Gameplay.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dr_Strangefruit #1 Posted 17 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13086 battles

Having been away for over a year from the game I can say the game is now very impressive graphically but still suffers from the same old tired issues that I left for previously, mainly premium ammo still making the game unplayable as everyone seems to be lobbing it about these days and negating any player skills in targeting.

This game needs to take a page from the World of Warships manual and have only AP and HE to make the game playable once more.

Condono #2 Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10028 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL
My m56 scorpion has to disagree, premium shells don't seem to affect my gameplay. I would gladly take premium shell into myself over standard one. :trollface:

ThinGun #3 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34082 battles
From my perspective, the only thing that ruins the game is the number of people bellyaching about premium ammo.  I mean .. seriously .. someone making a bit more damage than usual is making the game unplayable?  That's 10000% exaggerated.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20724 battles

Have you tried not getting shot? That works for me vs any ammo type and I can say that since I play tanks with zero->poor armor so is never factored into the equation. I side scrape where possible when I play heavies and even with medium tanks so you could have 10000pen it ain't doing any harm apart from knocking tracks off. HE is a problem imo and cheap dmg for nothing other than shooting a tank in the general area of where that tank is but there area only a handful of tanks that pack a caliber THAT big to really make HE a problem such as the Jap heavies, most other HE options tend to be more low rolls than anything you would bet your house on for reliable alpha. 

So maybe you drove your big dumb dumb heavy around some of the open maps and got wrecked by premium ammo, ok, but when choosing classes of tanks to play you hedge the pros against the cons, on a city map, all other classes cry, on open maps, heavies cry. What do you want? A tank that can indiscriminately walk through shots unopposed simply because it is big and slow? "But you can shoot their sides and rear" let me tell you something, that is a crock of s***, unless it's 1vs1 you cannot do anything to get the sides or rear of these big monsters. 1. Most maps are corridors so you cannot do this. 2. Heavies generally travel in packs, you don't face 1 you face 3-4 and for until team numbers are reduced by half or more then you cannot get sides because apart from heavies moving in packs and generally hugging some sort of hard cover, they also have support from their teammates in the shape of medium tanks and light tanks along with rearguards in the way of TD's and campers so what is the solution? Gold ammo is the possible solution and maybe if you actually aim and you are lucky for your shot to actually go where you aimed it and not disperse or get RNG, you might pen that hard target. Get over it or take another year out.

ThinGun #5 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34082 battles
Or, play TD.  At least if someone shoots you with gold, you have the pleasure of knowing they wasted their credits as you head back to the garage,

Hendrik3 #6 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2766 battles
  • [T-ANK] T-ANK

View PostDr_Strangefruit, on 17 April 2018 - 01:55 PM, said:

Having been away for over a year from the game I can say the game is now very impressive graphically but still suffers from the same old tired issues that I left for previously, mainly premium ammo still making the game unplayable as everyone seems to be lobbing it about these days and negating any player skills in targeting.

This game needs to take a page from the World of Warships manual and have only AP and HE to make the game playable once more.

... sounds like an excuse for sucking more than you'd like. Just load up on gold ammo, see if you perform any better. No? There goes your argument.

Frostilicus #7 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:45 PM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22423 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

So, the OP wants to be able drive around and have no-one able to counter him? And presumably a gun that can penetrate everything in game, solely using AP...

Think OP needs another year out, this theory seems half-baked :)

killer999death #8 Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:34 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23549 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
The only thing that ruins gameplay is this great 3/5/7 matchmaking.

This game was fun 2 years ago without this bizzare abomination of a fair matchmaking.

Flobdeth #9 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Commander
  • 25302 battles
  • [-TXG-] -TXG-

I've come back after two years.

I regret it very much, wasted a week playing a completely broken game, no, not playing for your overpriced paper thin overpriced "new" premium turd tank, well, new at least till the end of the month when you bring out a new one.

I don't even know where to begin really.

MM completely broken unless you're in a T9-10, grinding a T8 is a complete waste of time, every single game T10, light tanks wreck your T8 heavy within two minutes even sitting at the back.  Armour is useless.  May as well have 15 lights every game.

Wargaming, tanks is nothing but a polished turd.  Nothing has changed since I last quit, except the fact you've become more greedy, and the grindable tanks are useless, no wonder every game is filled with what looks like 10 bots.

It would be easier to list what is good about this game than list the STILL broken mechanics.  But I guess all those bots grinding tanks keep yous in a job, well done on completely breaking your already broken game as of two years ago

ThinGun #10 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34082 battles

View PostFlobdeth, on 17 April 2018 - 05:09 PM, said:

I've come back after two years.

I regret it very much, wasted a week playing a completely broken game, no, not playing for your overpriced paper thin overpriced "new" premium turd tank, well, new at least till the end of the month when you bring out a new one.

I don't even know where to begin really.

MM completely broken unless you're in a T9-10, grinding a T8 is a complete waste of time, every single game T10, light tanks wreck your T8 heavy within two minutes even sitting at the back.  Armour is useless.  May as well have 15 lights every game.

Wargaming, tanks is nothing but a polished turd.  Nothing has changed since I last quit, except the fact you've become more greedy, and the grindable tanks are useless, no wonder every game is filled with what looks like 10 bots.

It would be easier to list what is good about this game than list the STILL broken mechanics.  But I guess all those bots grinding tanks keep yous in a job, well done on completely breaking your already broken game as of two years ago

And yet you came back.  If this game is so bad, how much worse are the others you tried, such that you wanted to come back to this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users