Why does wargaming support bullies?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Snowcat_srt #1 Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:22 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 23831 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

We all know that you can shoot a friendly without any consequences and that they can shoot you back.

But what about intentional blocking? Getting shot by a high caliber gun (deathstar)?

I'm not talking about enemies but friendlies. We play 15v15 (for the most part) and we play as a team. What is being done to defend ourselves from our own team? 

Seriously wargaming. I use all my report tickets daily and nothing happens to the people I tag. I have seen enemy SPGs and/or platoons drowning themselves so that they're not killed by a team that clearly deserved the kills and a fight. I see bots drive forward without shooting into enemy lines for spotting damage to progress their tanks and we have all encountered people with an average wn8 of 300 after 40k battles and all they do is shoot he randomly or drive without any human senses to get a little bit of xp to grind their current tier (potential botting in this case).

I understand the average player isn't a magician and that their win rate / PR / wn8 or whatever you look at won't be IDEAL/FAME/322 material but that doesn't mean a player with 40k+ battles who has played 40 games in the last 2-3 days gets an average of less than 200 damage in a tier 10 tank! That is an actual challenge to achieve and I don't think anyone who participates on these forums can intentionally manage to do that! Why waste your time? It has to be a bot or foul play!

My question is what is wargaming doing towards helping dedicated players? How can we defend ourselves? 

HeidenSieker #2 Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostSnowcat_srt, on 18 April 2018 - 11:22 PM, said:

My question is what is wargaming doing towards helping dedicated players? How can we defend ourselves? 

Hm.

By being better than them, realising that these things don't happen every game, and will even out, and using the in-game reporting mechanism appropriately?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27537 battles
If you're using all your report tickets every day then seems to me you're probably part of the problem.

Strappster #4 Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSnowcat_srt, on 18 April 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

I understand the average player isn't a magician and that their win rate / PR / wn8 or whatever you look at won't be IDEAL/FAME/322 material but that doesn't mean a player with 40k+ battles who has played 40 games in the last 2-3 days gets an average of less than 200 damage in a tier 10 tank!

Have you tried using the other ammo types and not just HE?

If you have, have you tried using HE? It always does damage.

HTH

Snowcat_srt #5 Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:47 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 23831 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 April 2018 - 10:27 PM, said:

If you're using all your report tickets every day then seems to me you're probably part of the problem.

I'll use around 4-7 daily playing around maybe 25 games on average reporting usually a single ticket per tanker. I wish I could write a description. I won't report new players because we all started somewhere and have to learn.

View PostStrappster, on 18 April 2018 - 10:32 PM, said:

Have you tried using the other ammo types and not just HE?

If you have, have you tried using HE? It always does damage.

HTH

I always use HE while playing Japanese artillery

TheComfyChair #6 Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6808 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I am of the opinion that the report function is a placebo to be honest.

Indy_Bones #7 Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29375 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostTheComfyChair, on 18 April 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

I am of the opinion that the report function is a placebo to be honest.

I think that even when you send an actual ticket in with full supporting evidence, that nothing is actually done despite any claims otherwise.

Frostilicus #8 Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:22 AM

Major

• Clan Diplomat
  • 22423 battles
  • [-ZNO-] -ZNO-

If you play Random battles you have to accept that you will get exactly that - a random battle.

The game design is that if you want a more structured experience for a "dedicated player", you're supposed to head into one of the other modes - but very few people ever seem to do that, me included :)

Enforcer1975 #9 Posted 19 April 2018 - 08:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20646 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

we play as a team. 

Xaxaxa they got you there...

Mr_Beefy #10 Posted 19 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20749 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

View PostSnowcat_srt, on 19 April 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

We all know that you can shoot a friendly without any consequences and that they can shoot you back.

But what about intentional blocking? Getting shot by a high caliber gun (deathstar)?

I'm not talking about enemies but friendlies. We play 15v15 (for the most part) and we play as a team. What is being done to defend ourselves from our own team? 

Seriously wargaming. I use all my report tickets daily and nothing happens to the people I tag. I have seen enemy SPGs and/or platoons drowning themselves so that they're not killed by a team that clearly deserved the kills and a fight. I see bots drive forward without shooting into enemy lines for spotting damage to progress their tanks and we have all encountered people with an average wn8 of 300 after 40k battles and all they do is shoot he randomly or drive without any human senses to get a little bit of xp to grind their current tier (potential botting in this case).

I understand the average player isn't a magician and that their win rate / PR / wn8 or whatever you look at won't be IDEAL/FAME/322 material but that doesn't mean a player with 40k+ battles who has played 40 games in the last 2-3 days gets an average of less than 200 damage in a tier 10 tank! That is an actual challenge to achieve and I don't think anyone who participates on these forums can intentionally manage to do that! Why waste your time? It has to be a bot or foul play!

​And you come to the forums to be trolled on this?

I mean, the only ones that really answer you most of the time are people that have almost as many forum posts as battles.  

WG has decided that everyone with a wallet and/or a pulse and access to the internet with even a calculator for a computer can access their game.  This means we have to deal with people that think that if they just go another tier or 2 up, then they will be fine.

Obviously, they do not understand that the higher up the tiers you go the more complex things are, & WG? As long as they buy t8 prems, let em ruin the game as much as they want.

View PostIndy_Bones, on 19 April 2018 - 09:03 AM, said:

I think that even when you send an actual ticket in with full supporting evidence, that nothing is actually done despite any claims otherwise.

​Do you understand how much staff WG would need to employ in order to watch the probably 5-10k replays a day people send in on tickets?

They just want you to buy stuff from them, and play, while keeping to a minimum the amount of non technical related staff on the payroll.  So the owners can (gasp) make more money.

Excavatus #11 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18897 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

How do you know nothing happens to the players you report?

Do you track their account for game progression?

Or do you expect them to be instabanned when you click report?

And what is the sentence mean "Deserving a kill?"

You are the enemy.. you don't deserve anything. You go.. and take as much as you can.. thats all..

trrprrprr #12 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:15 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23634 battles

View PostSnowcat_srt, on 18 April 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

Welcome to the earth? How many times ive been blocked, ramd/whot at only cos i got in the sniping spot faster in ob268 than slow crap platoon of E4s.... so one of them gets righ in fron of me and block my los, other just drives past pushing me away. So i push in front of me parked E4, he turns around and shots me so i shoot him back - he shoots again and other platoon turn ends me :)  It wont ever change and just deal with it.    How many times ive been killed thanks to top tier Heavy who decides that TD sniping spot is his, so he starts to push you out of cover for enemy to spot and kill.   Yet, i always get a chat ban just for telling players how "smart they are" Last one i have is 30day chat ban till 26th.  My shitlist every day gets an extra 50 players in it and reports are out in first two games.....wg doesnt give a sh1t about players, all they care is income and as long as that retarded bully pays, he wont get any fine for doing that and that vote system is bull crap, just automated thing and as soon as you got reported certain amount of times for same reason, you get auto ban....noone monitors it and only time they monitor - is direct report to the staff.   So just ignore them or better more try to spot your self and cover ehind that bully...let the enemy deal with him :)

Homer_J #13 Posted 19 April 2018 - 10:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Seriously wargaming. I use all my report tickets daily and nothing happens to the people I tag.

How do you know?

And given that people will report for you having god stats, do you really want them to punish people on the basis of one report?  Because with maybe half a million players using at least a few of their reports every day, they aren't going to investigate every single one.

Negativvv #14 Posted 19 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8355 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I always give a report to the first person who says "next noob team" or some sort of similar comment. Being a dirty VXM user I can see the vast majority of complainers are part of the problem...

Have encountered idiots who push you purposely out of scout positions or even TK you as they feel you're not doing enough as an LT. Had two games thrown recently because someone took offence to my passive spotting. I think they would prefer I yoloed in a T8 LT in a T10 MM so I get 1 shotted by all the campers waiting for the first peek...

Bordhaw #15 Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10851 battles

Indy_Bones #16 Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29375 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostExcavatus, on 19 April 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

How do you know nothing happens to the players you report?

Do you track their account for game progression?

Or do you expect them to be instabanned when you click report?

A) Yes, I have tracked progression on 2 of the players I was advised that 'appropriate action' was being taken against, and guess what? No obvious bans or impedance to their playing was found in either case.

B) No, of course not, but I do expect that when I send in a ticket with multiple screenshots attached which are clearly showing blatant racist abuse describing other players as ni**ers etc, then I don't just expect a 20 minute chat ban and a poxy e-mail to the offender either! But apparently WG feel this this is covered by the 'inappropriate behaviour in chat' report in-game and don't give a damn about it (funny how if I did that in the street I'd either be getting punched or arrested for racial slurs, but if it's in-game then it's all good according to WG)...

ThinGun #17 Posted 24 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34058 battles

Wow, you take this all WAY to seriously.  

Firstly, WG does not 'support' bullies, and I reckon that if you're using emotional terms like that when reporting, you aren't going to be taken very seriously.

Secondly, suck it up buttercup.  95% of games, this sort of behaviour doesn't happen - if you are having a problem, then it's more likely to be your own behaviour that's the issue.  Do you park in front of people?  Do you barge people out of the way if they are in 'your' space?  Do you ram people in spawn?  There are so many things that can annoy other playrs - just be sure that what you think of as bullying isn't actually retaliation.

Chuwt #18 Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23428 battles

There are probably a number of reasons why the reporting system does not seem to work: however I think a significant part of the problem is the number of people who send in stupid reports because they do not like somebodies play, which is bound to overload the system. I suspect there must be at least 10 or even a hundred reports made out of pique, lack of understanding or vindictivness for every valid one.

Condono #19 Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10028 battles
  • [13KIL] 13KIL

Somebody call BULLYHUNTER77

ThinGun #20 Posted 24 April 2018 - 07:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34058 battles

View PostChuwt, on 24 April 2018 - 07:14 PM, said:

There are probably a number of reasons why the reporting system does not seem to work: however I think a significant part of the problem is the number of people who send in stupid reports because they do not like somebodies play, which is bound to overload the system. I suspect there must be at least 10 or even a hundred reports made out of pique, lack of understanding or vindictivness for every valid one.

^^^^ THIS.  Yes.  People getting reported for camping, people getting reported for being bots, people getting reported for not spotting in TDs ....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users