Jump to content


How did I penetrate obj 268 v4 frontly (HESH)

How did I penetrate obj 268

  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

SpartA_1ah1 #1 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:20 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16664 battles
  • 71
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

Hi

 

I was playing random game with Super Conqueror then i faced obj 268 v4 frontly first i switch ammunition to HESH

i want to track him but something happened that makes me blowed away

one of my 4 shots of HESH penetrate obj 268 v4 frontly

How?

 

replay Link http://wotreplays.eu/site/4305336

 

Time 13:13

 

thanks



jack_timber #2 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32435 battles
  • 1,886
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Funnily enough took out original 268 last night also managed to pen v4 frontally, erm did press the 2 key though - hangs head in shame...

Took about 1600 hp off him, in total, because it also set him on fire:)

Result.


Edited by jack_timber, 17 April 2018 - 05:34 PM.


BKatt #3 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:43 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 31281 battles
  • 383
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013

I penned a Obj 268 V4 frontally with my fv4005 frontally once with hesh aswell.

I think the game broke, as WG clearly designed the Obj not to get penned.:child:



OreH75 #4 Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 46899 battles
  • 1,979
  • [RANGR] RANGR
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013
RNG!

German_Dunc #5 Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:16 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35947 battles
  • 1,875
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

I've done with the 4005 before.

 

Without looking at either replay or tanks.gg it'll be overmatch the roof or the shot dropping onto the target causing it to penetrate due to lower angle.

 

Don't feel bad for the 268-4 driver though - a small measure of karma getting balanced by something once considered totally broken (now, mostly annoying when RNG dumps on you either as the driver or target)



Cannes76 #6 Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 64526 battles
  • 1,613
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
4005 Hesh rounds have 230mm pen, SQ Hesh only has 120mm afaik. Penning with 120mm is indeed mindboggling! Anyone who can freecam the replay and give explanation? 230mm pen should be able to pen the lower plate? 

FAME_skill4ltu #7 Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29920 battles
  • 997
  • [FAME] FAME
  • Member since:
    09-23-2012
i cant help u cause i have no clue about weakspot cause i just load gold instead of aiming

250swb #8 Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21699 battles
  • 4,864
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View Post1ah1ksa, on 17 April 2018 - 04:20 PM, said:

How?

 

I haven't looked at the replay but it may be you accidentally hit the lower plate instead of the upper armour?


Edited by 250swb, 17 April 2018 - 06:50 PM.


hasnainrakha57 #9 Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 13778 battles
  • 583
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE
  • Member since:
    08-01-2013
Green part is 220mm+

Attached Files

  • Attached File   Screenshot_2018-04-17-21-07-11.png   371.08K


SpartA_1ah1 #10 Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16664 battles
  • 71
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View Posthasnainrakha57, on 17 April 2018 - 07:11 PM, said:

Green part is 220mm+

i know but Super Conqueror HESH is 120mm

View PostGerman_Dunc, on 17 April 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

I've done with the 4005 before.

 

Without looking at either replay or tanks.gg it'll be overmatch the roof or the shot dropping onto the target causing it to penetrate due to lower angle.

 

Don't feel bad for the 268-4 driver though - a small measure of karma getting balanced by something once considered totally broken (now, mostly annoying when RNG dumps on you either as the driver or target)

xD nice shot

View PostBKatt, on 17 April 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

I penned a Obj 268 V4 frontally with my fv4005 frontally once with hesh aswell.

I think the game broke, as WG clearly designed the Obj not to get penned.:child:

well done



Alex_Connor #11 Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16272 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    11-29-2012

Upper glacis of the Obj 268 v4 is only 100mm even if it's angled to autobounce, hesh functions like HE and ignores angling so yeah, you can shoot straight through the front of a 268 v4 with hesh.

 

Edit: That applies to 105mm and 120mm hesh, also some of the higher pen HE like Ru 251 have about 50-50 to pen.


Edited by Alex_Connor, 17 April 2018 - 08:31 PM.


lord_chipmonk #12 Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:30 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 33215 battles
  • 10,208
  • [-HOW-] -HOW-
  • Member since:
    12-23-2012

View PostAlex_Connor, on 17 April 2018 - 08:23 PM, said:

Upper glacis of the Obj 268 v4 is only 100mm even if it's angled to autobounce, hesh functions like HE and ignores angling so yeah, you can shoot straight through the front of a 268 v4 with hesh.

 

So a Deathstar can rebalance the sh!t out of it? Sweet!

Dava_117 #13 Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:50 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18538 battles
  • 2,745
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postlord_chipmonk, on 17 April 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

 

So a Deathstar can rebalance the sh!t out of it? Sweet!

 

Not that much. HE don't bounce but get no normalization. That area is around 300 effective without normalization.

kejmo #14 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27869 battles
  • 645
  • Member since:
    11-07-2011

Report bug. Obviously a game error.

 

The tank isn't supposed to be penetrable for at least few more months till WG milks enough money and then rebalances it.



Alex_Connor #15 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16272 battles
  • 213
  • Member since:
    11-29-2012

View PostDava_117, on 17 April 2018 - 07:50 PM, said:

 

Not that much. HE don't bounce but get no normalization. That area is around 300 effective without normalization.

 

That's not how HE works.

 

HE and Hesh completely ignore angling and just use the basic armor thickness which is 100mm on the upper glacis and the little strip at the bottom. Just avoid the middle part of the hull front which is actually 300mm and you can pen Obj 268 v4 from the front with any Hesh from 105mm or bigger guns.



Dava_117 #16 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18538 battles
  • 2,745
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostAlex_Connor, on 17 April 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

 

That's not how HE works.

 

HE and Hesh completely ignore angling and just use the basic armor thickness which is 100mm on the upper glacis and the little strip at the bottom. Just avoid the middle part of the hull front which is actually 300mm and you can pen Obj 268 v4 from the front with any Hesh from 105mm or bigger guns.

 

Nope. HE count angle too. You can check the wiki or any other site and you can test it. You will never pen that plate with 230mm pen HESH if not shoting from above with quite an angle.

Strappster #17 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:12 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23695 battles
  • 8,926
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostAlex_Connor, on 17 April 2018 - 08:02 PM, said:

That's not how HE works.

 

HE and Hesh completely ignore angling and just use the basic armor thickness which is 100mm on the upper glacis and the little strip at the bottom. Just avoid the middle part of the hull front which is actually 300mm and you can pen Obj 268 v4 from the front with any Hesh from 105mm or bigger guns.

 

This, as far as I understand HE mechanics. You zoomed out before firing the penning shell but the v4 was also turning to his right and there's a spot on the side ahead of the front track wheel that's only 80mm thick, so you might have hit that.

 

 

Edit: ignore that, I'm guessing wrong. This is a screenshot from the moment you fired. The pen indicator is green because you shot him in the lower 100mm thick part of the lower plate. Note that point of aim doesn't line up with the gun marker because I'm using the free camera (left-click during replay).

 

 

This second shot shows the point of impact with arrow for clarity.

 

 


Edited by Strappster, 17 April 2018 - 09:20 PM.


SpartA_1ah1 #18 Posted 17 April 2018 - 09:52 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16664 battles
  • 71
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostStrappster, on 17 April 2018 - 09:12 PM, said:

 

This, as far as I understand HE mechanics. You zoomed out before firing the penning shell but the v4 was also turning to his right and there's a spot on the side ahead of the front track wheel that's only 80mm thick, so you might have hit that.

 

 

Edit: ignore that, I'm guessing wrong. This is a screenshot from the moment you fired. The pen indicator is green because you shot him in the lower 100mm thick part of the lower plate. Note that point of aim doesn't line up with the gun marker because I'm using the free camera (left-click during replay).

 

 

This second shot shows the point of impact with arrow for clarity.

 

 

 

you are right

and i think somthing wrong in tanks.gg

look here

1-Posted Image

2-Posted Image

3-Posted Image

 

 


Edited by 1ah1ksa, 17 April 2018 - 09:54 PM.


Atloas #19 Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:20 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9868 battles
  • 332
  • [MTAA] MTAA
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostAlex_Connor, on 17 April 2018 - 09:02 PM, said:

 

That's not how HE works.

 

HE and Hesh completely ignore angling and just use the basic armor thickness which is 100mm on the upper glacis and the little strip at the bottom. Just avoid the middle part of the hull front which is actually 300mm and you can pen Obj 268 v4 from the front with any Hesh from 105mm or bigger guns.

 

The penetration check on HE works the same way it does on AP rounds, but without normalisation. Once a HE shell fails to penetrate, the explosion ignores angling in it's damage calculation.

SpartA_1ah1 #20 Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:57 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16664 battles
  • 71
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostAtloas, on 17 April 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

 

The penetration check on HE works the same way it does on AP rounds, but without normalisation. Once a HE shell fails to penetrate, the explosion ignores angling in it's damage calculation.

 

i know it will explosed but its will do like 200 or less hp damage

but if penetrate it will do full HESH 515 hp damage






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users