• 0 battles
Five days to prove you're the best!

The full text of the news item

uglycousin #2 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
meh ... not for me, but good luck to those going for it. :)

Max_Calibre #3 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19811 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

Really nice looks all good 

cool prizes for only 5 days of competition 

shame the no1 top prize was not a T6 Premium tank as well as 20k credits (it is credits right, not Gold?

it could have been the rarest T6 tank not available anymore? WHICH would have been so cool! ~ or the winner chooses any T6 Premium

another missed opportunity to make it really ​interesting to participate

_danik_ #4 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10956 battles
Good tournament sad I don't use gold ammo to participate

uglycousin #5 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 43179 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View Post_danik_, on 18 April 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

:facepalm:

Geno1isme #6 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41161 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
Investing 5 evenings in a row so one can with luck get 7 days of premium time? Think I'll pass.

Berbo #7 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:56 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostMax_Calibre, on 18 April 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

Really nice looks all good 

cool prizes for only 5 days of competition 

shame the no1 top prize was not a T6 Premium tank as well as 20k credits (it is credits right, not Gold?

it could have been the rarest T6 tank not available anymore? WHICH would have been so cool! ~ or the winner chooses any T6 Premium

another missed opportunity to make it really ​interesting to participate

Im sure there are others who would like different rewards than what you proposed. Why T6 prem would be interesting to others?

While we do read and listen to your feedback, applying all of it is not possible. We will look into different rewards, but for now I believe they are good. Also, we're adding some fun rewards, which will be revealed a bit later.

View Post_danik_, on 18 April 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Let's assume your statement is 100% correct, at this tier gold doesn't make a big impact. 

Berbo #8 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostGeno1isme, on 18 April 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Investing 5 evenings in a row so one can with luck get 7 days of premium time? Think I'll pass.

This is a competition, if you win you can get a reward. It's important to say that this is not a giveaway.

What we're giving at random, is premium days, and this is to reward people who are a bit lucky but also those who played and won at least 1,2 games. 

There will be no competitions where we give rewards to everyone who played. It would stop being a competition at that point.

Cheers!

PixelAim #9 Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 67704 battles
  • [ANIML] ANIML
WG is always promoting 7vs7 + tier points, now 2vs2-4vs4 and six tier tanks? , what the hell just happen?, not mention 1vs1, when WG always like to say that WoT is team played game, and then boom headshot 1vs1, and of course 90% of the prices will go to undetected cheaters  and moders.

sir_alex_ice #10 Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36555 battles
  • [TK-BR] TK-BR
Less than 0 interest for me

Geno1isme #11 Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41161 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostBerbo, on 18 April 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

This is a competition, if you win you can get a reward. It's important to say that this is not a giveaway.

My point is that it requires way too much time given the rewards I consider to be realistic to win, as I put my chance for top 50 to be pretty minimal. Prizes are mostly the same as with Pathfinder, yet the time required increased by 66% and organizing teams is gonna be a lot more complicated.

Just my personal point of view, others may value the rewards more than the time. If you're happy with the participation numbers than obviously the system works for you. Just not an option for me, just like nolifing to get the Progetti for free isn't compatible with my life.

Corruption_Clan #12 Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45209 battles

I am looking to get carried..

Message me if you are sick at this game

Vitezpomijar #13 Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 38497 battles

View PostBerbo, on 18 April 2018 - 12:58 PM, said:

What we're giving at random, is premium days, and this is to reward people who are a bit lucky but also those who played and won at least 1,2 games. 

There will be no competitions where we give rewards to everyone who played. It would stop being a competition at that point.

Cheers!

If those rewards are per team, it would be ok, and that make sense. But u play team battles, doing realy good with team, and still exist posibility to earn nothing if u get much experienced players in team than you.. I mean this concept of team battles and rewards are simply ridiculous. Give us rewards per team, becouse teams will won this competition, not the player. ;) Also in my opinion in this player base on EU server reward sistem is too low, that's why most of the people simply stoped playing team battles, and rewards are still droping down. When i started to play, rewards was much higher, and was per team,.Now we have more teams, but prizes are lowered and less skilled players they had some chances to win something, and now that simply isn't possible.. :(

Edited by Vitezpomijar, 18 April 2018 - 07:03 PM.

XrN1 #14 Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14337 battles
  • [NRC] NRC

This event makes hardly any sense. The winners will be people who are able to compete well in both 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 AND 5v5. 

The majority of your player base only plays alone. But sure, for the people who do play in platoons and clans, other small team based events would make sense, but not to combine them all.

Of the small player base that does play in these 2-5 teams, how many of those players would able to be able to form teams for all those sections of the competition? 

Imagine you have a good 5v5 team, how are you going to split up into 2v2 teams? Someone of your 5 man team will be left out. Same goes for the 3v3, two people will be left out or they have to find team members from somewhere else. When it comes to 4v4 someone from your 5v5 will have to be dropped. 

I can imagine wanting to promote team play and create team based events, but organising in them in this fashion creates more friction between players in teams that are interested in these type of games than encouraging players to form teams. 

It would make more sense to do it in a way that players can both play together and scale up to higher numbers without leaving people out. 

For instance make it a 2v2 and 4v4 event. Players can play together as a group and split up into two 2v2 teams if they want. No one gets left out. 

Alternatively do a 5v5 + 2v2  with a separate 5v5 + 3v3 for different rankings and winnings. Allowing people to split up properly in teams of 3 and 2, with of course the option of the 2 players opting to find a 3rd to join the 3v3 competition instead. 

In these situations the team as a whole doesn't have to worry about who gets left out, everyone can play and compete as they can and want. 

On a side note, kudos for doing the random and mystery prizes. The difference between feeling that you have no chance of winning to have an actual tiny chance of winning is astronomical

Rencalcifer #15 Posted 19 April 2018 - 12:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9111 battles

My friends doesn't play WoT, they say it's P2W as EDIT, the worst is they are right and when they ask me why the heck do I play I don't know what to say :(

TLDR: no friends in WoT, game is P2W

Edited by Kampa1987, 19 April 2018 - 12:18 PM.
Vulgarism

WoT_RU_Doing #16 Posted 19 April 2018 - 06:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 42069 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

Hmm....5 days, to find a player that you work well with, and also a player you work well with later, when they dump their friend.

I don't see this as beneficial to anyone in the player base.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #17 Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostBerbo, on 18 April 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Im sure there are others who would like different rewards than what you proposed. Why T6 prem would be interesting to others?

While we do read and listen to your feedback, applying all of it is not possible. We will look into different rewards, but for now I believe they are good. Also, we're adding some fun rewards, which will be revealed a bit later.

Let's assume your statement is 100% correct, at this tier gold doesn't make a big impact. 

"Even less then 5%".... riiiiight?

FWIW The impact of premium rounds = the same. Or do they function differently from other tiers?

Edited by Spek_en_Bonen, 19 April 2018 - 07:41 AM.

Berbo #18 Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostVitezpomijar, on 18 April 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

If those rewards are per team, it would be ok, and that make sense. But u play team battles, doing realy good with team, and still exist posibility to earn nothing if u get much experienced players in team than you.. I mean this concept of team battles and rewards are simply ridiculous. Give us rewards per team, becouse teams will won this competition, not the player. ;) Also in my opinion in this player base on EU server reward sistem is too low, that's why most of the people simply stoped playing team battles, and rewards are still droping down. When i started to play, rewards was much higher, and was per team,.Now we have more teams, but prizes are lowered and less skilled players they had some chances to win something, and now that simply isn't possible.. :(

To have teams, there needs to be an option of "static" teams where all players would be forced to stay in one team throughout the competition.

In the current system where team needs to be created each time, allows players to create teams with different players every time.

Something like this cannot function, it's impossible. Each player has it's own points, damage, xp. To count this for a team where each tournament there is a different team, hardly makes any sense.

See this as ranked, you have team and team mates but you push for your own score.

Berbo #19 Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:40 AM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostXrN1, on 18 April 2018 - 10:13 PM, said:

This event makes hardly any sense. The winners will be people who are able to compete well in both 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 AND 5v5. 

The majority of your player base only plays alone. But sure, for the people who do play in platoons and clans, other small team based events would make sense, but not to combine them all.

You don't have any factual evidence to support the claim that majority of people play alone. What you said that doesn't make sense, is yet to be seen (at least for tournaments).

Of the small player base that does play in these 2-5 teams, how many of those players would able to be able to form teams for all those sections of the competition? 

It's their goal to find team mates, like anyone else. If none of them does, then simply 5v5 scores will not matter much and competition will be mostly about 1v1-3v3.

In the end, whoever wants to benefit from this, either needs to have a team or to create one. Who knows, maybe some new friendships emerge :)

Imagine you have a good 5v5 team, how are you going to split up into 2v2 teams? Someone of your 5 man team will be left out. Same goes for the 3v3, two people will be left out or they have to find team members from somewhere else. When it comes to 4v4 someone from your 5v5 will have to be dropped. 

That's the sacrifice we're willing to make, I think teams will survive, having to play 1 day without their team mate in 7 years of WoT tournaments.

It would make more sense to do it in a way that players can both play together and scale up to higher numbers without leaving people out. 

For instance make it a 2v2 and 4v4 event. Players can play together as a group and split up into two 2v2 teams if they want. No one gets left out. 

Alternatively do a 5v5 + 2v2  with a separate 5v5 + 3v3 for different rankings and winnings. Allowing people to split up properly in teams of 3 and 2, with of course the option of the 2 players opting to find a 3rd to join the 3v3 competition instead. 

In these situations the team as a whole doesn't have to worry about who gets left out, everyone can play and compete as they can and want. 

TL;DR technical limitations, there can be only 1 cup per day. Not possible.

There is a lot of things you (players) can't see. What seems logical to you, may have absolutely no sense from other point of view. What you think is a brilliant idea, may not be even doable.

This is what it is, if it's a failure as you said it, then we'll rethink the whole idea. The main purpose is to give variety of content and competition.

It's better to try and fail and new idea than not to try anything at all.

Cheers and thank you for your feedback! 

Berbo #20 Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:46 AM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31600 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostSpek_en_Bonen, on 19 April 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

"Even less then 5%".... riiiiight?

FWIW The impact of premium rounds = the same. Or do they function differently from other tiers?

I'll give my final reply in regards to gold ammo, as I'll not be turning this thread into another one of omg!!111oneoneone! gold shells etc

Aiming properly gives you better chance to penetrate than to shoot gold ammo and having no idea where are weakspots.

Lower tier tanks usually have weaker armor. While the pen scales and it's lower as well, I still stand by my statement that the impact of gold shells is lower in lower tiers.

From competitive point of view, they are purchasable for silver by ANYONE. As long as we give fair and equal conditions to all teams, it's fair in my books.

Have a nice day

Cheers! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users