The only reason we have 3 tier matches.

3tier money annoying match making

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic

BaDToaD64 #1 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10026 battles

Firstly let me state this is my opinion. however i can see no other logical reason for a 3 tier match making system so I stand by my conclusions. I would love to hear from WG as to what their reasoning is for 3 tier matches.

World of Tanks has 3 tier matches for one reason only. To make money. You see, 3 tier matches means that bad players and new players get to have a good chance of doing some damage when they are top tier. This keeps them interested in the game and playing for longer making more money for WG. Unfortunately this also has the effect of annoying the hell out of good players because the Match Making system will punish you if you are a good player. it will ensure you get more than your fair share of middle and bottom tier matches. This means you will never get far ahead of bad players.

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23202 battles
My God he's cracked it! Bravo sir bravo! and it only took him over 10k battles!

Kozzy #3 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

Hang on a minute?!  Are you trying to say this company, that employs hundreds of people across multiple offices, is trying to make money?!  How dare they?  

TankkiPoju #4 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20798 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Pretty much what OP said. The same reason is why the game has 25% RNG in everything: To make the gap between good and bad players smaller.

WG usually says the MM is the way it is because it creates more diverse matches... and well, they are right in that. The game would be more boring with only single tier MM.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 17 April 2018 - 12:34 PM.

BaDToaD64 #5 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10026 battles

Ah bless did the little chap need his scarcasm hat on for that... OFC it's obvious but why aren't we talking about it!

WoT Blitz has 2 tier battles and is much better for it. I just don't care for the short battles as much.

SABAOTH #6 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 36802 battles
  • [-133-] -133-

View PostBaDToaD64, on 17 April 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

Firstly let me state this is my opinion. however i can see no other logical reason for a 3 tier match making system so I stand by my conclusions. I would love to hear from WG as to what their reasoning is for 3 tier matches.

World of Tanks has 3 tier matches for one reason only. To make money. You see, 3 tier matches means that bad players and new players get to have a good chance of doing some damage when they are top tier. This keeps them interested in the game and playing for longer making more money for WG. Unfortunately this also has the effect of annoying the hell out of good players because the Match Making system will punish you if you are a good player. it will ensure you get more than your fair share of middle and bottom tier matches. This means you will never get far ahead of bad players.

Just think it used to be 5 tier spread. :coin:

trrprrprr #7 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 870 battles
  • [VIIWO] VIIWO

View PostBaDToaD64, on 17 April 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

Its other way around man....  Good players have all the weakspots and tricks to fight those +2 pretty much effective. Even more, for damaging higher tiers you get better reward.  Sure, there are tanks that just doesnt perform good and have wery little room where it can stand a chance against equal tier. But you have to understand, both sides have equal tier tanks, so in a decent game youll have top tiers fighing top tiers while lower ones support as much as they can.  Plus many games been where those tier Xs make so stupid mistakes and get downed by tier 8s very fast.  And WG have alot ways in forcing to spend more money in to this game, like in the middle of tank line put a retardedly broken tank that only strongest ones will grind without free exping the EDIT out of it.

Edited by Vaigl_cz, 18 April 2018 - 10:20 AM.
swear word

BaDToaD64 #8 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:44 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10026 battles

Seems to me you people seem to think 3 tier matches are fine. The way I look at it most other online MMOs are pretty much balanced, what ever the genre. As for 5 tiers when was that? Can you imagine CSGO vs people that you couldn't pen from any direction?

VeryRisky #9 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

General

• Player
  • 17685 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
...but the OP plays more than half his battles in TDs, which mostly have far less trouble doing damage in a +2 battle than other classes.

BaDToaD64 #10 Posted 17 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10026 battles

And that's the reason I like TDs. Because somewhere around tier 2 or 3 I realised that a better gun counts for a lot vs higher tiers. Since then I've learned about weak spots, what ammo to use when, map tactics etc. The trouble is map tactic mean bugger all when you are stuff in a bottom tier tank in postition with no support because the lemming train has gone the other way and invariably been wiped out anyway.

VeryRisky #11 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:00 PM

General

• Player
  • 17685 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If they all go one way then go with it and see if you can make the rush work unless you have a tank that can hold a flank solo.   No point sitting there, dead, telling them they were wrong.

Kozzy #12 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:00 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostBaDToaD64, on 17 April 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

Ah bless did the little chap need his scarcasm hat on for that... OFC it's obvious but why aren't we talking about it!

Occasionally some naive person will trundle onto the forums and say "OMG why isn't the game how I want it?, why isn't the payment model in such away that the company who makes the game also makes LESS money?!".  Today, you are that person.  In case you STILL don't get the answer: WG are a company who have set out to make money.  Using their model they are making a lot of money, why would they change what they do?

Balc0ra #13 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66629 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Considering most bad and new players can't even pen anything when top tier. It don't really make much of a difference tbh. Even more so in the current super heavy meta. I had an IS-3 on my team last night. He did struggle vs the tier 7 Jap HT even. And that's an easy tank to pen for a super heavy.

BaDToaD64 #14 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10026 battles

View PostKozzy, on 17 April 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Occasionally some naive person will trundle onto the forums and say "OMG why isn't the game how I want it?, why isn't the payment model in such away that the company who makes the game also makes LESS money?!".  Today, you are that person.  In case you STILL don't get the answer: WG are a company who have set out to make money.  Using their model they are making a lot of money, why would they change what they do?

You didn't answer my question though did you. Just attempted to goad me.

jabster #15 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12566 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostBaDToaD64, on 17 April 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

Probably for the same reason that the Pope doesn’t do that thing in the woods why wearing a silly hat.

Kozzy #16 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostBaDToaD64, on 17 April 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

Can you quote the question?  As there doesn't actually appear to be one, just some posts of you making a fool of yourself.  Like this little gem:

View PostBaDToaD64, on 17 April 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

World of Tanks has 3 tier matches for one reason only. To make money...

So, again, you show your naivety (or maybe just plain ignorance) that a company is doing things to make more money.  So, again, what was your question?

CircleOfSorrow #17 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles

View PostBaDToaD64, on 17 April 2018 - 12:31 PM, said:

I can't find a question in your OP, and the only question you have asked is if somebody can imagine playing against players in CSGO that can't be damaged.  You are coming off as a tad odd and confused.

Jigabachi #18 Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If you really think that it's just all about the money: What would be a alternative? One that actually works...

WoT isn't like those other games. In shooters, you don't have guns or equip that is flat out better than other guns or equip. It's all on the same level with small differences in a few basic characteristics. This gun is a bit more accurate but has a lower RoF. That gun has a bigger mag but reload is longer. You don't have guns that shoot 200% faster and do 500% more damage. How would you be able to put a Loltraktor and a Maus into the same game without some kind of tier system? And do you also complain about the grind in RPGs, which is pretty much the same concept that you have here in WoT?

Robsham #19 Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10643 battles

View PostKozzy, on 17 April 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

So, again, you show your naivety (or maybe just plain ignorance) that a company is doing things to make more money.  So, again, what was your question?

Personally I think the game would be better with +1/-1. The fact that a gameplay change would impact on WG's income doesn't mean that advocating for that change is somehow illegitimate and deserving of sarcasm and scorn, it just means that it probably won't happen.

Kozzy #20 Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

Major

• Player
  • 38855 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

View PostRobsham, on 17 April 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

Personally I think the game would be better with +1/-1. The fact that a gameplay change would impact on WG's income doesn't mean that advocating for that change is somehow illegitimate and deserving of sarcasm and scorn, it just means that it probably won't happen.

I 100% agree with you!  I would love the game to be +/-1 MM with two templates: 5/10 and 15.  I feel this would make the game WAY more fun and solve a lot of the balance issues.  I do feel this kind of MM would have a detrimental impact on two things at least: 1) bad players will have even less chance to do well (they can no longer bully better players while tiers above them) 2) WG will make less money (grind will be less grindy, players will stay at lower tiers as it wil be more fun, it will be way easier to farm credits etc).  So, I don't think it will happen until WoT starts to fall apart.

Also tagged with 3tier, money, annoying, match, making

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users