Progetto 43 premium tank

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Ionutz3d #1 Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 44133 battles

First impression was he dont have enough pen to face tier 9 and tier 10 vehicles.Lorr 40 t is more better i think.

I bounce in tvp many times, i bounce in skoda. 

Turet armor dissapointing , cant hull down u will get rekt by any tier tank.

Remi_Drexel #2 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14844 battles
Best tier 8 medium in the game hands down imo, if you have the skill to use it.

geoff99 #3 Posted 20 April 2018 - 06:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 49400 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View PostValkyrie514, on 18 April 2018 - 12:49 PM, said:

Best tier 8 medium in the game hands down imo, if you have the skill to use it.

​Really? According to wotzilla you have better w/r and dpg in Cent, Guard and 40t. Please explain.

Remi_Drexel #4 Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14844 battles

View Postgeoff99, on 20 April 2018 - 06:20 PM, said:

​Really? According to wotzilla you have better w/r and dpg in Cent, Guard and 40t. Please explain.

Those tanks are a bit easier to use, and a bit more scary in some circumstances. Cent is a hull down sniper, Guard is a good sniper and flanker, and the 40t is an autoloader meaning it can dump a large amount of damage very quickly if it get's into a situation where it is about to die. Progetto on the other hand can work ridge lines without exposing too much, snipe pretty well, flank very well, and act like an autoloader when it needs to. I will say though the last 10 or so games in it went less than well, but I don't blame the tank for that. Additionally I just started playing again after a long break, and before the break the mm was a lot less awful. Since I got back it has been 90% tier 10 matches and there is only so much you can do when everything out classes you. 

Point is this tank can do more than any other tank in a single game. It can't do all of them as well as tanks with dedicated roles but the key is flexibility. I expect my stats in it will even out after another 30 or so battles considering the plays it has been able to pull off so far.

Edit: Oh yeah I almost forgot, my crew on the Progetto sucks. My other tanks use crews with 3 skills, this one doesn't even have the first one at 100%, and not having sixth sense hurts.

Edited by Valkyrie514, 22 April 2018 - 07:08 AM.

anonym_kUQyj0XwjEe2 #5 Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

Valkyrie

Thx for the feedback. I have been thinking about buying this. I currently have 40% discount but as yet I am undecided. I have pm'd a couple of players who have used the vehicle in games I have played but if you bought the tank you don't really want to say its been a waste of money and the feedback I have received does not bear out the performance of the vehicle/players in the game which to be honest has been disappointing. But thanks again.

Idahou #6 Posted 23 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

General

• Veteran
  • 37805 battles
  • [IDDQD] IDDQD

And what about solo gameplay? I mean ... random. It seems like good universal tank what could play well in most of situation except tanking ofc. But it is? I mean isnt playing it in random battle stressfull? I think we all know tanks what can excell but we dont play tham because they are easier and more pleasent vehicles to play

I would like to also hear opinion about its use in modes like incoming frontline.

Thanks

Call_me_BamBam #7 Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19387 battles
  • [METOX] METOX
fun tank, i like it

VarzA #8 Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:21 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30262 battles
  • [ROM-E] ROM-E

Just got it .... this tank is difficult to play right, and making it even worse ... the MM is a nightmare atm.

It's got good accuracy, and good aimtime, but it suffers when playing it as a sniper because of it's low shell velocity.

Gun is not derpy (great thing), but it has a tiny little derpy character .... not enough to miss the tank at 300-400m, but enough to miss the point where you want to hit, especially if you rush the shot a little.

Great at firing on the move, especially against soft targets.

it's got gun depression but it's not a magic -10, just -9 .... enough  for most ridgelines.

Good camo, good mobility, but the mobility comes from the resists and not the engine, so it doesn't feel 'peppy', the kind of peppiness you get with great hp/t.

Vision is not that great, 390m base view range and the commander doubles as radio operator, so you kinda need 5 skill crew to get the most out of that vision, and recon becomes kinda useless to train (commander is chokepoint, and when you reach 4th skill/perk, BIA is so much better than recon).

Had the loader been the radio operator, you would have needed at most a 4 skill crew for max vision.

It's a tank with a very high skillcap

The way i've started playing it, is i shoot only once, at most 2 times if shot has high probability of hitting. I keep 3rd shot as backup.

In early position, i might unload full clip if a high value target appears.

There are probably better ways to play it.

DzielnaSurykatka #9 Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 37477 battles
Does Progetto need Safe Stowage on loader? I think my ammo rack wasn't damaged in over 60 battles, so I'm tempted to skip the perk, or at least leave it for later.

VarzA #10 Posted 24 April 2018 - 08:44 AM

Major

• Player
  • 30262 battles
  • [ROM-E] ROM-E

I haven't noticed, not that many battles, though i did get a few ammo racks.

Tbh .... it's not really a problem, and i think you should get it.

1st skill/perks should be camo. I would reset commander for 6th sense and loader for safe stowage and start up on camo on them.

Gunner and driver should have gun related perks/skills.

After the 3rd you will see the limitations i mentioned, and they are on the commander, as you really need to get past 3rd skill/perk and into the 4th to max out vision and go further.

Good news is that the tank can use vents, because of the overall good gun handling, so that means (390+8+39)=437m view range with 100% crew.

With situational awareness (3rd skill on commander) you can push 450.

Once you reset for BIA and get sit awareness to about 60%, you will get 453-460 (460 with both BIA and sit awarenss trained well).

5th should get you Recon and push you to 465-468m view range.

Food is another 21m or so.

RUSSIANBlAS #11 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17235 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I've looked this tank over and I'll likely get it when I hit 80%.

Will likely have to drop a female Commander into it I guess.

Other than the auto reloader I can't see any strengths it has over the other T8 Meduims. Ok pen and low alpha but with a weak turret unlike some of the competition. The main thing is why would I actively choose to play this over a Lorraine 40t which has an excellent gun and other soft stats.

anonym_kUQyj0XwjEe2 #12 Posted 25 April 2018 - 10:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles
Have just got this. Wafer thin armour, arty cause problems (might as well have a sunroof) and for some reason my nemesis appears to be the T30. Its fast, good aim time and good accuracy. The autoreloader is good. Let the clip fill (3 rds) fire a round let it reload (6 secs) repeat. When you have reduced their HP give them the three round clip to finish them off. Be aware like any other autoloader you need 21 seconds plus to fully reload the clip which means relying on others to protect you or having a nice safe place to hide. Enjoyed it so far.

Heavyfoot #13 Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:00 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23673 battles

I don't have to many games in this tank but so far I'm enjoying it.

Mobility: Very good. It's a reasonable fast and nimble tank. 

Firepower: Adequate. You might have to aim for weakpoints some times but overall I think you can work with 212 mm of pen. The 9 degree of gun depression is nice. 

Armour: Non existing. You might bounce a round or two on your turret but You can assume that you will be pened more often than not. 

You have to work your autoloader smart. As suggested, keep it to 1 shot (with the 6 sec reload) until you can finish off the target. That is a good approach. If you have plenty of backup, you might want to punish enemy tanks that is not careful and peeks over a hill or something. You backup can protect you during your reload then.

The package they sell this tank in with (in my case) a 30% discount is to me worth the money.

slowcow #14 Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:53 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23793 battles
  • [WSN] WSN
I have not played this game actively for 5 years and just returned. All maps, tanks and overall playstyle is completly different. But I've found myself doing exceptionally well in this tank. Amazing.

Edited by slowcow, 26 April 2018 - 10:55 AM.

ironz #15 Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 21659 battles
Just played 1 battle in this last night, but even without any crew skills it felt very comfortable to drive and shoot. First impression - 8/10.

Suurpolskija #16 Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24660 battles
I've been fairly surprised about the performance. It seems very "reliable" credit maker compared to single shooting tanks. I might be a bit trigger happy with it, while I try to play sensible and maximize the dpm, I seem to be very eager to spam all three shells into targets that are available.

Jackarl #17 Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47755 battles

It's a good tank no doubt. Is it overpowered? Not at all.

The mobility is good, but not great. It turns rather slowly.

The gun handling is very good. 2s reload between the shots is really nice to have.

It's interesting that it can fire faster than most 240 alpha single shot Tier 8 mediums, while also having the capability to be an autoloader. This is why I think this tank is going to be the best tier for tier of any Italian tanks. The Tier 9 and 10 Italian tanks reloads for so long AND does less damage than other 105mm guns.

Edited by Jackarl, 27 April 2018 - 12:25 PM.

azakow #18 Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 94667 battles

I quite like it.

I do waste alot of potiential damage on nooble like shooting and reload actions.

To me the sounds of regular auto loaders and this one are to much one another, i.e. mag empty or insufficent amount of ammo of this type. It is hard to distinct the meaning.

WG seem really creative on names. ahave a look:

Spoiler

AzoreanOutkast #19 Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14071 battles

Bought it and after having quite some battles on it i can say very good medium!

Love this mechanics of the autoreloader...

To clarify i got the Lorraine 40T so u know when i compare the 2.

I can say i get far more joy of playing this italian tank than the french one, and the tipping point here is its versatility!

In the italian u can play as a "normal" medium, or u can go beserk and unload all those shots on the enemy, u can do middle term and unlike the 40T that u fire less cause u know ur gonna have to do a long reload after u shoot all 4 shots, in this one, despite u need to reload ur not all that helpless when reloading, cause as soon as the 1st shot is loaded its available to use if need be, lost count of all the extra damage i got in end of a losing battle cause i still managed to putt 1 or 2 more rounds into the enemy before i went down, cause they knew i had fired all 3 shots already on another target.

And best of all u can play it as a "normal" medium and unload all 3 shells or 2 if need be when u feel its the moment to do so.

Versatil, enjoyable playstyle, yup no armor, but in the 40T u also get penned almost by everybody anyway too, so...

I love using both, off course now im using alot the progetto and will continue to do so, cause its gameplay style suits my way of doing things perfectly.

Good credits and xp is fairly easy to do with this tank if u have the skill and mindset to use its capabilities well, not for all for sure, but those who can play it, i bet all love it!

Edited by AzoreanOutkast, 16 September 2018 - 12:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users