• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Geno1isme #21 Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:46 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 40053 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostBerbo, on 19 April 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

It's their goal to find team mates, like anyone else. If none of them does, then simply 5v5 scores will not matter much and competition will be mostly about 1v1-3v3.

Ehm, please correct me if I'm wrong, but someone playing all tournaments will have a massive advantage over someone only playing days 1-3 due to being able to score more points, no? Esp. as 5v5 generates more points than 1v1 or 3v3. A player ending on first place in day 1-3 scores 36 points, a player ending on place 6 in day 1-5 scores 40 points. Even last place on day 4+5 gets you 11 points, just as much as place 1 on day 1. Don't see how your argument works unless literally nobody registers for 5v5.

It's not like you can loose points by bad performance in 5v5, at most your XP factor is reduced, but that is secondary to points in the ranking so mostly irrelevant in this regard.

I'm sure I must miss something major here ...

8126Jakobsson #22 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:08 AM

Major

• Player
  • 61018 battles

View PostBerbo, on 19 April 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

You don't have any factual evidence to support the claim that majority of people play alone. 

Are you saying that the majority of the player base do not play this game single? Now I'm not a gambling man, and you are the one employed by the company that's sitting on all the data, but I'm willing to bet a hefty sum on that they are. :coin:

Berbo #23 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:14 AM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31033 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 19 April 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Are you saying that the majority of the player base do not play this game single? Now I'm not a gambling man, and you are the one employed by the company that's sitting on all the data, but I'm willing to bet a hefty sum on that they are. :coin:

I'm not saying anything. Just stating the fact that some players use "XX players do XX" claim with absolutely no evidence of that, and use this as their main argument.

Berbo #24 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31033 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostGeno1isme, on 19 April 2018 - 09:46 AM, said:

Ehm, please correct me if I'm wrong, but someone playing all tournaments will have a massive advantage over someone only playing days 1-3 due to being able to score more points, no? Esp. as 5v5 generates more points than 1v1 or 3v3. A player ending on first place in day 1-3 scores 36 points, a player ending on place 6 in day 1-5 scores 40 points. Even last place on day 4+5 gets you 11 points, just as much as place 1 on day 1. Don't see how your argument works unless literally nobody registers for 5v5.

It's not like you can loose points by bad performance in 5v5, at most your XP factor is reduced, but that is secondary to points in the ranking so mostly irrelevant in this regard.

I'm sure I must miss something major here ...

You said how people will not be able to find 5v5 teammates, and I said, if no players find team mates then 5v5 will be irrelevant. (assuming NO ONE plays it)

Now you said, teams who play will have advantage... yes. That's the point, teams who gather 5 players will put more efforts into it, if others want those points they should do more and find some players.

The main reason we put more points for 5v5 as we know it's not that easy to find teams, but it's definitely not that difficult.

Cheers

Aubury #25 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24651 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Hello Berbo/Tournament Manager. Can you please elaborate why there are 23 minutes between every battle? The waiting times are obnoxiously long, and sometimes the opponent won't even show up.

I remember a time where you would finish your battle, and the next battle would already have popped with 5 minutes remaining. That was fast, fun and less stressful.

Can this please be changed? This is the one rule that is holding me back from playing more of your tournaments :'(

EDIT: preferrably for ALL tournaments in the current April Superweek, since it's 45 battles... That's a LOT of time spent waiting.

EDIT2: since it's only 7 minutes/battle + 1 minute loading screen, I feel like battles could start every 15 minutes, with battles starting roughly 10 minutes after popping.

Edited by Aubury, 23 April 2018 - 06:05 PM.

Berbo #26 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31033 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostAubury, on 23 April 2018 - 05:59 PM, said:

Hello Berbo/Tournament Manager. Can you please elaborate why there are 23 minutes between every battle? The waiting times are obnoxiously long, and sometimes the opponent won't even show up.

I remember a time where you would finish your battle, and the next battle would already have popped with 5 minutes remaining. That was fast, fun and less stressful.

Can this please be changed? This is the one rule that is holding me back from playing more of your tournaments :'(

EDIT: preferrably for ALL tournaments in the current April Superweek, since it's 45 battles... That's a LOT of time spent waiting.

EDIT2: since it's only 7 minutes/battle + 1 minute loading screen, I feel like battles could start every 15 minutes, with battles starting roughly 10 minutes after popping.

That is something we are perfectly aware of and trust me I'd like to reduce waiting time more than you.

The issue is that TMS (tournament management system) creates 30 battles for each 30 seconds of the tournament. 

Meaning in this tournament there are over 9000 games (not fun intended) and each 30 has to be created each 30 seconds. 1 min for 60 games.

In regular daily tournaments there are 300-500 teams which doesn't make these breaks long, but in this 1v1, there are 1600 players (each player represents a team) and this causes super long times.

Now why tms is doing this? It is mostly to increase stability and performance of the server.

I honestly hope that in near future we'll get some upgrade to tms and shorten the times between games. 

Hopefully this explains it. 

Aubury #27 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24651 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Well, tomorrow's 2v2 should have less teams than today's 1v1. Would that mean quicker battles?

Also, thanks for replying so quickly. Didn't expect you to be so on top of this :D

Berbo #28 Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:10 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31033 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View PostAubury, on 23 April 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

Well, tomorrow's 2v2 should have less teams than today's 1v1. Would that mean quicker battles?

Also, thanks for replying so quickly. Didn't expect you to be so on top of this :D

Definitely quicker. there will be most likely less teams and also teams will be of 2. Which means at least half of time between battles should be gone.

No worries, thank you for writing to us. We generally tend to reply to everyone when possible. So even if we do not reply, be persistent ;)

GL tomorrow!

matte40 #29 Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17979 battles
  • [L0SE] L0SE
Berbo are you going to make a specific thread for this tournament or is this where we should keep writing? Or on the daily tournaments thread?

Berbo #30 Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:43 PM

eSports Manager Europe

• WG Staff
  • 31033 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

View Postmatte40, on 23 April 2018 - 07:15 PM, said:

Berbo are you going to make a specific thread for this tournament or is this where we should keep writing? Or on the daily tournaments thread?

Feel free to write anywhere you want.

Lately, we switched activity a lot more towards the news section as it is generally more active.

matte40 #31 Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17979 battles
  • [L0SE] L0SE

Edited by matte40, 28 April 2018 - 03:30 PM.

parky2000 #32 Posted 25 April 2018 - 12:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 33260 battles
  • [SKIL3] SKIL3
where is the table for the rankings for this event???

matte40 #33 Posted 25 April 2018 - 05:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17979 battles
  • [L0SE] L0SE

Edited by matte40, 28 April 2018 - 03:38 PM.

Car_Dusan_2912 #34 Posted 27 April 2018 - 07:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 31207 battles
  • [D_N_1] D_N_1
How i know my position after competition?

the_bloody_fox #35 Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5577 battles
  • [DACUS] DACUS

So this experiment is done and dusted. This was the result:

1st day: 2nd place because i missed a game, dunno how that happened, but for sure it was my fault

2,3,4th day i played every time with one player less in the team. Places? 8, 6 and 6

5th day full team for the last 8 matches, had enormous luck playing the first 2 battles with the best team in the group.

I have joined random teams except 5th day when we manage to organize something with guys that i played in the other days.

I will let you know the place I got in the end.

kawi15 #36 Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 36577 battles
  • [GE-PL] GE-PL
When we should expect results of this event?

the_bloody_fox #37 Posted 28 April 2018 - 09:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5577 battles
  • [DACUS] DACUS
Hey chill it's weekend and come on it is difficult to sort an DB:)

matte40 #38 Posted 28 April 2018 - 10:49 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17979 battles
  • [L0SE] L0SE
First of all, thank you for making one-week tournament again. It's just so much more enjoyable than dailies. Comparing to Pathfinder, there's only one real improvement and that is increasing the amount of days from three to five. Changing the team size for each day was kind of a good idea to have something new for each day but it didn't really work in use. You couldn't play the tournament in a group of friends because someone would have always got left out from team (unless you had group of 60 people). I tried to play the tournament without any help from my friends but it was just too hard to find teams or teammates so my friends had to help me out on Wednesday and Thursday. The tournament was alot about who has the best helpful friends because obviously they got nothing for playing 1-2 days of the tournament. Changing the format for each day is a good idea but you should keep the team size same. So for example one day with lights only, one day with heavies, one day with standard gamemode etc. You really should use standard gamemode more often, I remember when you used it on the End of the year 2016 tournaments (or whatever they were called) I thought it worked well. Maybe not for everyday use but for some special tournaments.

It is just impossible to create a working structure for players fighting against eachother (unless you make every day 1v1 which would obviously be a terrible idea, three hours of 1v1 group stage with most of the battles being technical victories wasn't that much fun :) ). I'd say like atleast 75% of players would rather have the tournament for teams instead of players. The only real arguments you have said against this is To have teams, there needs to be an option of "static" teams where all players would be forced to stay in one team throughout the competition. and These competitions require the players to commit for several days in a row and not everybody is able to do that. I really don't see the difficulty of playing in one team, like we always do in tournaments. These tournaments have been played in the NA server for years without problems. If you eliminate bottom teams after each day there shouldn't be a huge afk team problem. It's true that not everyone can play for 5 days in a row but thats why you have the option for a thing called reserve player. And really if you are not able to play in all of the days, I'm not sure if you should take part in a week-lasting tournament. In the April Superweek you couldn't get any decent prizes unless you played every day and for the gold prizes I guess you also had to win every group. I was first from Monday to Wednesday, second on Thursday and tenth on Friday because I wasn't able to play. Let's see what do I get with 55/65 points for playing well for four days. If you had rewards for teams instead of players, maybe you couldn't make them look as good as they look now but I hope everyone realizes how low they actully are with the expection of the very first places. I don't understand why do you have special weekend tournaments on the same week with the Superweek when at least in my opinion you should be focusing the prizes a bit more towards these tournaments.

Another thing I don't understand is that why are you still using the pointing system for total score. Why don't you count gained points / total points possible? This way there would be hardly any draws and the experience rule (which is not really much better than the damage rule) would become insignificant. Also this has been working on the NA server for years so I don't understand why couldn't you be able to make it work.

What comes to maps, why are you stuck on the five maps (with one random Erlenberg on 4v4)? You tested new maps on the Pathfinder tournament and feedback were mainly positive. For groups of ten teams you could easily have nine different maps. Prokhorovka, Sand river, Steppes, pretty much anything that has encounter as long as you don't pick Malinovka and Redshire I guess. It's just becoming a bit boring to play the five maps all the time.

It would be nice to have some kind of an answer this time unlike week ago when I wrote feedback for hours. I'm not writing just what I think is best for me but what I assume most of the playerbase would prefer. Also would be nice to get some info about the results. :)

Edited by matte40, 28 April 2018 - 03:18 PM.

firemancs #39 Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34153 battles
  • [MATEK] MATEK
Hi when is the prize coming?41point

deth176 #40 Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9312 battles
  • [DYWSP] DYWSP

Is there any date for results?