Type 5 armour model on Tanks GG

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rage_Quit_Inc #1 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

Hi all, just wondering how accurate the armour model for the Type 5 heavy is on Tanks.GG. The reason I ask is that according to that the front of the turret should be an easy pen for a FV 183 with AP with 310 pen like a 70-80% chance and the whole side should be basically an auto pen at a 90 degree angle, just my experiences differ drastically from that, in reality this tanks laughs a most games I play against it but not very game, the armour seems to work one game then its swiss cheese the next. I find this inconsistency annoying, you can either pick the right angle ammo and pen or you spam at any old angle and take your chance. can we bring skill back into the game please or is it banned on the RU servers?

Yes I know its RNG blah blah blah and we will have all the 10k post forum trolls here as they are sad little people with nothing else to do other than post here and obey the restraining orders they have on them by the local junior schools.

Just want to know if anyone else finds the inconsistency too much in this game, RNG having too much influence, BTW I get god shots as well and good runs of RNG but I don't want them if I aim badly I deserve to miss or not pen I don't want a computer deciding how much damage I do one way or the other, I just want a consistent game with a what you do is what you get outcome :)

Have a good day everyone and all those in the UK enjoy the great weather!

Artick_ #2 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:50 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 29700 battles
  • [BADD] BADD

If you play FV with AP u bot :)))

HESH Is life.

IncandescentGerbil #3 Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35775 battles
I don't follow. What is this AP of which you speak?

UrQuan #4 Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20122 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Reason that it isn't that easy to pen is angles. First & foremost, ideal situations are rare. Most of the time, you shoot it at an angle & due to the thickness of the armor, even small angles give a big effect. Second, shell arc means that your shell impacts at an angle in most cases (small angle, but it does matter). 

And of course, shells don't always go where you aim, making you hit that angled armor plate, or the sides at a steep angle.

Don't forget that the type 5 sides have large parts that is wide spaced armor, that even at very small angled becomes ridiculous to pen. So if it's not at 90 degrees for you, then yes, you can forget penning it at some of those parts.

If you can pen armor under ideal circumstances in 70% of the cases, then under battle-conditions, you can make that 30% (rough estimate); tanks move & turn, shell/pen rng etc. 

Balc0ra #5 Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 67404 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRage_Quit_Inc, on 18 April 2018 - 01:14 PM, said:

Yes I know its RNG blah blah blah and we will have all the 10k post forum trolls here as they are sad little people with nothing else to do other than post here and obey the restraining orders they have on them by the local junior schools.

Oh... right... I'm gonna leave then.

Rage_Quit_Inc #6 Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

View PostUrQuan, on 18 April 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

Reason that it isn't that easy to pen is angles. First & foremost, ideal situations are rare. Most of the time, you shoot it at an angle & due to the thickness of the armor, even small angles give a big effect. Second, shell arc means that your shell impacts at an angle in most cases (small angle, but it does matter).

And of course, shells don't always go where you aim, making you hit that angled armor plate, or the sides at a steep angle.

Don't forget that the type 5 sides have large parts that is wide spaced armor, that even at very small angled becomes ridiculous to pen. So if it's not at 90 degrees for you, then yes, you can forget penning it at some of those parts.

If you can pen armor under ideal circumstances in 70% of the cases, then under battle-conditions, you can make that 30% (rough estimate); tanks move & turn, shell/pen rng etc.

your first part yes agree with as the turret can shift turn and RNG can replace skill because WG want RU players to be able to kill it, I doissagree with the second comment about the sides, disregarding the tracks the whole side should be 160 ish @90 degrees at the side strip and 230-240 on the turret but this tank on paper doesn't represent the tanks armour in game as there have been many times im bouncing shell if its turret with a tier X med , hence me asking. I don't need a lesson on mechanics I know how it works just stating it seems either Tangs.GG is wrong or there is something else going on.

if it was a case of blindly spamming rounds then yeah all will probably bounce with lucky shots penning but ive found some games every well aimed shot penns other games well aimed shots bounce from the same or equivalent guns (250-270Pen APFS)

Rage_Quit_Inc #7 Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5211 battles
  • [RQI] RQI

View PostBalc0ra, on 18 April 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

Oh... right... I'm gonna leave then.

Bye :P

View PostArtick_, on 18 April 2018 - 12:50 PM, said:

If you play FV with AP u bot :)))

HESH Is life.

Maybe in most cases but sometimes the 310 standard pen is good for something like this monster and also the abortion that is the 286 v 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users