
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View Postkejmo, on 16 April 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

 

I'm telling of spotting bugs and anomalies since 1.0 came out and yeah, this is one of them.

 

no it's not - the S1 didn't shoot, so its camo came back up, it must have 50% or something, which effectively reduces my viewrange to 231, so it disappears.

which is simply ridiculous.



Laukaus #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:57 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 8309 battles
  • 120
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
this is a russian game so it works as intended. 

RamRaid90 #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20586 battles
  • 6,285
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

 

no it's not - the S1 didn't shoot, so its camo came back up, it must have 50% or something, which effectively reduces my viewrange to 231, so it disappears.

which is simply ridiculous.

 

FUlly camoed up it has around 65% camo.

_b_ #8 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:03 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 54991 battles
  • 3,956
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011
it didn't disappear, you just can't see it any more ... but it's still there ... which is why you 'blind-shoot' there ... and get lovely 'u fekking h4x u chiiiter!' msgs in garage afterwards

HassenderZerhacker #9 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:12 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25579 battles
  • 2,257
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View Post_b_, on 16 April 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

it didn't disappear, you just can't see it any more ... but it's still there ... which is why you 'blind-shoot' there ... and get lovely 'u fekking h4x u chiiiter!' msgs in garage afterwards

 

big hint: dis-APPEAR

so it doesn't APPEAR anymore...

APPEAR is a literate word for "being visible"



Browarszky #10 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:13 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16012 battles
  • 3,537
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View Post_b_, on 16 April 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

it didn't disappear, you just can't see it any more ... but it's still there ... which is why you 'blind-shoot' there ... and get lovely 'u fekking h4x u chiiiter!' msgs in garage afterwards

 

If you are lucky, yes...:sceptic:

HassenderZerhacker #11 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:13 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25579 battles
  • 2,257
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostRamRaid90, on 16 April 2018 - 08:01 PM, said:

FUlly camoed up it has around 65% camo.

 

this game mechanic has to be tweaked.



Browarszky #12 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:20 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16012 battles
  • 3,537
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

 

this game mechanic has to be tweaked.

 

Yes.

DracheimFlug #13 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

before someone asks, replay link:

http://wotreplays.eu..._pilot_number_1

 

at 11:55, the STRV S1, which I was keeping permatracked, simply vanishes in the open.

my Pilot has 462 view range.

 

I know I know, it's working as intended - the S1 probably has OP camo and bla bla bla.

 

but this is very stupid.

 

maybe WG should implement a rule going something like "as long there is a direct LoS on a target within view range, it cannot go unspotted unless the LoS is broken".

 

And this is why TD's cannot have good things. Camo, particularly for TD's, has been nerfed directly and indirectly a few times. These are not new mechanics. Seriously you have been around over two years and know this.

jack_timber #14 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:25 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32474 battles
  • 1,893
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

S1 must have had Romulan cloak skill on crew:)

 

 



Jigabachi #15 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,543
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 07:48 PM, said:

explain why

It's your idea, so it's time to think about the consequences. You should learn to do that BEFORE posting.



HassenderZerhacker #16 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:59 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25579 battles
  • 2,257
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostDracheimFlug, on 16 April 2018 - 08:24 PM, said:

 

And this is why TD's cannot have good things. Camo, particularly for TD's, has been nerfed directly and indirectly a few times. These are not new mechanics. Seriously you have been around over two years and know this.

 

if you read my post, you should know i was not asking for explanations, i was saying that the way things work is stupid.

HassenderZerhacker #17 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 25579 battles
  • 2,257
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostJigabachi, on 16 April 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

It's your idea, so it's time to think about the consequences. You should learn to do that BEFORE posting.

 

yes sure: things within viewrange remain spotted until line of sight is broken by cover, bush, ridge, whatever. 

 

so now it's your turn to explain why this would break the game.

 

you seem a bit mentally constricted, like... not a free thinker, you don't like discussing ideas or the hypothetical.


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 16 April 2018 - 09:03 PM.


DracheimFlug #18 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:04 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

 

if you read my post, you should know i was not asking for explanations, i was saying that the way things work is stupid.

 

Indeed. There should be realistic map sizes, no 6th, proper amounts of cover and you should have to spot enemy tanks using actual vision rather than them being highlighted neatly. Oh and you should be limited to either commander, gunner or driver's view (your choice, but keep in mind they are not identical and the commander is not usually the one actually aiming or driving). 

 

And a single penetration should have a high chance of knocking out your tank.

 

But then you would likely have rather a lot more problems with 'invisible' tanks and would probably complain even more.... 

 

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

 

yes sure: things within viewrange remain spotted until line of sight is broken by cover, bush, ridge, whatever. 

 

so now it's your turn to explain why this would break the game.

 

you seem a bit mentally constricted, like... not a free thinker, you don't like discussing ideas or the hypothetical.

 

Because maps are way too small, especially since as soon as there is line of sight the game tells you not just that you have spotted someone but precisely where and what too. The keywords in your humble suggestion are 'within view range' but you seem to want that extended to the horizon to prevent something backing outside that range from disappearing. It is easy to be a free thinker and spout random thoughts. It is rather more difficult to actually think those thoughts through. Nevertheless, you should try it sometime. 
 

Edited by Jbnn, 17 April 2018 - 08:41 AM.


Jigabachi #19 Posted 16 April 2018 - 09:20 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17858 battles
  • 18,543
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 16 April 2018 - 09:01 PM, said:

you seem a bit mentally constricted, like... not a free thinker, you don't like discussing ideas or the hypothetical.

You post random brainfarts without bothering to think about them yourself, so you just want people to think for you. That's not free thinking, that's just being lazy.

That said: You still didn't think about the consequences of your idea. You merely repeated it.



German_Dunc #20 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36029 battles
  • 1,875
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

The alternative is the WT system, which is equally broken as it can be abused by ULQ settings, zoom mods, and changing the gamma on your monitor (seriously, some tryhards were supposedly doing that).

 

Spotting system works for the mechanic of the game. 

 

Yes, it's stupid, but so are tanks with HP, tracks being repaired in 8 seconds, and the endless stream of Objekt concept tanks that were abandoned because they simply didn't work. 


Edited by German_Dunc, 16 April 2018 - 10:25 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users